Urban Meyer meeting with Texas about HC? (Rumor)

It’s a shame we can’t fork out the money for a proven winner.

It’s ok though, we have cone head leading us to a 3-7 season with a free bowl game.

He isnt coming here even with the $.

Texas can pay him the same.
He can recruit 90% of his roster from his own state. And get to the playoff without having to play UGA, UF and Bama just to win the east division.

Its not a hard choice.

Ohio state is doing just fine. Florida went down hill because they made the wrong hire after Meyer left. Meyer has literally won everywhere, every season, especially in the post season. I’d kill to have him here.
Yep...even if he'd left after year 3 or 4 we'd be in a much better situation and have his coaching tree to draw on. I cannot stand the guy, but would personally roll out the red carpet as he stepped off the University airplane.

He can recruit 90% of his roster from his own state. And get to the playoff without having to play UGA, UF and Bama just to win the east division.

Its not a hard choice.
And...he's already successfully done the SEC.

Reactions: VolFan4Life87

Its not a hard choice.

That’s not the point.

Texas has no problem firing Herman during COVID season to replace him with a proven winner.

We do the exact opposite.

Yep...even if he'd left after year 3 or 4 we'd be in a much better situation and have his coaching tree to draw on. I cannot stand the guy, but would personally roll out the red carpet as he stepped off the University airplane.

Yes. We’re not hiring a coach to come over for Sunday dinner...we’re hiring him to win football games. I wish more folks would understand that.

That’s not the point.

Texas has no problem firing Herman during COVID season to replace him with a proven winner.

We have Fulmer pulling a Butch and telling us that it is victory enough that we are even able to play the games this season. AND that we are better than our 2-and-whatever record...whatever the he!! that’s supposed to mean.

That’s not the point.

Sure it is.

We re having to make some assumptions here
- Texas does indeed fire Herman
- UT fires Pruitt
- Both go after the best available coach (Meyer)

If Texas and UT are both courting an elite football coach today, why would UT have an advantage in hiring the guy?

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Urban is morally bankrupt

That can likely be said about any coach if closely scrutinized enough. You aren’t on the “hire Coach Freeze” train, are you?

I’ll take a couple conference and national titles with my “morally bankrupt” coach, please. Instead of three to four years of 5-7.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Yeah he really left Florida and Ohio st in shambles......
Well he actually pretty much did leave Florida in shambles. The players had basically taken over the program. Muschamp hinted at that at his press conference when he was fired. Saying that “the locker room is in a lot better shape then when I got here.”

Last edited:
Reactions: davethevol
Does anybody remember the racket around Herman to LSU?
He chose Texas over LSU. At the time and even now I can’t say that I blame him. But he probably regrets that decision now. Although I don’t know how successful he would have been in Baton Rouge.

Well he actually pretty much did leave Florida in shambles. The players had basically taken over the program. Muschamp hinted at that at his press conference when he was fired. Saying that “the locker room is a lot better shape then when I got here.”
I think the one thing Muschamp can take credit for is running a fairly clean program.

He chose Texas over LSU. At the time and even now I can’t say that I blame him. But he probably regrets that decision now. Although I don’t know how successful he would have been in Baton Rouge.

He had a better chance of success in Austin.

The ironic part is he was the main target for LSU and they had to settle for the hometown guy that didnt really have a solid resume as a HC.

LSU got the last laugh apparently.

I’m not going to start a thread on this but thinking about what appears to be Herman’s impending job termination made me think about Tom Herman @ the real UT.

He would not have even remotely been on my radar as a replacement for HCBCB but this thread made me think about whether or not I would trade Tom Herman for Skoal can. If it was just a straight trade the answer is an obvious yes for me . I also wouldn’t completely count him out as a potential candidate either but as I said earlier hadn’t even considered it until a couple minutes ago . If nothing else I would still consider one of the top offensive minds in CFB. I am hoping that when TN makes the change they will hire an innovative coach with a solid background on the Offensive side of the ball and IMHO CTH checks that box . What say you VN ? Would you trade Herman for Pruitt ?

That can likely be said about any coach if closely scrutinized enough. You aren’t on the “hire Coach Freeze” train, are you?

I’ll take a couple conference and national titles with my “morally bankrupt” coach, please. Instead of three to four years of 5-7.
We’re talking “morally bankrupt” after enduring the worst election cycle of my lifetime for sure, maybe ever. I think we’ll be ok with a coach making 7 figures a year hopefully winning football games, while simultaneously giving opportunities to mostly underprivileged minorities to become millionaires or receive their college degree . I’d be just fine with Hugh Freeze repenting for paying women to leave after they had sex with him.

Reactions: MaTaLa and Jaws
repenting for paying women to leave after they had sex with him.
Lol ..... and isn’t that basically the definition of alimony ??? We wouldn’t rule out a coach who had been divorced so why are some so high and mighty about CHF?

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back