'21 AL WDE Dylan Brooks (Auburn transfer)

The on the field product and trajectory of the program impacts the recruiting. Fan negativity is just a byproduct of the above two examples so the clear answer is “NO” it does not impact recruiting.
It is clear that you are not aware of what high school athletes react to these boards. Your and other negative posters DO register with high school player#. It is similar to a court room when a witness or lawyer makes a false statement and the judge states that the comment is to be stricken from the record and the jury do disregard the statement. The damage has already done and the misstatement, untrue or misleading comment, has already make its intended affect. If you do not believe that is true, you have no concept of the human brain or choose to ignore it.

Reactions: AntiochVol08
The on the field product and trajectory of the program impacts the recruiting. Fan negativity is just a byproduct of the above two examples so the clear answer is “NO” it does not impact recruiting.

With twitter and Instagram yes fans can have an impact. Also, think about the fans who paint the rock. When they paint negative things about the coach or something else, you think recruits don’t take notice?

But if you're going to casually label someone as "raping kids" w/no proof, you're a pretty $hit-bag human.

I agree that proof Shiano of condoning Sandusky's horrific behavior is not based on solid evidence (really just based on an uncorroborated McQueary statement), but, at the end of the day, Shiano was an coach on that staff for years. I don't think he's a child molester, nor do I support people who call him one. However, it's fair to question the PSU staff's culpability in largely ignoring or brushing off the rumors about Sandusky that seemed pretty rife at PSU. It's clear a lot of coaches and school administrators looked the other way. Right or wrong, he's going to be connected to what went on at PSU for the rest of his career. It's also fair to think that, although he may have an impressive resume to an outside observer, he may not be a good fit for this football program, whether it's personality, management skill, relationships with SEC high-school coaches, etc.

At the end of the day, I'm not sure why an alleged UT fan would be so laughably butthurt about the situation. Pruitt may not be the answer, but that doesn't mean Shiano was, either.

With twitter and Instagram yes fans can have an impact. Also, think about the fans who paint the rock. When they paint negative things about the coach or something else, you think recruits don’t take notice?
But it’s the product on the field which created that.
Do you expect fans not to complain if the program is tanking ? Good luck with that.

Reactions: CJBlaze and DJ_VFL
It is clear that you are not aware of what high school athletes react to these boards. Your and other negative posters DO register with high school player#. It is similar to a court room when a witness or lawyer makes a false statement and the judge states that the comment is to be stricken from the record and the jury do disregard the statement. The damage has already done and the misstatement, untrue or misleading comment, has already make its intended affect. If you do not believe that is true, you have no concept of the human brain or choose to ignore it.
see post # 1455.

Lol. This is really incredible. I get people hate Pruitt. Maybe it’s deserved. But to act like what’s said on Twitter, the rock and etc don’t play any part in a kids decision is stupid. Doesn’t matter the mental gymnastics you try to make it seem otherwise. You just end up looking like a pretzel. Austin talks to the kids. The kid said it’s given him pause. You just sound ridiculous.

“ThE cLeAr AnSwEr iS...” gtfoh LMFAO
Product on the field - it’s simple. Every programs fans will do the same if they are in situation we are. Alabama, Georgia, Florida, LSU, everybody.

"But if you're going to casually label someone as "raping kids" w/no proof, you're a pretty $hit-bag human." @WilcoVolsFan

Never said Schiano raped anyone..... reread my post I guess, anyways we should just drop it, this is the Dylan Brooks thread not the WilcoVolsfan "Sandusky/Schiano Fanboy Thread"

Funny how some of you love to blame the fans when they’re the ones spending their time and money to watch our team in play.

You can’t control what the fans say or do on social media.

It’s the same freaking thing at every school.

Maybe don’t go 3-7. Recruits take notice of that. Pruitt gets paid $3.8 million. I think he can handle some mean words painted on a rock.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Funny how some of you love to blame the fans when they’re the ones spending their time and money to watch our team in play.

No one said anyone can control what fans say or do, we are just saying it has an impact. The degree of impact varies from player to player, but it does have a potential impact. You are moving the goalposts with every reply.

Reactions: AntiochVol08

We are aware that every school has the arrogant and vocal element, that is the reason we post responses some times to assure visitors, especially recruits and their mentors, that a more loyal and supportive group of fans is also present. They could easily come to another conclusion if you guys got the first and the last word. How many times have you posted this tired message over the last few weeks?

Reactions: jwilliams
No one said anyone can control what fans say or do, we are just saying it has an impact. The degree of impact varies from player to player, but it does have a potential impact. You are moving the goalposts with every reply.

Again, that happens with every fan base.

Even if it does affect a recruit’s decision, then he’s playing for the coach, not the school.

Personally, I don’t give a damn about the rock being painted. What are they going to do to the person that did it? Revoke his/her scholarship?

This is a new world now where social media has taken over.

If the Administration would stop making continuous bad hires, then the fans wouldn’t make a scene.

Again, that happens with every fan base.

Even if it does affect a recruit’s decision, then he’s playing for the coach, not the school.

Personally, I don’t give a damn about the rock being painted. What are they going to do to the person that did it? Revoke his/her scholarship?

This is a new world now where social media has taken over.

If the Administration would stop making continuous bad hires, then the fans wouldn’t make a scene.

You're right....we don't have exclusive rights to these types of fans. Im not sure how this is any indictment on the recruit. It affects everyone differently.

I'm with you for the most part. Every fan is ultimately in charge of their own fandom or fan experience.
This is 100% true. Probably the reason for a lot of the infighting on the boards. Some people get physically ill watching Tennessee blunder and others are more laid back. Neither is wrong in their reactions just different ways of coping. Just like some are ok in giving more time to Pruitt and others are completely out on him, again neither are inherently wrong.

You're right....we don't have exclusive rights to these types of fans. Im not sure how this is any indictment on the recruit. It affects everyone differently.

I 100% agree. We need recruits like this to get back to where we need to be as a program.
He has signed.

Pruitt may not be the answer, but that doesn't mean Shiano was, either.

Which I completely agree with and clearly stated in what I wrote. Short of bringing in Saban or Urban Myer, everyone brings in some risk. But your odds are a lot better w/a hire who checks the box for been-there-done-that successful than one who hasn't.

I don't give a Shnike if Schiano/Rugers is successful and like every other Vols fan, hope Pruitt figures it out and turns it around. If the two trajectories continue on their current paths though, that undefeated Vol Twitter is going to take it's first L and our fan base will only have itself to blame. Either way, calling a guy a child rapist because you don't want him coaching your team makes you a giant douche.

"But if you're going to casually label someone as "raping kids" w/no proof, you're a pretty $hit-bag human." @WilcoVolsFan

Never said Schiano raped anyone..... reread my post I guess, anyways we should just drop it, this is the Dylan Brooks thread not the WilcoVolsfan "Sandusky/Schiano Fanboy Thread"

It was Dudley not you. But agree this has spiraled too far and mea culpa for my part in that.

Here's hoping Brooks has signed and he's the next Derek Barnett.

Reactions: BucVol98

VN Store

Back