Reality of our Players

tabrams

Supportin' the Cause
The reason we are getting beaten down is Bc we don’t hv a lot of talent. The only way to overcome that is to recruit better and coach to the max.

Last year we had better coaching, more overall
Effort, and were able to barely squeak out those wins over bad teams.

This year our coaches weren’t as good (I.e. Rocker gone), QB play was abysmal (JG), and our defense got considerable worse after losing a few key seniors (bituli, Warrior, etc.).

So yea we need some better position coaches in some areas for sure... no doubt....

But how many NFL drafted players hv we had in the past 2-3 years? How many seniors will get drafted?

I think most of these sr players should come back if trying to improve to get a shot at the NFL bc they’re not ready.

Most of our best players either cannot make an NFL roster or can just barely make a practice squad. And Butch didn’t hv nearly the talent In 2015 or 2016 that I keep hearing about. Yea he had several studs but had overall terrible lines on both sides of the ball, and nothing for depth... so basically just a house of cards....

Pruitt is building the right culture and building depth.. but he needs assistants that can both coach and recruit, not just one or the other, Bc we are still severely lacking in talent.....

Pruitt needs 2-3 more top 10 classes to get us back to winning... anyone can coach top talent... anybody....

The hard part is recruiting the talent when you’ve been losing for a long time...I think the assistants and coordinators are actually much more important than the head coach....

If the offense is bad fire 🔥 the O coaches... if defense is bad fire 🔥 the D coaches! But if we get enough good players recruited then we are going to start winning again.... and I think that’s what the “mom’s basement insiders” are missing here completely lol....

Last edited:
The reason we are getting beaten down is Bc we don’t hv a lot of talent. The only way to overcome that is to recruit better and coach to the max.

Effort, and are able to barely squeak out those wins over bad teams.

This year our coaches weren’t as good (I.e. Rocker gone), QB play was abysmal (JG), and our defense got considerable worse after losing a few key seniors (bituli, Warrior, etc.).

So yea we need some better position coaches in some areas for sure... no doubt....

But how many NFL drafted players hv we had in the past 2-3 years? How many seniors will get drafted?

I think most of these sr players should come back if trying to improve to get a shot at the NFL bc they’re not ready.

Most of our best players either cannot make an NFL roster or can just barely make one. And Butch didn’t hv nearly the talent In 2015 or 2016 tgat I keep hearing about. Yea he had several studs but had overall terrible lines on both sides of tge ball, and nothing for depth... so basically just a house of cards....

Pruitt is building tge right culture and building depth.. but he needs assistants tgat can both coach and recruit, not just one or the other, Bc we are still severely lacking on talent.....

Pruitt needs 2-3 more top 10 classes to get us back to winning... anyone can coach top talent... anybody....

The hard part is recruiting the talent when you’ve been losing for a long time...I think the assistants d as bad coordinators are much more important than the head coach....

If the offense is bad fire 🔥 tge O coaches... if defense is bad fire 🔥 the D coaches! But if we get enough good players recruited then we are going to start winning again.... and I think that’s what app the “mom’ basement insiders” are missing here completely lol....
Our recruiting rankings would not affirm this. Our Oline ranking should have produced one of the best lines in UT history.

We have multiple four star QBs. The biggest talent deficiency is at TE and LB. I think we have good young talent at LB, but it didn’t get on the field much. We had 4 star Dlinemen all over the place.

This staff got nothing out of its talent. They had a bad your in S&C and even worse on teaching position basics.

Pruitt is the issue. We will not be competitive as long as hes our HC. You have to be blind not to see that.

Bc we hv so much talent right? Butch destroyed the roster.... he was 0-8 in the SEC his last year... There’s a reason why few good coaches wanted this job.... the roster was complete garbage!

Most of our best players either cannot make an NFL roster or can just barely make a practice squad. And Butch didn’t hv nearly the talent In 2015 or 2016 that I keep hearing about. Yea he had several studs but had overall terrible lines on both sides of the ball, and nothing for depth... so basically just a house of cards....

Pruitt is building the right culture and building depth.. but he needs assistants that can both coach and recruit, not just one or the other, Bc we are still severely lacking in talent.....

The hard part is recruiting the talent when you’ve been losing for a long time...I think the assistants and coordinators are actually much more important than the head coach....

If the offense is bad fire 🔥 the O coaches... if defense is bad fire 🔥 the D coaches! But if we get enough good players recruited then we are going to start winning again.... and I think that’s what the “mom’s basement insiders” are missing here completely lol....
How about we fire the man in charge of all of it?

Bc we hv so much talent right? Butch destroyed the roster.... he was 0-8 in the SEC his last year... There’s a reason why few good coaches wanted this job.... the roster was complete garbage!
We are 3-7 in year 3 and we've been curbstomped all season long. It's year Freaking 3 and we look the worst I've ever seen. Pruitt is not the answer that's more than obvious.

Our recruiting rankings would not affirm this. Our Oline ranking should have produced one of the best lines in UT history.

We have multiple four star QBs. The biggest talent deficiency is at TE and LB. I think we have good young talent at LB, but it didn’t get on the field much. We had 4 star Dlinemen all over the place.

