ESPN announcers

When you are 3-6 and playing a team in the top 5 then your program gets disregarded. They are predicting the outcome. It should frustrate any fan.

They are going to mention the playoff because TAM is in the hunt. Which is odd to me. Never understood being rewarded for not making a championship game

Like Alabama a few years back?
Yeah, was talking about that this morning. To me they need to develop a PO system that only includes conference champs. My model would be 6 conferences. All six conference champs make it and the top seed has byes. That would stop teams being rewarded for not winning their conference and also give those teams that all the sudden have a good year to compete for a championship.

Reactions: knoxvol16
I don’t know if I could take them any longer if we had 2 or 3 Swiss Army knives

They are going to mention the playoff because TAM is in the hunt. Which is odd to me. Never understood being rewarded for not making a championship game
Because it isn't about a championship... it is about:

iu

Reactions: volfannbama
So if FL beats Bubba... Northwestern beats OSU... and who cares about Clemson/ND... Do you have 3 SEC teams in the 'champioinship'? LOL

FARCE

If it was still the BCS it would be the same teams, not sure how it's the playoffs fault?

It's not, these type just love to keep repeating how the playoff is ruining college football, even though the BCS would be worse and at best no different. I mean it would have been pretty much Alabama/Clemson/Ohio St. in the BCS mix the past 5 years too.

Also the "same teams" argument is lame. Back in the 80s we'd complain it was always Miami/Nebraska/etc.

Reactions: 08Vol
It's not, these type just love to keep repeating how the playoff is ruining college football, even though the BCS would be worse and at best no different. I mean it would have been pretty much Alabama/Clemson/Ohio St. in the BCS mix the past 5 years too.

Also the "same teams" argument is lame. Back in the 80s we'd complain it was always Miami/Nebraska/etc.
It's no different now than it was. Popularity contest...

VN Store

Back