Now that it’s over, who did Florida beat

Yep, complete idiot. Maybe Florida should fire him and hire someone who knows what he’s doing?

You’re in denial. You’ll learn next. The lesson was force fed to Georgia fans this year. See ya in the Swamp before you know it. Aren’t you the same know-it-all who was arguing with me last year that UF didn’t have any WR’s? I think so. Well, since then, 4 of UF’s guys are on NFL rosters with Toney, Pitts and Grimes sure to be drafted this year. So that’ll be 7 from the roster you told me was trash.

And you’re calling Mullen an idiot?
Lol, Georgia was missing half their team when they played y'all. You missed your shot, accept it.

Reactions: Naitch
Lol, Georgia was missing half their team when they played y'all. You missed your shot, accept it.

Lol, Florida had starters out too. Lol, Kyle Pitts only played a little over a quarter. Lol, Jeremiah Moon was hurt. Lol, starting o-lineman Ethan White was hurt and didn’t play, Stewart Reese was hurt. Lol, Georgia is having the most difficult of times taking that blowout “L.” Lol, 44-28 and it wasn’t that close. Lol, SEC East champs. Lol.

P.S. Lol

Lol, Florida had starters out too. Lol, Kyle Pitts only played a little over a quarter. Lol, Jeremiah Moon was hurt. Lol, starting o-lineman Ethan White was hurt and didn’t play, Stewart Reese was hurt. Lol, Georgia is having the most difficult of times taking that blowout “L.” Lol, 44-28 and it wasn’t that close. Lol, SEC East champs. Lol.

P.S. Lol
So if you guys played UGA with your 3rd string quarterback who got hurt mid game and gave way to the 4th string quarterback, you don't think that would make a difference? Notre Dame might disagree with you on that this AM. Then throw in the fact that UGA had 3 other players that consistently made preseason all-conference teams George Pickens, the safety LeCounte and the nosetackle Davis, none of them played against Florida. If you guys played them again it'd probably go alot like Clemson-Notre Dame II.

That has nothing to do with the principle.

No, you said:
I'm trying to imagine the outrage here if UT was in UF's position and a UF fan came in and suggested UT really wasn't that good and didn't beat anyone.

In your hypothetical:
1. UT is in UF's position and
2. A UF fan came on here (a UT board) and said we weren't that good.

Well, #2 is certainly not the case we are on our board talking and it's Gator fans over here on our board, we are not going over to a Florida board and telling them on their board that they are not any good. Rather, it is Jaws who is always over here gloating and talking smack, it's our board we are free to talk it back.

Reactions: wmcovol and Naitch
So if you guys played UGA with your 3rd string quarterback who got hurt mid game and gave way to the 4th string quarterback, you don't think that would make a difference? Notre Dame might disagree with you on that this AM. Then throw in the fact that UGA had 3 other players that consistently made preseason all-conference teams George Pickens, the safety LeCounte and the nosetackle Davis, none of them played against Florida. If you guys played them again it'd probably go alot like Clemson-Notre Dame II.

Wait, Georgia fans loved that little midget, fairy tale story, QB Stetson Bennett for the first several games he played. He was a “gamer,” and “gritty” and had “sneaky good athleticism and arm strength.” They also loved him when he got Georgia up 14-0 vs UF. They only started hating him after UF smacked him all over the field and cracked his shoulder. That’s also when they conveniently switched from “he’s sneaky good” to “he’s our 3rd string QB!!” It’s Georgia’s fault they can’t keep a good QB and it’s Georgia’s fault they can’t get depth at the most important position on the field. Blame Kirby, not Florida. I realize Florida is Georgia’s Super Bowl every year but they really have to get over this loss. We’ve moved past that game as an easy win, but Georgia fans just can’t let it go. Florida scored 46 on Bama LAST NIGHT and you come here talking about Georgia blowing UF out if they played now. Stop. Oh, and I hope you don’t think JT Daniels is the answer. Let me help you out, he’s not. There’s a new King of the East. Settle in, it’s gonna be that way for a while.

