Poll: Does anyone actually believe Pruitt will be successful at UT?

Does anyone actually believe Pruitt will be successful at UT?

• Total voters

VolFan4Life87

Negatron
Thread title says it all. If you think CJP will be successful here at some point, if kept on board long enough, I’d LOVE to understand why. If not, WHY would you ever keep a coach you know has not and will not ever meet expectations? When the writing is on the wall, why wouldn’t you fire and hire an interim at least?

I was REALLY high on Pruitt after the first two games of the season. I remember watching the Jeremy Pruitt show as he broke down the Mizzou game. On one play we sacked the QB and Pruitt was griping about our technique. I sent a video of that part to a couple of buddies and said “We finally have our guy. This guy demands perfection and I love it”

After the first half of the Georgia game, I remember thinking we‘ve won 8 in a row and are beating a Top 5 team, Pruitt is going to get us back on the national stage.

I’ve honest to God never seen a derail of a program of this magnitude in any sport at any level. Even right this second I’m still completely stunned as to how we got here.

He has been very successful at UT. He has made millions and still has millions more coming!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Alto1
Thread title says it all. If you think CJP will be successful here at some point, if kept on board long enough, I’d LOVE to understand why. If not, WHY would you ever keep a coach you know has not and will not ever meet expectations? When the writing is on the wall, why wouldn’t you fire and hire an interim at least?
I actually wanted a third option “probably not but let’s see what he looks like with JG not costing us games at QB”

I was REALLY high on Pruitt after the first two games of the season. I remember watching the Jeremy Pruitt show as he broke down the Mizzou game. On one play we sacked the QB and Pruitt was griping about our technique. I sent a video of that part to a couple of buddies and said “We finally have our guy. This guy demands perfection and I love it”

After the first half of the Georgia game, I remember thinking we‘ve won 8 in a row and are beating a Top 5 team, Pruitt is going to get us back on the national stage.

I’ve honest to God never seen a derail of a program of this magnitude in any sport at any level. Even right this second I’m still completely stunned as to how we got here.

His name is Jarrett.

I voted yes. I think Pruitt “can” be successful, but he has to fix the offense. In this age of college football, you need to score 30-40+ points, so he needs to figure out who we need to be to do that. Pruitt also needs to stop messing up the QB rotation and stick with Bailey.

Like others, I unfortunately believe he will be here next year.

Sadly we will prolong the misery and he will be fired within the next 2 years. Wasting talent, money and years of my life

Reactions: salsahound and JPL

It unraveled quickly one loss after another. No one to blame but himself. I think he realizes now JG is not and never was the answer but it’s too late. The season was a complete failure. He has very little fan support going into next year. The best thing TN could do is cut their losses now.

I mean, really, how long can we continue to try and find a "trophy coach" without the tools to attract one? It's like we're a nerd in HS. JP has a great defensive mind, IMHO. If he can manage to complement his shortcomings with surrounding staff, we might get somewhere. A great recruiter from AUB (you know) and a firm commitment to the QB of the future may be enough to move the curve. This ain't the year to keep jumping off the same cliff.

Reactions: gule
yes. He will be successful. Then Bama will call him home. 3 years max. book it.

git me out of here, Percy!

You are what your record says you are. So I voted NO.

That said, YES Pruitt could still turn it around but it’s a long shot bc he would have to let go of both the O and D game planning and focus on broader issues where he could potentially add value like recruiting. He’s got a fistful of NC rings that prove he can coordinate although he can’t head coach.

Pruitt would have to be forced to let Chaney be the O HC and he’d have to hire an experienced aggressive D HC (Muschamp??) and get out of the way. On the O side we need to develop a QB and 2021 SEC O and we 100% need maximum fire and intensity on the D side of the ball.

Yes it’s a work around bc despite all the opinions to the contrary I’ve read on this Board and all the emotional gnashing of teeth over our crappy HC there are NO guaranteed home run HC hires available out there not already in play elsewhere. Malzahan would be an upgrade but far from a home run. Same with Freeze who comes with far more risk.

And while I’d be in favor of writing a blank check nobody the caliber of Urban, Stoops, etc is touching this job precisely bc we insist on making it a 3-year revolving door job with ZERO stability.

Sorry but that’s facts. We’ve dug a deep hole for ourselves and we’re stuck in it for at least one more year and likely the next two. Welcome to Rocky Bottom.

I mean, really, how long can we continue to try and find a "trophy coach" without the tools to attract one? It's like we're a nerd in HS. JP has a great defensive mind, IMHO. If he can manage to complement his shortcomings with surrounding staff, we might get somewhere. A great recruiter from AUB (you know) and a firm commitment to the QB of the future may be enough to move the curve. This ain't the year to keep jumping off the same cliff.

Sorry, but his great defensive mind hasn’t carried over to his TN defense. We’ve been lit up time and again by some average teams as well as some good ones. If you can’t stop the slant in year 3 what makes you think year 4 will be any different?

The longer we wait the higher the cliff and the harder the fall. Pruitt had no business, NONE whatsoever losing to UK & ARK this year. Those were both Very Bad losses. That being said, if TN is unwilling to go out and hire a head coach with a proven record turning teams around and a winning record as a head coach then yes, don’t make a change as it’ll be more of the same.

Last edited:
Been there, done that multiple times. He should have five years to build a team that can complete. What successful coach will want to come here with Tennessee's fickle fans? Don't say Freeze. That will not happen.

I was hoping he was the guy... but time has proven otherwise.

the winning streak we had last year while it felt good...wasn't against strong teams and we didn't exactly blow them out either. I think we got lucky for most of those....and very lucky in the bowl game

Reactions: HARTUPM

VN Store

Back