Roster
Schedule
Game Notes PDF

UNCG

Roster
Schedule

Go Lady Vols!

Last edited:
they opened their season at UNC and were behind 51-11 at half time. I wonder how many possible candidates were contacted for late scheduling before finding they were the only option.
AND why would a team 1-6 benefit other than the memories for the players want to play this game? I would say Carson Newman would provide a greater challenge.

They have a win and are not the worst team in WCCB so it will be up to our team come out and try to play 40 minutes and not slack against a bad team. I like a game like this once in a while and every team plays them. This gives everyone a chance to play and we get to see them play and develop opinions on players we haven't seen much to this point. Jackson State wasn't a lot better about an even trade off.

they opened their season at UNC and were behind 51-11 at half time. I wonder how many possible candidates were contacted for late scheduling before finding they were the only option.
AND why would a team 1-6 benefit other than the memories for the players want to play this game? I would say Carson Newman would provide a greater challenge.

One benefit that Carson Newman doesn’t provide is the D1 game. To be eligible for the tourney teams have to play a certain amount of Division 1 teams and while it may not help seeding or SOS it doesn’t provide an opportunity to play and get one more D1 game in. We can hope to get those in conference play and SEC tourney but who knows. Hopefully we can see low turnovers and some good free throw shooting.

They have a win and are not the worst team in WCCB so it will be up to our team come out and try to play 40 minutes and not slack against a bad team. I like a game like this once in a while and every team plays them. This gives everyone a chance to play and we get to see them play and develop opinions on players we haven't seen much to this point. Jackson State wasn't a lot better about an even trade off.

I am pretty sure I read Jackson State was the replacement game for Stanford this year.

Reactions: mlindsay
Last minute travel is a big expensive strain on logistics so I'm surprised they found and locked up an opponent so fast. I'm grateful to be able to see another game this year.

From the UNCG web site: "While the Spartans haven't faced the Volunteers in over four decades, they are a perfect 3-0 against the side, last beating Tennessee 81-79 in overtime at the Winthrop Tournament in Rock Hill, S.C. on February 13, 1976"

Last edited:
Last minute travel is a big expensive strain on logistics so I'm surprised they found and locked up an opponent so fast. I'm grateful to be able to see another game this year.

From the UNCG web site: "While the Spartans haven't faced the Volunteers in over four decades, they are a perfect 3-0 against the side, last beating Tennessee 81-79 in overtime at the Winthrop Tournament in Rock Hill, S.C. on February 13, 1976"
this pitiful team is 3-0 against us??? who cares if it was in 70s 😂😂

Sorry just not worth getting someone hurt in a game like this. Yes I know the bench players will get lots of court time but let’s be real those same bench players would get better experience scrimmaging the starters. A win is a win but not if someone gets hurt!

They’ve owned us long enough!! Time for another upset. 🤪

Sorry just not worth getting someone hurt in a game like this. Yes I know the bench players will get lots of court time but let’s be real those same bench players would get better experience scrimmaging the starters. A win is a win but not if someone gets hurt!

I’m sure the players and coaches can gain something from this.. Injuries are part of the game we just have to hope and pray to stay healthy.

As we've seen again this week, players get hurt during practice...sometimes with season-ending injuries.

And yet we still practice.

Last edited:
As we've seen again this week, players get hurt during practice...sometimes with seadon-ending injuries.

And yet we still practice.
And yet we keep showing we will play the worst teams possible just to get a W

VN Store

Back