Andy Griffith.

I honestly made this thread because I love good OL fashioned shows, without violence, racism, and all around bull crap. It’s so nice to see shows like this and be able to watch them without fear of someone getting offended. Wasn’t trying to be a prick by starting it.

Another one that cracks me up is the Dick Van Dyke show. Laura was so cute, funny and hot!!!
200.gif

Dick van Dyke was about comedians, and so I love the cast. Just love it. My favorite is Morey Amsterdam with his one-liners. I've seen every episode, so I kinda used it up.

The guys that played Otis and Earnest T Bass did a lot of voice work on 60’s cartoons. Some of the big ones. They were on a Mayberry special about 25 years and started doing the voices. I will have to google the actors and find out which cartoons they worked on.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
I will sit and watch some pretty stupid stuff, including "Clutch Cargo". Hal Smith (Otis the drunk) is every character in Clutch Cargo other than Clutch, Spinner, and whatever beautiful girl character is involved. I recently discovered another one called "space angel" which has even worse animation than Clutch. In that one, Hal Smith is one of the main characters. it is truly terrible and that's the most entertaining thing about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Oh, by the way, Earnest T Bass (Howard Morris) was on the Dick Van Dyke show. Directed it too. during the war, he was in an army entertainment outfit with Carl Reiner (who owned the show). So we went full circle.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Allan Melvin was Fred Plummer (the market trash in street sweeper), hotel detective, army recruiter, Maude's stolen car scam sidekick, escpaed criminal, streetside vegetable vendor. Feel like I am missing one. And then went on as a butcher. Lots of jobs.

Allan Melvin was Fred Plummer (the market trash in street sweeper), hotel detective, army recruiter, Maude's stolen car scam sidekick, escpaed criminal, streetside vegetable vendor. Feel like I am missing one. And then went on as a butcher. Lots of jobs.
I think that’s everything. He played an escaped convict twice if I remember right. He was so good as a foil for Barney Fife.

He was in a lot of stuff back then.

VN Store

Back