Worst SEC fans ranked....

Was in Gainesville in '98- witness some of the worst behavior from their fans inside and out. Heard rumors of it for years. Anybody remember the "Florida Rule?" Never been to LSU, but GA gotta be close to No 2. No other school can come close to what Spurrier created- totally classless invertebrates.

Yet, you @99gator and @Lawrence Wright have no issues hanging around here all day with us....

In fairness, I also hang out on Tiger Droppings and a couple other rival message boards, in spite of being in fear of my safety walking back to the car from Death Valley in 2007 and Neyland in 1998.

That said, my most unexpected obnoxious fanbase encounter happened in Lexington in 2007. UK upset #1 LSU the week before, GameDay was in town for the first time ever, UF had about a five game winning streak against UK in basketball, and their fans were in your face, LSU obnoxious minus the incredible tailgate grub.

I witnessed about a half dozen “encounters” walking to the game and several more after the game. Not at all what I expected.

Was in Gainesville in '98- witness some of the worst behavior from their fans inside and out. Heard rumors of it for years. Anybody remember the "Florida Rule?" Never been to LSU, but GA gotta be close to No 2. No other school can come close to what Spurrier created- totally classless invertebrates.

Our fans probably gave you plenty of grief in Gainesville back in ‘98, because you showed up at the wrong stadium.

In my experience, Georgia was the worst by far. Fans are self entitled trashy. Bammer is pretty frontrunner, and mostly just ignorant. Ky is really actually terrible at bball season, and pretty tame for the other 6 months. So that's my top 3.

Best is honestly miss st fans. And how could they be bad? They're usually happy to win anything and expect to lose everything.

We're somewhere in the middle.

We played Florida in Knoxville in 1998....

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
In fairness, I also hang out on Tiger Droppings and a couple other rival message boards, in spite of being in fear of my safety walking back to the car from Death Valley in 2007 and Neyland in 1998.

That said, my most unexpected obnoxious fanbase encounter happened in Lexington in 2007. UK upset #1 LSU the week before, GameDay was in town for the first time ever, UF had about a five game winning streak against UK in basketball, and their fans were in your face, LSU obnoxious minus the incredible tailgate grub.

I witnessed about a half dozen “encounters” walking to the game and several more after the game. Not at all what I expected.

Oh, so you were the Gator fan we threatened to throw in the river in 1998. I guess I should apologize.....

On second thought, nah

Reactions: GoodlettsvilleVol
Oh, so you were the Gator fan we threatened to throw in the river in 1998. I guess I should apologize.....

On second thought, nah
No one would have threatened him in 1998. He had to be walking out by himself because all the UT fans were still in the stadium celebrating for quite some time after the game.

No one would have threatened him in 1998. He had to be walking out by himself because all the UT fans were still in the stadium celebrating for quite some time after the game.

Ironically, the only actual fight I saw after our ‘98 game was between two drunk UT fans behind Copper Cellar. It was quite entertaining.

He was waiting for closet Vol fan @99gator and his 14K VN posts to get off the field celebrating....

I’ve never had anything but good experiences with LSU fans. UGA fans are insufferable.

LSU fans are passionate and won’t hesitate to get in your face and yell “TIGAH BAYTE!!”. If you’re a good sport about it, those very same so-called obnoxious LSU fans will treat you to some of the best tailgate grub on the planet.

Last edited:
LSU fans are passionate and won’t hesitate to get in your face and yell “TIGAH BAYTE!!”. If you’re a good sport about it, those very same so-called obnoxious LSU fans will treat you to some of the best tailgate grub on the planet.

Absolutely agree. My second trip there I road tripped with a buddy and we were walking around when a totally drunk LSU tailgater called out “hey, Tennessee”. We turned around and he said something like “get over here and get something to eat”. A good sized tailgate, as I recall about 50 folks or so. Had a great time trash talking and just hanging out. Amazing food.

And every time I’ve been there the fans are drunk but friendly in the stands.

Actually, except for uga, folks are generally ok unless you act like an ass in their stadium. I’m always loud but respectful.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
If you had to rank the worst fans in the SEC starting with the absolute worst, what would your list look like? Below is mine:

1. Georgia
2. Bama
3. Auburn
4. LSU
5. Florida
6. Vandy
7. Kentucky
8. A&M
9. Ole Miss
10. South Carolina
11. Miss St
12. Missou
13. Arkansas
14. Tennessee of course!
The worst is hands down:
1. Florida
2. Georgia
3. Kentucky
4. Vanderbilt
5. Alabama
6. LSU
7. Ole Miss
8. Auburn
9. South Carolina
10. Mizzou
11. Mississippi St
12. Arkansas
13. Texas A&M

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Tennessee would be number 1 based on just the craziness of our Henny Penny the sky is falling responses

Florida has been #1 for me since I was a kid.

Ole Miss something about that fanbase makes your stomach turn; right along side UGA.

Reactions: adowns
Absolutely agree. And I’ll add they were awful even back in the 90’s. I had a fan grab me by the front of my shirt and tell me to “go back to Cuba.” Funny thing is, I’m not from Cuba and I don’t think I particularly look like a guy from Cuba. 😂

When they had Spurrier, a dude was passing me in the aisle and stopped in front of me about 4 inches from my face, close enough where I could smell his breath and said “got Spurrier?!”

Somehow I escaped both incidents without throwing blows, but both were close.

Now we didn’t include outside the SEC, but if we did, it’s FSU for me by a mile. The last grown man real-deal fistfight I got into was in Tallahassee leaving a game. No hospitality, no friendliness, no pretending, the fan bases hate each other.
You probably won. I wouldn’t want to fight a guy named Jaws🐊

Reactions: Jaws

VN Store

Back