East Tennessee Weather II

I'd say Kingston will be on the west side of the primary snow bands that, so I'm betting accumulation will be limited. Maybe an inch or less. All depends on where the band sets up, though.
Looks like you were pretty spot on. There’s a half inch, maybe a little more, on the ground. It’s still snowing but tiny flakes and not as hard as earlier so there won’t be much more accumulation, if any.

Looks like you were pretty spot on. There’s a half inch, maybe a little more, on the ground. It’s still snowing but tiny flakes and not as hard as earlier so there won’t be much more accumulation, if any.
Could see some more later on this evening and tonight. There will be some more bands of scattered snow showers throughout tonight and tomorrow morning.

I’m from Johnson City originally but live outside of Asheville now. I went over to visit my folks and I told myself I better leave around 6 PM. Was the craziest mess I’ve ever seen in my life coming over Sam’s gap! Probably at least 100 more cars off either wrecks or in the ditch. And probably 20 semi‘s jackknifed with nowhere to go. I just made it home thank God! Merry Christmas everybody, and be safe out there!

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I’m from Johnson City originally but live outside of Asheville now. I went over to visit my folks and I told myself I better leave around 6 PM. Was the craziest mess I’ve ever seen in my life coming over Sam’s gap! Probably at least 100 more cars off either wrecks or in the ditch. And probably 20 semi‘s jackknifed with nowhere to go. I just made it home thank God! Merry Christmas everybody, and be safe out there!
Glad to hear you made it safe. Merry Christmas to you as well

My family back home in Monroe County said they got about 4 inches. Couple miles from our property up on the Cherohala Skyway got a bit more they said.

Reactions: hUTch2002
Was hopeful for the next storm but looking like a cold rain event. That’s just local news models/forecast. What do you guys think? What’s January looking like?

Was hopeful for the next storm but looking like a cold rain event. That’s just local news models/forecast. What do you guys think? What’s January looking like?

This weekend system is a cutter, which usually means all rain for us. The big story is the potential for isolated flooding, especially across southeast TN and the plateau.

VN Store

Back