Wait, Georgia fans loved that little midget, fairy tale story, QB Stetson Bennett for the first several games he played. He was a “gamer,” and “gritty” and had “sneaky good athleticism and arm strength.” They also loved him when he got Georgia up 14-0 vs UF. They only started hating him after UF smacked him all over the field and cracked his shoulder. That’s also when they conveniently switched from “he’s sneaky good” to “he’s our 3rd string QB!!” It’s Georgia’s fault they can’t keep a good QB and it’s Georgia’s fault they can’t get depth at the most important position on the field. Blame Kirby, not Florida. I realize Florida is Georgia’s Super Bowl every year but they really have to get over this loss. We’ve moved past that game as an easy win, but Georgia fans just can’t let it go. Florida scored 46 on Bama LAST NIGHT and you come here talking about Georgia blowing UF out. Stop. Oh, and I hope you don’t think JT Daniels is the answer. Let me help you out, he’s not. There’s a new King of the East. Settle in, it’s gonna be that way for a while.
No, I live in Georgia they hated him after the Alabama game and after they scored 14 against Kentucky, so they had been hating him about a month going into the Florida game, and most thought they would lose because of him, though actually I think they were still leading when he got hurt on that sick play where their receiver broke his leg. Anywho that game last night was never in doubt, Alabama's chance of winning never dropped below 75%, it's cute that you get so fired up about it, you have the enthusiasm of a 15 year old.

No, I live in Georgia they hated him after the Alabama game and after they scored 14 against Kentucky, so they had been hating him about a month going into the Florida game, and most thought they would lose because of him, though actually I think they were still leading when he got hurt on that sick play where their receiver broke his leg. Anywho that game last night was never in doubt, Alabama's chance of winning never dropped below 75%, it's cute that you get so fired up about it, you have the enthusiasm of a 15 year old.

6 points. And Florida needed about 45 more seconds and would have likely won (admittedly self inflicted that they didn’t have more time). So spin that as “never in doubt” if you wish but most honest observers know better. Nick Saban himself called it “a dog fight.”

Tell your Georgia friends we can’t do this all offseason, this “we lost because of injury” stuff. Kirby supposedly is the best recruiter ever yet apparently has crappy depth. Can’t have it both ways. Take the loss.

6 points. And Florida needed about 45 more seconds and would have likely won (admittedly self inflicted that they didn’t have more time). So spin that as “never in doubt” if you wish but most honest observers know better. Nick Saban himself called it “a dog fight.”

Tell your Georgia friends we can’t do this all offseason, this “we lost because of injury” stuff. Kirby supposedly is the best recruiter ever yet apparently has crappy depth. Can’t have it both ways. Take the loss.
It's not me, the 75% was ESPN's game predictor, so pretty objective. Saban is always very gracious to the losers, he was always very complimentary of Dooley.

It's not me, the 75% was ESPN's game predictor, so pretty objective. Saban is always very gracious to the losers, he was always very complimentary of Dooley.

Alright man, we’ve gone from the game was “never in doubt” in a game that had a late third quarter score of 35-31, fourth quarter score of 45-38 and a game-ending score of 52-46, to Saban is gracious and thought Dooley was swell. Some of y’all have zero ability to be objective about games involving rivals because you can’t see through your hate.

If this helps, we can move on; Tell your Georgia friends I said we’re very sorry for beating up on the midget QB, and very sorry for forcing Kirby to play a completely unprepared (although apparently very highly recruited per Uga fans) Dwan Mathis, and we’re sorry for running up nearly 600 yards of offense on Georgia’s poor, poor, beleaguered, injured, pathetic defense. We’re sorry, so sorry. In fact, tell them that Florida’s win doesn’t really count in that game. Georgia really won. Or would have. Or should have.

Keep telling yourself Mullen and Florida aren’t on the cusp of greatness again. I know it makes you feel better. Everyone in America knows with one more minute, Florida was scoring on that last drive to beat Alabama.

