R.I.P. Tennessee Football 1891-2020

This board represents a small minority of superfans. Neyland is filled with average fans on Saturdays. The stadium will be full like it always is.
The numbers were already way down in 2018. We had like 70k in attendance for the Mizzu game that was for a bowl bid. Then we have a season like this in 2020 and you think 2021 we’re gonna magically go back to filling Neyland? If Pruitt is somehow still the head coach next year we are gonna see Neyland at half capacity.

This board represents a small minority of superfans. Neyland is filled with average fans on Saturdays. The stadium will be full like it always is.
Uh it emptied end of Dooley and Butch. It will begin next year light and after first loss we will seat 50-60k per game which is unheard of. Your statement is entirely erroneous.

You are wrong. The average TN fan is hard working and appreciates effort and a well played game. I don’t think they will support or tolerate the type of football being served over the last decade. UT football is losing it’s identity with the average fan. Incompetence and neglect, poor coaching and effort by both coaches and players alike while making millions of dollars. I wonder if you know how UT football is viewed by other fan bases. We are a joke or worse, we invoke sympathy. The vultures have about cleaned the carcass.

Filled like 2018 Missouri when they had an announced attendance of 88,000 but really never had more than about 65,000?

2018missouri.png

Call me crazy but that looks like 88,000.

2001 I think. SEC championship loss to LSU.

This. I've said in hindsight UT's time as a nationally relevant program (as in NC contenders) ended the second half of the 2001 SEC Champioship. Which really sucks because the week before it felt like we established that we would be there a long time.

That was the day Tennessee Football died. Up 20-10 at half and knocked out LSU QB Rohan Davey and RB LaBrandon Toefield. Couldn’t stop Matt Mauck and the QB draw. End of a Dynasty and death of a program! All under Phil Fulmer.
We had won decisively against LSU earlier in the season. What a gut punch that day. The most frustrating loss I remember as a UT fan.

Edit: We still had that game won until Travis Stephens was stripped from behind on a long run (30+) that would of sealed the victory.

That was the day Tennessee Football died. Up 20-10 at half and knocked out LSU QB Rohan Davey and RB LaBrandon Toefield. Couldn’t stop Matt Mauck and the QB draw. End of a Dynasty and death of a program! All under Phil Fulmer.

It was 17-10 at the half. Not that it matters that much, we ended up only scoring 20.

I see the Fan Purity Brigade is re emerging.

Next up - “I support the coach no matter what” contingent.

I figured they would rally after 24-36 hours.....

Not that I actually believe in curses or anything like that, but I remember the week before after the Florida win some of the Vol players had roses. I remember not liking that and the guys I was watching the game with all were like "Man.....don't do that."

Not that I actually believe in curses or anything like that, but I remember the week before after the Florida win some of the Vol players had roses. I remember not liking that and the guys I was watching the game with all were like "Man.....don't do that."

Those roses were in the seats at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, anticipating a Gator victory.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
We had won decisively against LSU earlier in the season. What a gut punch that day. The most frustrating loss I remember as a UT fan.

Edit: We still had that game won until Travis Stephens was stripped from behind on a long run (30+) that would of sealed the victory.

I've tried watching the game on YouTube and I always stop when the game momentum starts turning. After the Avengers movies I start to wonder if there is a universe out there where we won that game and upset Miami and we became the Alabama of that reality.

Either I'm having deja vu or posts like this pop up every few years like clockwork. Go back to sleep, the stadium hasn't been signed over to the soccer team yet.

Reactions: kcvols1
I sit beside a nice gentleman in his mid 70s every game. He says he surprised when it’s not packed. I’m thinking “what part of this **** show are you missing?” I don’t have the nerve to explain to him people today forget what happened 20 years ago.

He sounds like a swell guy.

VN Store

Back