This staff got nothing out of its talent. They had a bad your in S&C and even worse on teaching position basics.

On paper it all shld be so great... but we had. Bad QB, bad WRs, bad TEs, and one good small RB... even with a decent to good oline (and they aren’t good), you can’t play modern football like that...

Look at Florida for example... yea they lack RBs and maybe an average Oline... but awesome QB, incredible WR (Toney), incredible TE (Pittnan), and they are almost unstoppable....

We just don’t hv that kind of talent and experience yet... going to take. Few years imo

Reactions: lefthander

I agree we lack elite talent but should not lose to LU or Arkansas.

Also, Pruitt’s players should be playing by now. There are frosh and sophomores that played this ur, including Qb.

Also, how will get top ten classes when the recruits go to Clemson, etc.?

When you have a head coach that can only “develop” a headache, then he gets “pissed” about it, you don’t have a HC.
It’s time for this poser to hit the road........

You’ve got some good points , realistically even if he gets the “talent” he’s a bad coach and bad developer. So let’s say he finishes 8th in recruiting next year and we give him another and he finishes 7th we still have players that are not as good as Al,Ga,Fla, A & m, LSU and we don’t have the coaching so at some point you have to have the competitive advantage where is ours ? It’s not from coaching and the talent is more rampant on the other teams and in spots on ours

Amen! Preach! For the OP, how does your assertion hold up to the Kentucky and Arkansas debacles? Are you claiming that we were somehow less talented than Kentucky or Arkansas?
If not, what would be your rationale for those two particular clown shows?

You’ve got some good points , realistically even if he gets the “talent” he’s a bad coach and bad developer. So let’s say he finishes 8th in recruiting next year and we give him another and he finishes 7th we still have players that are not as good as Al,Ga,Fla, A & m, LSU and we don’t have the coaching so at some point you have to have the competitive advantage where is ours ? It’s not from coaching and the talent is more rampant on the other teams and in spots on ours

I just don’t see how we can catch up to them talent-wise unless we hv a better strategy... I think Chaney/ Weinke/ Friend needs to hit the road... all 3 cannot remain at TN....

Other than that we need to recruit much better....
It’s hard for fans to know who the best players will be when they’re being recruited......

Fulmer had Tajd Boyd and Bryce Petty both committed when He was fired smh.... I think Pruitt has totally loaded this class with stud RBs but we’ll see next year...

But if you don’t hv the players you aren’t going to win..... I mean Belicheck looked like a genius with Tom Brady and a loaded team.... look at Belichek now 😂

Reactions: knox73
On paper it all shld be so great... but we had. Bad QB, bad WRs, bad TEs, and one good small RB... even with a decent to good oline (and they aren’t good), you can’t play modern football like that...

Look at Florida for example... yea they lack RBs and maybe an average Oline... but awesome QB, incredible WR (Toney), incredible TE (Pittnan), and they are almost unstoppable....

We just don’t hv that kind of talent and experience yet... going to take. Few years imo

You could let Pruitt and Mullen switch rosters...and Mullen would still win. Pruitt is totally incapable.

I just don’t see how we can catch up to them talent-wise unless we hv a better strategy... I think Chaney/ Weinke/ Friend needs to hit the road... all 3 cannot remain at TN....

Other than that we need to recruit much better....
It’s hard for fans to know who the best players will be when they’re being recruited......

Fulmer had Tajd Boyd and Bryce Petty both committed when He was fired smh.... I think Pruitt has totally loaded this class with stud RBs but we’ll see next year...

But if you don’t hv the players you aren’t going to win..... I mean Belicheck liked like a genius with Tom Brady and a loaded team.... look at Belichek now 😂
Nah he def has RB room is full I just don’t know if he can put aside his stubbornness and let an OC use them , also he has had no fight this year , last year he was energetic now it’s just silence idk what’s happened to him

Amen! Preach! For the OP, how does your assertion hold up to the Kentucky and Arkansas debacles? Are you claiming that we were somehow less talented than Kentucky or Arkansas?
If not, what would be your rationale for those two particular clown shows?

KY was largely lost by poor QB play... 2 pick 6’s
another pick in our territory...
Hard to win like that..

Arkansas was weird... I think that something weird wax going on after halftime this year... I really think it was largely due to fitness and strength and conditioning....

I think we need to hire a top stength coach too...

The biggest problem I can see is player development. I think we all had very high expectations for the OL this year (perhaps top 2-3 in the SEC?), and we see how that panned out. 10 games in and we are still trying to evaluate our QBs?

It's year three, and we've had some pretty darn good classes, yet I think the gap between us and our rivals may have actually widened. The buck has to stop somewhere....

KY was largely lost by poor QB play... 2 pick 6’s
another pick in our territory...
Hard to win like that..

Arkansas was weird... I think that something weird wax going on after halftime this year... I really think it was largely due to fitness and strength and conditioning....

I think we need to hire a top stength coach too...
There’s always something going on at halftime with this team. We literally get curb stomped every game in the second half! Why is that? You got Pruitt thinking about Nanas cornbread instead of making adjustments! FYI he’s the one who kept deciding to trout of Guarnturnover out there!

Reactions: dduncan4163

VN Store

Back