Need to go win the bowl game and then have a tremendous spring and summer, they’ll be back in the conversation next year too.
I don't disagree with this at all. I turned the Bama game off at halftime when it seemed like they were scoring every drive. Friend texted me and said Florida making a good push so I turned it back on. As UT fans, we are quite used to a team getting left in the dust after the half. UF didn't win, but they were carving up a Bama defense pretty good. To say the program is a pretender under Mullen is ludacris. His track record of developing QB talent can't be denied. And.. about the LL to spell Mullen... If that dude hadn't thrown that shoe, they would be spelling Mullen with 1 L (reg season). LSU got the breaks against Florida we only dream of. Gafney still laughing at us.

Florida is for real.. We are jealous. That's reality.

The fact that UF played them as great as they did says a lot. Without superior talent I don’t think Bama wins that game. UF, comparatively speaking, brought a knife to a gun fight and took Bama to the wire.

With equal talent I would take Mullen all day over Saban, based on that game.

Reactions: Credo
Nice strawman.

Nice projection.

Even nicer strawman.

You're f***ing right I am. Calling a timeout in that situation was remedial football level stupid. Going for two was not a bad call, but time mattered infinitely more than one more point. If he couldn't get a two point play in without burning his second timeout, then he should have just kicked the extra point. The odds were against UF either way. Wasting that timeout made them nonexistent.

The fact it was even still a game at that point given the rosters of each team is a testament to how well Mullen coached that game. This is like making a 99% on a final and then calling someone stupid for missing one question. I don’t care how remedial the question was, Mullen was not an idiot.

Congrats on another SECC and probable NC with another NFL roster.

This is like making a 99% on a final and then calling someone stupid for missing one question.

No, it's more like getting 99% of the questions right, and then botching the final question: "50% of your final grade depends on this question: How do you spell 'cat'?"

This was not failing to diagnose a defensive package. This was not an unnecessary substitution. Heck, this wasn't even a bad decision to go for two. There all kinds of decisions that work out or don't that can only be judged with the gift of hindsight. Aiming the onside kick directly at Devonta Smith would be a real world example.

This didn't need hindsight. The moment he called that timeout, he'd made a boneheaded decision and that's besides the fact that it is insane that he didn't have a short list of plays ready to go in that situation. It didn't matter if the two point play succeeded. His team needed a chance to get the ball back with time. He made sure that didn't happen.

No, it's more like getting 99% of the questions right, and then botching the final question: "50% of your final grade depends on this question: How do you spell 'cat'?"

This was not failing to diagnose a defensive package. This was not an unnecessary substitution. Heck, this wasn't even a bad decision to go for two. There all kinds of decisions that work out or don't that can only be judged with the gift of hindsight. Aiming the onside kick directly at Devonta Smith would be a real world example.

This didn't need hindsight. The moment he called that timeout, he'd made a boneheaded decision and that's besides the fact that it is insane that he didn't have a short list of plays ready to go in that situation. It didn't matter if the two point play succeeded. His team needed a chance to get the ball back with time. He made sure that didn't happen.

You are completely discounting the chance UF had even coming into that game, which was zero. The simple truth here is Mullen had UF in a position to win after almost 4 complete quarters against another team with a roster that isn’t even comparable and because of one decision that doesn’t make sense you are calling him an idiot. One decision is not 50%. I’m sorry, it just isn’t and that is a moronic way to look at that.

Call that decision idiotic, ok. But Mullen was far from it. Trade rosters and Saban doesn’t come close to winning that game.

Alright man, we’ve gone from the game was “never in doubt” in a game that had a late third quarter score of 35-31, fourth quarter score of 45-38 and a game-ending score of 52-46, to Saban is gracious and thought Dooley was swell. Some of y’all have zero ability to be objective about games involving rivals because you can’t see through your hate.

