Vols out of Liberty Bowl due to Covid

I have tried all day with Ticketmaster to get a refund but they will not give me a refund because the whole event has not been cancelled the bowl got Army to take our spot

I guess I am lucky that I went through the Liberty Bowl ticket office. The refunded my money with no issues.

Sorry you got stuck. Hopefully, you can sell them off to a WV or Army fan.

I agree they deserved a bowl. But they played a very, very weak schedule. It wasn't their fault since they couldn't schedule any P5 teams. But 3 FCS teams and the best team they played was Cincy, who they lost to. They were supposed to play BYU but it got canceled.
Yes but you also have to remember they have a disadvantage against every team they play regardless. Those military academies still have to adhere to military weight snd height standards and they are normally outsized at every position. Even though they had a week schedule they still have to worry about things than other schools don’t. Also talking about weak schedule let’s talk about OSU and how they played not a great schedule and only 6 games but yet still getting in over teams like Cincy, and Texas A&M that deserve it more. The Big1 changed there own rules to benefit 1 school and 1 school so they would be eligible to play in conferences champ game and playoffs. Big10 set rules in place at the beginning of the year saying eve try team must play 6 games to be eligible for Championship Game. Well OSU did not play 6 they played 5. So the Big10 changed the rules to benefit them. Do you think if it was a team that was 4-1 or 3-1 they would have changed the rules or if it was any other team that OSU they would have? I don’t.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Thank God!!! Army earned it, we didn't. Spared us more shame and embarrassment. Announcers would have spent the game talking about how pathetic it was for a 3-7 has-been getting the game over 9-2 Army. Go Army, beat Mountaineers!

At least we are a basketball school!!! Volts 102 - Saint Joseph 66. GBO!

Reactions: FlVols
Just one day after accepting a bowl bid...

I guess good that we won’t lose 8 games now.

I'm glad Army got it, they deserved it and more.

Everything just really feels strange and it seems that something is up, even the SEC network said that there are some game of thrones type issue going on behind the curtain and I don't think this has all played out quite yet and this is just another domino.

Reactions: JBVolunteer
Thank God!!! Army earned it, we didn't. Spared us more shame and embarrassment. Announcers would have spent the game talking about how pathetic it was for a 3-7 has-been getting the game over 9-2 Army. Go Army, beat Mountaineers!

At least we are a basketball school!!! Volts 102 - Saint Joseph 66. GBO!
so South Carolina - Arkansas - Kentucky - Miss St all earned it too ?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I guess I am lucky that I went through the Liberty Bowl ticket office. The refunded my money with no issues.

Sorry you got stuck. Hopefully, you can sell them off to a WV or Army fan.
We went through Ticketmaster as well. When we asked for a refund, Ticketmaster put the blame on the Liberty Bowl. Did you call the (901) number on the website when you originally purchased tickets?

Disaster ending to a disaster season.

If Fulmer is really gonna keep Pruitt, they need to right the ship ASAP - starting with bringing in a few coaches who actually know how to coach.

Looking at you, Weinke and Friend. Door's right over there...

Admin likely didn't want to wait until after the bowl game to can his butt so they used the covid out option/excuse.

We went through Ticketmaster as well. When we asked for a refund, Ticketmaster put the blame on the Liberty Bowl. Did you call the (901) number on the website when you originally purchased tickets?

Yes, I did. Better seats were available through the ticket office as well.

I'm sorry that anyone on our team got COVID and hope all have a speedy recovery with no lingering side effects. The Florida basketball player comes to mind, gets induced into a coma after collapsing on the court after not having COVID since August. So any of you making jokes about it or not believing in it, need to do some soul searching. I've known two people to die from it who did not have any other medical issues.

All that being said, I am glad we aren't playing in a bowl game. We didn't deserve one. The extra practices would be nice, as would the seniors getting a final game, but it's my opinion that you earn that spot, it's not given to you bc you have a strong fan base who will travel well.

VN Store

Back