What is going on?

FalconVol77

I would like to start off by saying I am 100 percent on the fire Jeremy Pruitt train. The question becomes, what on earth is happening? The silence out of Knoxville is DEAFENING. It seems like everything is so up in the air about whether Pruitt is fired or staying. Not signing coaches, mass exodus of players, and investigation into the program, disfunction all around. Not to mention the horrific on the field product these last 3 years. It feels like a slam dunk that Pruitt should be fired with numerous coaches who would be an instant upgrade and rejuvenate the program. Apathy towards this program and lack of enthusiasm or even anger has never been higher than it is right now. As a fanbase, I truly don’t think we can do another year of this. The damage may become beyond repair. So again, WHAT IS GOING ON??

In my opinion what is happening is this. They don’t want to make a change because they have to admit they all made a mistake by approving and extending a contract extension. Now they are counting on the fans to continue to spend money on tickets, concessions, souvenirs and pack the stadium. I believe they are going to be shocked when they recognize the apathy that is setting into this fan base about this program. If the administration won’t care and fix the issues then I shouldn’t care.

The answer and the problem is...Nothing is going on.

I doubt that much will go on for awhile.

The best thing that could happen would be for several BIG $$$$$ boosters to get fed up, pissed off and to unite together to get rid of our AD, go hire Blackburn as our new AD and for him to have all the $$$$$ he needs to fire all the coaches he needs to, hire a new Head Coach and for him and the new HC to talk with the assistant coaches still under contract and see if any of them need to stay or a entire new coaching/recruiting staff be hired.

IMO a high priority needs to be coaches that can teach football well, inspire and motivate the players and CAN recruit with the best of them because we'll never catch back up if we can't recruit with the best of them and fill our player roster with some of the best football players in America.

OK BIG $$$$ boosters, get to it and get this going NOW!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

I hate to say it but its quiet because nothing is happening. Pruitt isnt going anywhere...
I agree but certainly would like for everyone to be wrong. There is no doubt that if Pruitt is not fired than we do not have an Administration and/or Donors who care enough about winning to reach a consensus in making the right decision. Stronger measures need to be taken. This is the year of the protest, right? I’m not joking.

You know what’s honestly complete trash about the way CFP is handling this? Is at least Whit Babcock came out and told the people they were sticking behind Fuente. Tech is more serious about their program than we are and don’t give me any garbage about that bs bowl press release.

I would like to start off by saying I am 100 percent on the fire Jeremy Pruitt train. The question becomes, what on earth is happening? The silence out of Knoxville is DEAFENING. It seems like everything is so up in the air about whether Pruitt is fired or staying. Not signing coaches, mass exodus of players, and investigation into the program, disfunction all around. Not to mention the horrific on the field product these last 3 years. It feels like a slam dunk that Pruitt should be fired with numerous coaches who would be an instant upgrade and rejuvenate the program. Apathy towards this program and lack of enthusiasm or even anger has never been higher than it is right now. As a fanbase, I truly don’t think we can do another year of this. The damage may become beyond repair. So again, WHAT IS GOING ON??
Pruitt is the coach and will be next year so the university actually doesn't have anything to say. The only people talking are the fans.

You know what’s honestly complete trash about the way CFP is handling this? Is at least Whit Babcock came out and told the people they were sticking behind Fuente. Tech is more serious about their program than we are and don’t give me any garbage about that bs bowl press release.
He did say that we have a good class coming in for pruitt in the spring or something along those lines..

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
The answer and the problem is...Nothing is going on.

I doubt that much will go on for awhile.

The best thing that could happen would be for several BIG $$$$$ boosters to get fed up, pissed off and to unite together to get rid of our AD, go hire Blackburn as our new AD and for him to have all the $$$$$ he needs to fire all the coaches he needs to, hire a new Head Coach and for him and the new HC to talk with the assistant coaches still under contract and see if any of them need to stay or a entire new coaching/recruiting staff be hired.

IMO a high priority needs to be coaches that can teach football well, inspire and motivate the players and CAN recruit with the best of them because we'll never catch back up if we can't recruit with the best of them and fill our player roster with some of the best football players in America.

OK BIG $$$$ boosters, get to it and get this going NOW!!!

VFL...GBO!!!
I respectfully disagree. The best thing that could happen is for Pruitt and his band to get their $&@? together and put together a winning season next year(and I don’t mean a 6-5 type of winning season) and beat one of Georgia, Alabama and Florida and at least give the other 2 all they can handle! This administration is not firing Pruitt at this point, imo, and what I just laid out is the best thing we could hope for at this point. With that said, I’m not holding my breath and am not very hopeful or confident in anything Tennessee football right now.
GBO!!

Fulmer has already come out in support of Pruitt. I don’t think the Athletic Department sees the need reaffirm the affirmation.

All that's happening right now is that there a bunch of fans grumbling on social media, and a few talk shows hyping up that dissatisfaction. History has shown that vocal fan unhappiness doesn't equate to a significant drop in AIS. Nick Saban even coined a name for that "type of fan," he called them the "legion of the miserable."

Sure, tickets sales are down, and the average attendance had dropped to around 75k per game in 2019 (per a former report in the News Sentinel). But that's still nearly 20k more people willingly spending money on a trash football than most other programs have seats in their stadiums.

As Deerpark already stated, many donors just rolled their donations from 2020 to 2021; and, UT hit their attendance numbers of 25k this year, even in face of a losing season.

Bottom line, until the AD actually 'feels' the fan dissatisfaction, nothing is happening. The end.

PS: I've reached my pain-point. I'm not renewing, but I represent just one family.

Edit: Corrected by two other posters regarding who originally stated "legion of the miserable."

Last edited:
Complaining on VN isn’t going to do squat. Those living closer to Knoxville and the students have to take some action.
This would require an organized traditional media and social media coordinated effort, as we did with opposing Schiano, to be successful.
Organizing in the era of Covid is also not easy.
Not saying it can’t be done but you would need some important allies in Knoxville willing to rock the UTAD boat.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I respectfully disagree. The best thing that could happen is for Pruitt and his band to get their $&@? together and put together a winning season next year(and I don’t mean a 6-5 type of winning season) and beat one of Georgia, Alabama and Florida and at least give the other 2 all they can handle! This administration is not firing Pruitt at this point, imo, and what I just laid out is the best thing we could hope for at this point. With that said, I’m not holding my breath and am not very hopeful or confident in anything Tennessee football right now.
GBO!!
I agree that the best scenario is a complete reversal of the regression in the program. I’m old enough now and a little bit wiser now to understand this staff does not have and will never have the talent to do it. We bought a lemon in 2017. Time to turn it back in. It should be scorched earth policy not only with the football staff but also the AD.

Last edited:
Reactions: cobbwebb0710

VN Store

Back