What if we just started by firing Fulmer..... tonight?

sonofUT62

I don’t see why not having the money to fire Pruitt should allow Fulmer time that he doesn’t deserve. As a matter of fact, not having to make a major coaching hire next week should make Fulmer even less necessary. Fire him tonight, let the Chancellor approve whatever assistant pay that Pruitt requests if she deems it reasonable. Start the search for a real, HONEST TO GOD Athletic Director. If we truly can’t afford to make a decision about JPs future until next year, then the new AD will have 10 months to get their feet under them before they have to start firing/ hiring.

I don’t see why not having the money to fire Pruitt should allow Fulmer time that he doesn’t deserve. As a matter of fact, not having to make a major coaching hire next week should make Fulmer even less necessary. Fire him tonight, let the Chancellor approve whatever assistant pay that Pruitt requests if she deems it reasonable. Start the search for a real, HONEST TO GOD Athletic Director. If we truly can’t afford to make a decision about JPs future until next year, then the new AD will have 10 months to get their feet under them before they have to start firing/ hiring.
But before we do that remember Pruitt and Majors records are similar haha

Look, I get you guys are upset at the season....but Fulmer wasn't put into a particularly great place to hire a coach. (I was for him being fired as a coach...and I now reflect that might have been an untimely decision). None of us are obviously happy right now. However, we soon forget the shitshow that was the last coaching search. We soon forget how we were ok with being acceptable to a new head coach (with promise) learning on the job. Now you're not ok with either. Get your heads out of your asses and give these 2 at least a fighting chance.

I'm as pissed as you are but whether you or I actually like it or not....it takes time. If Pruitt is horrible at least let him fill the roster with talent before we roast him alive.

Currie needed to be fired....UT doesnt have as much trouble with the firings as they do the hirings. David Blackburn should have been hired over both of them.

Currie did what he was told. He was told to hire Schiano and he did. He was told to target Doren and he did. He only went rogue to hire Leach and that would have worked out far better than what we have now. Fulmer worked extra hard behind the scenes to spread chaos and white knight his way into and then take over the search. He hated Currie for his role in Fulmer getting fired. Phil had Thorton downing Currie to Davenport and offering for Phil to take the job himself if only Currie wasn't in the picture.

Reactions: onevol74
Look, I get you guys are upset at the season....but Fulmer wasn't put into a particularly great place to hire a coach. (I was for him being fired as a coach...and I now reflect that might have been an untimely decision). None of us are obviously happy right now. However, we soon forget the shitshow that was the last coaching search. We soon forget how we were ok with being acceptable to a new head coach (with promise) learning on the job. Now you're not ok with either. Get your heads out of your asses and give these 2 at least a fighting chance.

I'm as pissed as you are but whether you or I actually like it or not....it takes time. If Pruitt is horrible at least let him fill the roster with talent before we roast him alive.

No. He has been here three years. There is no indication whatsoever in any way that Pruitt is a competent coach. Our players aren’t developed, the basics are lacking. We still can’t line up properly. We don’t manage TOs well, and the overall game management is pitiful. We have failed to use the portal to acquire a serviceable QB, and he has been wedded to a lousy QB for 3 years.

What is inevitable should be done immediately. Pruitt is not going to be a good HC here. He may be like a Coach O and be a good HC down the road, but we’d can’t wait 10 years for him to learn the job.

No. No more time. Just no.

Phil is not qualified to be an athletic director. This isn't the 1970's when retired coaches routinely because AD as a semi-retirement. Modern AD's are running a multi-million dollar business and being a successful coach nearly two decades ago does not make him qualified.

Currie did what he was told. He was told to hire Schiano and he did. He was told to target Doren and he did. He only went rogue to hire Leach and that would have worked out far better than what we have now. Fulmer worked extra hard behind the scenes to spread chaos and white knight his way into and then take over the search. He hated Currie for his role in Fulmer getting fired. Phil had Thorton downing Currie to Davenport and offering for Phil to take the job himself if only Currie wasn't in the picture.
I'll buy you 3 shots of whiskey to shut the **** up. You don't know jack about jack.

Imagine thinking firing Fulmer automatically guarantees a remedy for UT football.

Phil is not qualified to be an athletic director. This isn't the 1970's when retired coaches routinely because AD as a semi-retirement. Modern AD's are running a multi-million dollar business and being a successful coach nearly two decades ago does not make him qualified.
Well how well did our previous non-coaching ADs do? I'll wait.

I'm not saying Fulmer is the answer, don't misunderstand.....what I'm saying is he wasn't exactly dealt a fair hand after the previous "professional" ADs came through.

VN Store

Back