If this helps, we can move on; Tell your Georgia friends I said we’re very sorry for beating up on the midget QB, and very sorry for forcing Kirby to play a completely unprepared (although apparently very highly recruited per Uga fans) Dwan Mathis, and we’re sorry for running up nearly 600 yards of offense on Georgia’s poor, poor, beleaguered, injured, pathetic defense. We’re sorry, so sorry. In fact, tell them that Florida’s win doesn’t really count in that game. Georgia really won. Or would have. Or should have.
Again, ESPN's computerized game predictor, NEVER dipped below a 75% chance that Bama would win, AT ANY POINT during the game. I guess it's biased against you, the computer. I just bring up UGA because it stings you so.

Again, ESPN's computerized game predictor, NEVER dipped below a 75% chance that Bama would win, AT ANY POINT during the game. I guess it's biased against you, the computer. I just bring up UGA because it stings you so.

Now I've seen it all, a Vols fan using ESPN to argue their point.

That was real good? Nobody

Georgia, who had a holder playing QB, was about the only decent team they beat. I doubt they that game now. The other wins weren’t any more impressive as Pruitts 8 game winning streak vs a bunch of stiffs.

They got beat by 2 best teams in the league & somehow lost to a decimated LSU. You spell Mullen with at least 2 LLs
And that is what kept A&M out of the playoffs. Aggys signature win lost a lot of it's luster.

Fact is that teams like Florida, Texas A & M, and Ohio State, have solid talent, but its uneven. There are weak spots for all those teams' rosters, whereas Alabama and Clemson have so much talent and depth that any weak spots they have they more than make up for everywhere else. And so for the moment the UF's, tOSU's, etc. are still knocking on the door to be at the same level as Alabama and Clemson, and so far are falling short.

As others have said, its going to take retirement of Dabo or Saban to make any long term difference. Until then, UF and the others are fighting for the right to lose to those two in the semifinals (or in the case of UF to lose to Alabama in the conference championship). Just too great a talent difference to overcome.

Reactions: Jaws
A football game and even an entire seasons success can boil down to a handful of plays. For the gators the end of the LSU game cost them big. The shoe launched by Marco Wilson was wide right while Cade York's 57 yard field goal a few plays later split the uprights. Who knows with that extra motivation of a potential CFP bid the Championship game against bama could have been different.

Lack of discipline kills potential every time.

Reactions: GoVols15
Fact is that teams like Florida, Texas A & M, and Ohio State, have solid talent, but its uneven. There are weak spots for all those teams' rosters, whereas Alabama and Clemson have so much talent and depth that any weak spots they have they more than make up for everywhere else. And so for the moment the UF's, tOSU's, etc. are still knocking on the door to be at the same level as Alabama and Clemson, and so far are falling short.

As others have said, its going to take retirement of Dabo or Saban to make any long term difference. Until then, UF and the others are fighting for the right to lose to those two in the semifinals (or in the case of UF to lose to Alabama in the conference championship). Just too great a talent difference to overcome.

Agree. Step one for UF is to somehow try to slow down the amount of talent leaving the state of Florida for Bama, Clemson, Ohio State and others. Yes, Florida gets their share, but they lose about 10 kids a year who are insanely talented, and end up as All-Americans elsewhere. Although I know times have changed, and people nowadays are much more at ease with travel and moving away from home, but Spurrier and Meyer were getting these Florida kids.

Something else to think about. If Florida had beaten LSU, the same point would be/could be raised.

So, the question that also potentially should be asked is.....is the SEC overrated?

Florida would be 9-1 (9-2 after title game) and the question would be who did they beat. And A&M it would be who did they beat (Florida, who beat no one).

So, if teams can play an all-conference schedule and beat "no one", what does it say about the league?
Good point, gators have proved to be much better and headed in a good direction with Mullen. All signs point towards that. Mullen has also dominates Pruitt unfortunately.( Hopefully that changes) But is Florida elite again? Not top 5 elite, but they look like there gonna be at least a consistent top 25 team with a couple top ten finishes every few years. That’s my read on it so far.

Mullen won’t be as good as Spurrier or Meyer but it’s not fair to hold that up as the standard. They are all-time greats. He’ll compete for the East every year and occasionally when he has a great defense they’ll make a run at the natty. That’s the best anyone should reasonably hope for and Mullen will deliver on that.

VN Store

Back