Now that it’s over, who did Florida beat

wmcovol

That was real good? Nobody

Georgia, who had a holder playing QB, was about the only decent team they beat. I doubt they that game now. The other wins weren’t any more impressive as Pruitts 8 game winning streak vs a bunch of stiffs.

They got beat by 2 best teams in the league & somehow lost to a decimated LSU. You spell Mullen with at least 2 LLs

Georgia, who had a holder playing QB, was about the only decent team they beat. I doubt they that game now. The other wins weren’t any more impressive as Pruitts 8 game winning streak vs a bunch of stiffs.

They got beat by 2 best teams in the league & somehow lost to a decimated LSU. You spell Mullen with at least 2 LLs

Keep telling yourself Mullen and Florida aren’t on the cusp of greatness again. I know it makes you feel better. Everyone in America knows with one more minute, Florida was scoring on that last drive to beat Alabama.

Need to go win the bowl game and then have a tremendous spring and summer, they’ll be back in the conversation next year too.

Keep telling yourself Mullen and Florida aren’t on the cusp of greatness again. I know it makes you feel better. Everyone in America knows with one more minute, Florida was scoring on that last drive to beat Alabama.

And why didn't Florida have one more minute? Because Mullen is an idiot.

If what you are saying is that Florida is good, not great.....I don't think there's any question in that.

If what you are saying is that Florida is not moving in the right direction or there is no evidence things are better now than they were, I'd disagree.

I'll paraphrase Mullen, because he's correct here. Improving to get from where they were to a NY6 bowl is hard. Going from a NY6 bowl to a playoff team is harder.

I really don't get this constant trying to say that UF isn't that good; because if they aren't that good you DO realize what that says about Tennessee.....right?

And yet some of you same window lickers turn around and say with a "good coach" we can easily surpass Florida.....something we've been trying for over 20 years now. Seriously, where do some of you people come from?

Something else to think about. If Florida had beaten LSU, the same point would be/could be raised.

So, the question that also potentially should be asked is.....is the SEC overrated?

Florida would be 9-1 (9-2 after title game) and the question would be who did they beat. And A&M it would be who did they beat (Florida, who beat no one).

So, if teams can play an all-conference schedule and beat "no one", what does it say about the league?

We underperformed this year, that simple...That being said, we won the East and gave Alabama the best game they've gotten all year, our three losses were by a combined 12 points (2 of which were DIRECTLY caused by a crushing fumble on a game winning drive and an absolutely inexplicable penalty.), so there's certainly positives to be taken away.

And why didn't Florida have one more minute? Because Mullen is an idiot.

Yep, complete idiot. Maybe Florida should fire him and hire someone who knows what he’s doing?

You’re in denial. You’ll learn next. The lesson was force fed to Georgia fans this year. See ya in the Swamp before you know it. Aren’t you the same know-it-all who was arguing with me last year that UF didn’t have any WR’s? I think so. Well, since then, 4 of UF’s guys are on NFL rosters with Toney, Pitts and Grimes sure to be drafted this year. So that’ll be 7 from the roster you told me was trash.

And you’re calling Mullen an idiot?

Reactions: Credo
Yep, complete idiot. Maybe Florida should fire him and hire someone who knows what he’s doing?

Nice strawman.

You’re in denial.

Nice projection.

Aren’t you the same know-it-all who was arguing with me last year that UF didn’t have any WR’s? I think so.

Even nicer strawman.

And you’re calling Mullen an idiot?

You're f***ing right I am. Calling a timeout in that situation was remedial football level stupid. Going for two was not a bad call, but time mattered infinitely more than one more point. If he couldn't get a two point play in without burning his second timeout, then he should have just kicked the extra point. The odds were against UF either way. Wasting that timeout made them nonexistent.

Reactions: ukvols
Nice strawman.

Nice projection.

Even nicer strawman.

You're f***ing right I am. Calling a timeout in that situation was remedial football level stupid. Going for two was not a bad call, but time mattered infinitely more than one more point. If he couldn't get a two point play in without burning his second timeout, then he should have just kicked the extra point. The odds were against UF either way. Wasting that timeout made them nonexistent.

Mullen admitted after the game that he screwed that up.

I had problems with the time management at the end of the first half too. Anyone with half a brain knew that Alabama would score if they had any decent amount of time to work with.

Reactions: bamawriter
Nice strawman.

Nice projection.

Even nicer strawman.

6 points, 6. That’s how much better Bama was than UF.

Florida’s coming, whether you like it or not. I also like how you overlook the absolute genius of Mullen’s offense, record breaking stuff, his unbelievable player development, you sidestep that to seize upon a bad timeout, and then leap to the conclusion that he’s an idiot, despite what your eyes and the statistics told you all night and all year.

But go on... Mullen’s an idiot. Got it.

Mullen admitted after the game that he screwed that up.

I had problems with the time management at the end of the first half too. Anyone with half a brain knew that Alabama would score if they had any decent amount of time to work with.

I was more upset with leaving too much time on the clock at the end of the half than the timeout. Mullen owned the timeout and commented on how big 40 more seconds would have been. But there were, oh, about 50 plays and events more pertinent to why Florida lost than that timeout.

But you know, “Mullen’s an idiot” narrative for the deniers out there.

I was more upset with leaving too much time on the clock at the end of the half than the timeout. Mullen owned the timeout and commented on how big 40 more seconds would have been. But there were, oh, about 50 plays and events more pertinent to why Florida lost than that timeout.

But you know, “Mullen’s an idiot” narrative for the deniers out there.

I don't think Mullen is an idiot. But, it was dumb. And he's done other dumb things. And will continue to do so because he's human.

But, overall he's a very good coach, I'm happy to have him, and I can envision him winning a championship (whether it happens or not, who knows).

If I was an Alabama fan, would I be concerned?

No.

Reactions: ukvols
If I was an Alabama fan, would I be concerned?

No.

Bama fans have one concern; when/if Saban retires and who would replace him. Otherwise, they own the college football world and the rest of us are fighting for second place. What he has built there is truly phenomenal and has the rest of America frantically and haplessly chasing behind.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
If what you are saying is that Florida is good, not great.....I don't think there's any question in that.

If what you are saying is that Florida is not moving in the right direction or there is no evidence things are better now than they were, I'd disagree.

I'll paraphrase Mullen, because he's correct here. Improving to get from where they were to a NY6 bowl is hard. Going from a NY6 bowl to a playoff team is harder.

This is where I stand also.

We’ve made steady progress in each of Mullen’s three years, with notable wins and disappointing losses along the way.

We won the East and lost to Alabama during what can easily be described as the most dominant CFB run in most of your lifetimes.

Reactions: Jaws and lefthander
I really don't get this constant trying to say that UF isn't that good; because if they aren't that good you DO realize what that says about Tennessee.....right?

And yet some of you same window lickers turn around and say with a "good coach" we can easily surpass Florida.....something we've been trying for over 20 years now. Seriously, where do some of you people come from?

Cut GV15 some slack...it’s only a matter of time before he sticks the landing on those shoe jokes.

They got beat by 2 best teams in the league & somehow lost to a decimated LSU. You spell Mullen with at least 2 LLs[/QUOTE]
And yet he is 2 w’s better than anyone UT had had in 20+ years

VN Store

Back