Rennia Davis SEC Player of the week

I love Davis but if she had the aggressive mind set of Candace Parker or Tamika Catchings we would definitely be one of the top three teams in the SEC. She is a talented and solid player that is very passive most of the game. Most of the time she plays a great game but I always get the feeling that she could do so much more. Maybe she can't and that is just me. I still would like to see her play more like the fourth quarter at Indiana and take charge of the team.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I love Davis but if she had the aggressive mind set of Candace Parker or Tamika Catchings we would definitely be one of the top three teams in the SEC. She is a talented and solid player that is very passive most of the game. Most of the time she plays a great game but I always get the feeling that she could do so much more. Maybe she can't and that is just me. I still would like to see her play more like the fourth quarter at Indiana and take charge of the team.

I don’t stand for the Rennia hate. I feel like she gets this label because she makes it look easy a lot of the time. She’s not as emotional and vocal as Catch or Candace but as far as basketball goes she’s right there. Next double double and she’ll tie Catch all time. She’s an excellent player with her own personality. Her name will be stamped in the LV record books forever. Had she been here at a different time, and had Pat stayed healthy, I truly believe she would have won a championship.

She is a LVFL who has been a victim of time and circumstance in the program. I’m so proud she stuck it out.

Last edited:

I watched Rutgers vs Maryland and Guirantes hunts for shots. When she gets the ball she’s looking to score nearly every time. I wish Davis had that type of scoring mindset but I just don’t think that’s who she is...in college. I have the feeling that when a WNBA coach gets her she’ll become much more aggressive.

To me, hunting for shots doesn't necessarily mean creating shots or looking for openings with the ball in your hands. it's also (maybe more so) achieving spacing, using screens, cutting to open lanes, getting open, posting up, calling for the ball, etc. It's constantly putting yourself in a position to score at all times when on offense.

And putting yourself in the best position and in your favorite spots to score.

VN Store

Back