What is going on?

Fulmer has already come out in support of Pruitt. I don’t think the Athletic Department sees the need reaffirm the affirmation.

All that's happening right now is that there a bunch of fans grumbling on social media, and a few talk shows hyping up that dissatisfaction. History has shown that vocal fan unhappiness doesn't equate to a significant drop in AIS. Nick Saban even coined a name for that "type of fan," he called them the "legion of the miserable."

Sure, tickets sales are down, and the average attendance had dropped to around 75k per game in 2019 (per a former report in the News Sentinel). But that's still nearly 20k more people willingly spending money on a trash football than most other programs have seats in their stadiums.

As Deerpark already stated, many donors just rolled their donations from 2020 to 2021; and, UT hit their attendance numbers of 25k this year, even in face of a losing season.

Bottom line, until the AD actually 'feels' the fan dissatisfaction, nothing is happening. The end.

PS: I've reached my pain-point. I'm not renewing, but I represent just one family.

A feeble and ill-advised comparison of the sitting head coach to a legend like John Majors was far from a ringing endorsement

Reactions: knoxvol16
This would require an organized traditional media and social media coordinated effort, as we did with opposing Schiano, to be successful.
Organizing in the era of Covid is also not easy.
Not saying it can’t be done but you would need some important allies in Knoxville willing to rock the UTAD boat.
Tough thing to do I know, but as you pointed out it has been done before.

I would like to start off by saying I am 100 percent on the fire Jeremy Pruitt train. The question becomes, what on earth is happening? The silence out of Knoxville is DEAFENING. It seems like everything is so up in the air about whether Pruitt is fired or staying. Not signing coaches, mass exodus of players, and investigation into the program, disfunction all around. Not to mention the horrific on the field product these last 3 years. It feels like a slam dunk that Pruitt should be fired with numerous coaches who would be an instant upgrade and rejuvenate the program. Apathy towards this program and lack of enthusiasm or even anger has never been higher than it is right now. As a fanbase, I truly don’t think we can do another year of this. The damage may become beyond repair. So again, WHAT IS GOING ON??
No leadership. Phil wants keep him to save face and some dough. Otherwise,no reason to hold onto him.

A feeble and ill-advised comparison of the sitting head coach to a legend like John Majors was far from a ringing endorsement

Fair point. But I don't think anyone in the AD is ready to go "coach shopping" in 2021. Also, if Pruitt has an even marginally improved season, there will be many tried and true Vol fans opening up their wallets yet again. Vol fans are fickle, but loyal.

Reactions: lifeVol
Man why don’t you just flip allegiance to Virginia Tech or ETSU? Why the misery?
Haven’t you been griping here about the current status of the program? I just like the negativity to transition into something else that may get better results or be more productive. That’s all.

Last edited:
No public announcement is the message you are looking to hear. No message = no change; we will hear an announcement if/when there is something to announce.

If Fulmer makes any announcement other than a firing, many fans would lose their minds. I can only imagine the meltdown if a press conference was scheduled, and then he gave Pruitt a vote of confidence. I would be entertaining to say the least.

I would like to start off by saying I am 100 percent on the fire Jeremy Pruitt train. The question becomes, what on earth is happening? The silence out of Knoxville is DEAFENING. It seems like everything is so up in the air about whether Pruitt is fired or staying. Not signing coaches, mass exodus of players, and investigation into the program, disfunction all around. Not to mention the horrific on the field product these last 3 years. It feels like a slam dunk that Pruitt should be fired with numerous coaches who would be an instant upgrade and rejuvenate the program. Apathy towards this program and lack of enthusiasm or even anger has never been higher than it is right now. As a fanbase, I truly don’t think we can do another year of this. The damage may become beyond repair. So again, WHAT IS GOING ON??

Wow Breaking news!

No public announcement is the message you are looking to hear. No message = no change; we will hear an announcement if/when there is something to announce.

If Fulmer makes any announcement other than a firing, many fans would lose their minds. I can only imagine the meltdown if a press conference was scheduled, and then he gave Pruitt a vote of confidence. I would be entertaining to say the least.
The original acceptance of the bowl game a few days ago was the acknowledgment that Pruitt was staying for 2021. It was a little subtle but definitive.

Last edited:
In my opinion what is happening is this. They don’t want to make a change because they have to admit they all made a mistake by approving and extending a contract extension. Now they are counting on the fans to continue to spend money on tickets, concessions, souvenirs and pack the stadium. I believe they are going to be shocked when they recognize the apathy that is setting into this fan base about this program. If the administration won’t care and fix the issues then I shouldn’t care.
The sentiment of a lot of people, myself included. I have NEVER just ignored and didn’t watch games like I did this year.

The sentiment of a lot of people, myself included. I have NEVER just ignored and didn’t watch games like I did this year.
I watched the last two games only to see what Bailey and Shrout would do. I wasn’t going to subject myself to that torture again if JG had remained the starter.

Once an assistant coach is hired, we will know for sure that CJP is coming back. All I have seen is message board confirmation. Fulmer's statement is "coach speak". The NFL season ends this weekend. Bowl season is coming to a close soon. The coaching carousel should be re-starting. Once that begins, we will see if CJP is hiring or looking for work.

I watched the last two games only to see what Bailey and Shrout would do. I wasn’t going to subject myself to that torture again if JG had remained the starter.
I laughed when he threw the pick 6 against Auburn. The wife got mad, but I just laughed. The closer they got to the end zone the more I was expecting the disaster.

I laughed when he threw the pick 6 against Auburn. The wife got mad, but I just laughed. The closer they got to the end zone the more I was expecting the disaster.
I jokingly predicted that pick 6 about 15 seconds before the play. One of the few times in my life I guess something right before it happened.

Reactions: Bobmo662

VN Store

Back