The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

It is our understanding that Tennessee is certainly trying to add some more non-conference games to make up for the cancellations, however considering how difficult it was to cobble together the current non-conference schedule that is certainly no guarantee. If teams continue to have cancellations at the rate we’ve seen this week it’s certainly possible that the Vols could pick up someone looking for a game. - From VolQuest

I was thinking about Tennessee's unfortunate scheduling predicament earlier this morning. Callous as it may sound, we're going to need to "hope" that some other programs encounter issues with COVID-19 in early-mid December if we want a puncher's chance at salvaging our OOC schedule. Everything is further complicated by our slew of midweek games against middling opponents, but if Iowa (Iowa State 12/11, Gonzaga 12/19), Villanova (Texas 12/6, Virginia 12/19) or Kentucky (Note Dame 12/12, UCLA 12/19, Louisville 12/26) face some COVID-19 troubles then I would be highly disappointed if Fulmer wasn't immediately on the phone with their opponents' ADs in an effort to patch together a respectable slate of games.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I know this is a women’s HC but this is the first I have heard mention of a minimum number of regular season games needed for the ncaa tourney.
Interesting to say the least

Ok yea it’s early but Ohio state is one more cancellation away from not being able to play in the big 10 championship game.

with Covid running rampant who knows getting 13 games in might be hard with us already missing games.

where are these rules coming from
That require certain number of regular season games being played?

Memphis fans are turning on Penny. Finally seeing the writing on the wall that the poor guy can’t coach and that glorified AAU ball can’t work at the highest level.
Yeah, it's funny comparing all the Memphis posters on the VolNation boards last year vs. this year. They wanted to be anointed national champs before the season began last year.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Vandy doesn’t have that 3-point streak to hang their hat on anymore. But they do have that girl making the squib kick. Hooray for Peabody! I loved how she ran for the sideline immediately after kicking the ball. The whole thing is sooo Vanderbilt.

Am I being misogynistic for noticing the wokeness? Girl Power!

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
Am I being misogynistic for noticing the wokeness? Girl Power!

I’m already seeing the unhinged, leftist Facebook element (that I inexplicably accept as “friends”) calling out anybody, that sees it and then comments that it’s simply an obvious publicity stunt by Peabody, as misogynists. IMO they could have found a better candidate from the Vanderbilt Soccer Club. Or they could surely find a walk-on that had kicked in high school. Or the punter could have filled the role.

Vandy hasn’t won a game. If they were competing for anything, like a bowl game invite, they’d have somebody that could make a FG from farther out than the 15 yard line. Cool story, but it’s obviously virtue signaling. Now my question is, since Vandy doesn’t have a men’s soccer team, can boys try out for their girl’s soccer team?

I apologize for posting, since I'm not a regular poster - just a big fan wondering if we have a good feel for when we will actually get to tip off? Thanks

It’s the off topic thread disguised as an exclusive club. Regulars also use it to hide from the Football Forum drive-by posters.

VN Store

Back