Game Thread Lady Vols vs. Lipscomb

Right now this is not a Top 25 team.They have a chance to prove they belong in Top 25 in next three games.

I disagree. If the rotation were able to be kept at 7/8 with Walker&KK off the bench and Darby/Salary with very limited minutes then that top 5-7 players are playing top 25 ball easily and could beat a lot of teams. It’s when different players are incorporated into that group where we begin looking scrubbish and out of sorts a bit.

The starting 5 needs more time on the floor to ply together and build that chemistry. Key, just needs to stop fouling and truly get positioning and stop waiting for the ball to fly her way and throw up and ugly shot. I haven’t been one to be hard on Papa Harper but... he needs to show some improvement with these post players and soon.

Dear Coach,

Please stop running them before games.

Sincerely,

Everyone who has paid to watch them play.

It’s still a spectator sport and doing that makes it just plain ugly to watch. That was the problem with our offense. We took a bunch of lazy shots because we were dead tired. Nobody wanted to cut hard because they were exhausted. Offense sells tickets, defense wins games. Better remember what pays your salary....

Last edited:
Makes sense. He’s a jacka** always sticking his foot in his mouth. Last season he told Tamika Catchings on air that she couldn’t guard Kennedy Carter. Catch was bout to lose it. Smoke was coming out them ears and he was stuttering and backing up. 😂
lmfaooooo

Dear Coach,

Sincerely,

It’s still a spectator sport and doing that makes it just plain ugly to watch. That was the problem with our offense. We took a bunch of lazy shots because we were dead tired too. Nobody wanted to cut hard because they were exhausted. Offense sells tickets, defense wins games. Better remember what pays your salary....

I must have missed it. How do you know she ran them today?

lmfaooooo

It was awkward. Idk what he thought her reaction was gonna be but that wasn’t it. She was pissed lol. She couldn’t speak for a good minute and he had to awkwardly move on so she could calm down.

Was totally rude. Catch is a legend and one of the best defenders of all time. She’s also one of the most competitive female athletes I’ve ever watched. She was not about the idea that she couldn’t guard her. Looked like she was about to dress out and shut him up 😂

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I must have missed it. How do you know she ran them today?

She said she was going to in the presser yesterday. She said they weren’t having practice yesterday but she was going to “get their legs moving today.” But she had that look on her face, with a wry smile, where you can tell a coach means “I’m going to run the sh*t out of them.” Had suspected she did that before several other games this season and she confirmed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
It was awkward. Idk what he thought her reaction was gonna be but that wasn’t it. She was pissed lol. She couldn’t speak for a good minute and he had to awkwardly move on so she could calm down.

Was totally rude. Catch is a legend and one of the best defenders of all time. She’s also one of the most competitive female athletes I’ve ever watched. She was not about the idea that she couldn’t guard her. Looked like she was about to dress out and shut him up 😂
she has 5 DPOY trophies at home.......he thinks Chennedy Carter the rookie is unguardable lol man must be delusional🤣🤣🤣

Well, it was fun watching Izzy's sister and Shelly (Sexton) Collier's daughter play against us. Little Casey is as cute as her mama.

Sloppy, sloppy play in second half. The team should use these opportunities to sharpen up for the ranked teams just ahead; instead, we just got casual with the ball again. We still stand too much on offense, don't set and/or use good screens, force passes, don't anticipate the pass, poor outlet passes, throw up off-balance shots, etc. On defense, we play too far off three-point shooters, don't get hands up to prevent entry pass, get beaten on drives.

Disappointed in the poor execution. Hopefully, shorter rotation and the challenge of conference play will sharpen their focus.

Thursday's game will be revealing (hopefully, in a good way).

She said she was going to in the presser yesterday. She said they weren’t having practice yesterday but she was going “get their legs moving today.” But she had that look on her face, with a wry smile, where you can tell a coach means “I’m going to run the sh*t out of them.” Had suspected she did that before several other games this season and she confirmed it.
Coach KH is a mean women😟

She said she was going to in the presser yesterday. She said they weren’t having practice yesterday but she was going to “get their legs moving today.” But she had that look on her face, with a wry smile, where you can tell a coach means “I’m going to run the sh*t out of them.” Had suspected she did that before several other games this season and she confirmed it.
So we really don't know exactly what she means by "get their legs moving". Just a wry smile and your interpretation of that smile?

These are supposed to be elite athletes. They should be able to take a pregame run to get them legs moving.

Dear Coach,

Sincerely,

It’s still a spectator sport and doing that makes it just plain ugly to watch. That was the problem with our offense. We took a bunch of lazy shots because we were dead tired. Nobody wanted to cut hard because they were exhausted. Offense sells tickets, defense wins games. Better remember what pays your salary....

Does she really run them extensively on game days? If so, it's one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard...

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
Does she really run them extensively on game days? If so, it's one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard...

Yes. Only against poor teams like this but I still don’t care for it. Had suspected she was based on a few of the games earlier this season. She confirmed it in the presser yesterday.

Well, it was fun watching Izzy's sister and Shelly (Sexton) Collier's daughter play against us. Little Casey is as cute as her mama.

Sloppy, sloppy play in second half. The team should use these opportunities to sharpen up for the ranked teams just ahead; instead, we just got casual with the ball again. We still stand too much on offense, don't set and/or use good screens, force passes, don't anticipate the pass, poor outlet passes, throw up off-balance shots, etc. On defense, we play too far off three-point shooters, don't get hands up to prevent entry pass, get beaten on drives.

Disappointed in the poor execution. Hopefully, shorter rotation and the challenge of conference play will sharpen their focus.

Thursday's game will be revealing (hopefully, in a good way).
If Casey Collier had more height she would be a force to be reckoned with. Her ball handling skills are very good. I was especially impressed with her ability to dribble the ball with her left hand even though she is dominant right-handed. Her penetrating ability is very good; she's just too small to be effective against the larger players. She definitely plays like her mother did.

We saw in qtr one they had cohesiveness with the starters. I think those 5 Walker, KK, and Salary make the 8 that will play. i don’t think Tess, Rennie, and Saunders see much time. However Saunders is a big body who does position herself well. It’s the mobility piece 😩

Right now, there is not a dominant post...so I would divvy up those minutes until one steps up,,,I grade my posts in a very simple formula,,,1 pt/or/reb per minute,,,eg,,10 min = 4 reb, 6 pts...I have found this to be a very telling stat

So we really don't know exactly what she means by "get their legs moving". Just a wry smile and your interpretation of that smile?

These are supposed to be elite athletes. They should be able to take a pregame run to get them legs moving.

Warming muscles up then cooling them off and then warming them up again is the recipe for injury,,,,why do you think NBA players immediately cover their legs when they sit down,,,baseball pitchers cover their arms,,,not good

VN Store

Back