Basketball Anybody???

#7 WVU @ #3 Kansas should be a good one.

Gonzaga plays Northwestern State again tonight. It's odd to see two teams play back-to-back games like this.

nw played it a little closer tuesday
hope nw wiill gain fom such a strange move,

Reactions: ArdentVol
Davidson has a really good program though. They are solid every season. Bob McKillop is a great coach.

peopl;e tend to forget that lefty driesell made wildcats into national power in 60s. hit a lull until mckillop arrived and had potenntial to be major tourney player for 2020 until loss of 2 starters (injury and loss of frampton -- to wky). surprised to see earlier this week that lunardi moved Cats to a 12 seed) for 2021.

mckillop has HOF statue

peopl;e tend to forget that lefty driesell made wildcats into national power in 60s. hit a lull until mckillop arrived and had potenntial to be major tourney player for 2020 until loss of 2 starters (injury and loss of frampton -- to wky). surprised to see earlier this week that lunardi moved Cats to a 12 seed) for 2021.

mckillop has HOF statue
I had forgotten Lefty was there. He was a little before my time though. Davidson always seems to be a tournament team and one that no one wants to play. It’s amazing the run that Steph took them on some years ago. Who would’ve ever thought he would’ve blown up like he did?

Were you a media member in the Triangle?

I had forgotten Lefty was there. He was a little before my time though. Davidson always seems to be a tournament team and one that no one wants to play. It’s amazing the run that Steph took them on some years ago. Who would’ve ever thought he would’ve blown up like he did?

Were you a media member in the Triangle?
yes

Cool. I know a couple of the old Durham Herald Sun guys. I used to see Frank Dascenzo at a Duke bar on Main St back in the day and always had interesting conversations about Duke basketball and even Tennessee Football. He asked me what the hell we were thinking hiring Butch. He gets pretty fired up.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Cool. I know a couple of the old Durham Herald Sun guys. I used to see Frank Dascenzo at a Duke bar on Main St back in the day and always had interesting conversations about Duke basketball and even Tennessee Football. He asked me what the hell we were thinking hiring Butch. He gets pretty fired up.
frank was a vol fan.
curious what happened to him.
will be online again in a couple of hours

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Ok. It’s just Terry telling a particularly legendary story about a night at Ardent in the 60’s. Don’t want to spoil the rest.

Thank you friend.
Just curious -- did you attend concerts in levitt shell for Alex and later for Hampton an Fry
Excellent lineup for first
saw Tora Tora for first time at the other, followed by Gin Blossoms and closing w/ Posies

frank was a vol fan.
curious what happened to him.
will be online again in a couple of hours

went to work for Durham Morning Herald starting the day the Heels were stepped on by Wally Walker and Wahoos. Last game as a sportswriter was 82 ACC finals between Heels and UVa.

Was the Herald Sun's golf editor during that span and then worked on the news side until spring of 84. Almost came back to to Triangle for mid-management position at MH..

Lucky I didnt. Herald-Sun companies were sold to a chain, and many of the people I knew lost their jobs. Seems like new owners kept many of the Sun employees.

It was really a great place to live

Thank you friend.
Just curious -- did you attend concerts in levitt shell for Alex and later for Hampton an Fry
Excellent lineup for first
saw Tora Tora for first time at the other, followed by Gin Blossoms and closing w/ Posies
I didn’t go to those shows. I lived in NYC at the time. We’re you able to see Terry’s post?

my mistake, went to ardent FB Page, not Terry's

got message from ken stringfellow in middle of night that it was a fun read

VN Store

Back