The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Could have been a lot worse tonight, happy with the win and I think once we clean it up on the low post we’ll be fine. Fulk and Pons were a combined 5/19 from the field and our 3 forwards off the bench, Ej, Oliver & Uros shot a combined 2/10. I’ll take a 9 point victory on a night where our bigs went 7/29 (24%) from the field any day. Rick’ll sort it out in practice. Feels great to finally start the season.

Sounds like 2 home games for UT, we just didn't get to take advantage of it, tonight and we still won. Can u imagine 20 thou, in TBA and starting the season off with a 16-2, 19-4 lead ?

Reactions: Stoked
Proud of our boys. They certainly looked rusty but showed some unreal potential and flashes. Defensively we could be one of the best we’ve seen in a long time at UT. Keon and JJJ will be a nasty defensive duo this year. JJJ is a Swiss Army knife, dude does it all! If he does stay another year it will will be so much fun seeing CRB developing him into an All-American. I’ve said it before but the biggest development jump we see from CRB coached players in his system is from years 2 to 3.

Legit 4-6 NBA guys on this roster.

That’s wild! I loved what Springer & Keon showed, this team gets the rust knocked off and they will be scary.

Reactions: franklinpence
I said somewhere on here a few weeks back that EJ would end up being a fan favorite and I think that’s going to pan out. Very rarely have I been so pleased with a player who had the kind of shooting night he did. There should be no repeats of last years Miss St game this season

I said somewhere on here a few weeks back that EJ would end up being a fan favorite and I think that’s going to pan out. Very rarely have I been so pleased with a player who had the kind of shooting night he did. There should be no repeats of last years Miss St game this season
As I mentioned in the postgame report, Battey may be the biggest size (weight) disadvantage he sees this year. He still managed to hold his own.

Loved the energy and hustle EJ brought to the floor tonight. Really good addition to this team.

Reactions: Stoked and Vol49er
Loved the energy and hustle EJ brought to the floor tonight. Really good addition to this team.
I was getting flashbacks of Jeronne Maymon! The way he moves his body around and positions himself for rebounds is nice. Just the rebounder and post player we needed. Speaking of rebounders - I know Pons was really off offensively, but damn he was much improved at rebounding. Tbh we won’t need his scoring abilities as much as we did last year so I’d be ok with a slight regression in ppg, if that means he focuses more on rebounding and his speciality... defense.

Watching back highlights and 2 plays stuck out to me by Keon.

1. he caught and drove hard then pulled up for a nice jumper, he had his defender on skates with how quick that first step was and then seeing that pulled up and buried it
2. breaking the press he took off just shy of half-court and pulled 3 defenders, fast kick out to a wide open Springer who buried his 3

Both of these plays impressed me because of how high IQ they were to make and how quick Keon is when he's penetrating. I hope he's given the greenlight to go to the basket more as he gets better with not turning it over, I think this team plays so much better with someone able to take it to the hoop. Bones & Turner both were great at it.

Legit 4-6 NBA guys on this roster.

That’s wild! I loved what Springer & Keon showed, this team gets the rust knocked off and they will be scary.
Not to be a jerk, but in no world is there six NBA guys on this roster. Very very doubtful there's more than 2-3.

Not to be a jerk, but in no world is there six NBA guys on this roster. Very very doubtful there's more than 2-3.

Well 3 on the roster right now are in the NBA Mock Drafts...

JJJ, Santi & Bailey all will have legit shots once they finish their careers here. Then you got a few wildcards in Fulkerson, Uros (can't teach size), JJJ, ORN, Walker.

But I also said NBA guys, not NBA draft picks. Big difference there.

Counting D-League spots there could be several:

Highly likely:
Springer
Johnson
JJJ
Pons

Maybe:
Fulkerson
Vescovi

Who knows at this point:
Walker
Yeah, there's several guys that will piddle around in the g-league and maybe get on a few 2 way deals. I guess I took the first post to mean guys that will actually sign a full NBA contract.

Also, while I dearly love Fulky and Vescovi, they will never play in the association. They'll probably make a hell of a lot of money playing overseas, though.

Well 3 on the roster right now are in the NBA Mock Drafts...

JJJ, Santi & Bailey all will have legit shots once they finish their careers here. Then you got a few wildcards in Fulkerson, Uros (can't teach size), JJJ, ORN, Walker.

But I also said NBA guys, not NBA draft picks. Big difference there.
If there's one thing Barnes has shown in his time here, it's that he can develop anyone into a heck of a basketball player. Never in a million years would I have though Admiral would be getting minutes in the NBA after his freshman season.

Yeah, there's several guys that will piddle around in the g-league and maybe get on a few 2 way deals. I guess I took the first post to mean guys that will actually sign a full NBA contract.

Also, while I dearly love Fulky and Vescovi, they will never play in the association. They'll probably make a hell of a lot of money playing overseas, though.

I would never say never. But I definitely think both of them can have better careers overseas (make more, play more etc.)

Probably depends on your definition, do you consider Bone/Schofield/Alexander NBA players? If so, I don’t think 4-6 is too crazy. I would bet Springer, Johnson, Pons and James all find their way into a NBA paycheck at some point, for how long may vary, but I think they’ll make a team. I don’t think Vescovi, Bailey, Fulk are out of the question either.

VN Store

Back