12 million to Freedom

LittleVol

Of course I can help you, Coach Heupel.
That's the amount Jeremy will get if he's fired. Most all of you know that.

Ask yourself. WHAT WOULD YOU DO FOR
$ 12,000,000?

I see so many dumbfounded by his choice to continue to play JG. Because he obviously knows football. Dooley, Butch, Fulmer, none of them would have continued to play a QB that continues to find ways to lose.

Now consider this. 2018 and 2019...Pruitt had no problem benching Gaurantano if things were really getting out of hand. Even brought in Keller Chryst in 2018. Played Brian Maurer over JG when JG was healthy.

So what's happened in 2020? JG has gotten worse. Yet, he won't pull the plug. Guess what JP didn't have in 2018 and 2019??
<<<<<<<$12,000,000 BUYOUT>>>>>>>

Follow what I'm saying. Pruitt took the UT job legitimately to try and prove to himself that he could be a head coach. Almost 3 years later he understands the reality of it. It's really hard, AND he's coaching at a place his own family grew up despising.
And Fulmer gave him 12,000,000 reasons GUARANTEED to go about fixing that.

Push this thought process the other way. He wants to win for sake of having a career as a HC.
BUT...it's still at UT. A place he visibly despises being at. From the jump ridiculing the fans that pays his bills (2018 Spring Game).
- 3 years later "it's not my job to worry about the direction for the fans, my job is to coach"

He hates the UT fans. Guess what? He was born in Alabama. Raised in Alabama. Went to school at Alabama. Coached at Alabama. His whole football skill and culture is credited to his love for the Crimson Tide. YES...OF COURSE HE WOULD HATE THE UT FAN BASE..

Okay, well he doesn't want to put up with that? But he needs money like anyone else. Oh wait!! I have $12,000,000 Gaurantanoteed ...

Ladies and Gentlemen, Jeremy Pruitt is intentionally losing games because he simply doesn't want to be in Knoxville. And now he has 12,000,000 reasons to help him leave.

All this other stuff about "Chaney sucks! Bailey is not ready yet. Maurer sucks, only 2 of our guys would start for Bama etc..." has absolutely NOTHING to do with Jarrett Gaurantano continuing to start despite losing game after after game by throwing to the othet team. So...it's not even really his fault. It's Pruitt...

I believe Jeremy Pruitt would rather get his $12 mil as a winner. He can recruit. He can coach. Somehow his QBs are all busts, except HB, and he is convinced he has to save him for later. Even Butch wasn't throwing games. He just didn't have it. Jeremy can coach. Can he head coach, shrug?

I believe Jeremy Pruitt would rather get his $12 mil as a winner. He can recruit. HE CAN COACH. Somehow his QBs are all busts, except HB, and he is convinced he has to save him for later. Even Butch wasn't throwing games. He just didn't have it. Jeremy can coach. Can he head coach, shrug?
He can coach? Clearly you haven’t been watching the same games I have.

Ive been down a lot of rabbit holes, but this one stinks. This is a business, coaches are prideful, competitive, and have a reputation to build and or uphold. I seriously doubt he's trying to lose because he grew up in the state of Alabama.

I believe he really has Harrison's best interest in mind. And this offense will magically transform post JG. The small things on defense are killing me though.

That's the amount Jeremy will get if he's fired. Most all of you know that.

Ask yourself. WHAT WOULD YOU DO FOR
$ 12,000,000?

I see so many dumbfounded by his choice to continue to play JG. Because he obviously knows football. Dooley, Butch, Fulmer, none of them would have continued to play a QB that continues to find ways to lose.

Now consider this. 2018 and 2019...Pruitt had no problem benching Gaurantano if things were really getting out of hand. Even brought in Keller Chryst in 2018. Played Brian Maurer over JG when JG was healthy.

So what's happened in 2020? JG has gotten worse. Yet, he won't pull the plug. Guess what JP didn't have in 2018 and 2019??
<<<<<<<$12,000,000 BUYOUT>>>>>>>

Follow what I'm saying. Pruitt took the UT job legitimately to try and prove to himself that he could be a head coach. Almost 3 years later he understands the reality of it. It's really hard, AND he's coaching at a place his own family grew up despising.
And Fulmer gave him 12,000,000 reasons GUARANTEED to go about fixing that.

Push this thought process the other way. He wants to win for sake of having a career as a HC.
BUT...it's still at UT. A place he visibly despises being at. From the jump ridiculing the fans that pays his bills (2018 Spring Game).
- 3 years later "it's not my job to worry about the direction for the fans, my job is to coach"

He hates the UT fans. Guess what? He was born in Alabama. Raised in Alabama. Went to school at Alabama. Coached at Alabama. His whole football skill and culture is credited to his love for the Crimson Tide. YES...OF COURSE HE WOULD HATE THE UT FAN BASE..

Okay, well he doesn't want to put up with that? But he needs money like anyone else. Oh wait!! I have $12,000,000 Gaurantanoteed ...

Ladies and Gentlemen, Jeremy Pruitt is intentionally losing games because he simply doesn't want to be in Knoxville. And now he has 12,000,000 reasons to help him leave.

All this other stuff about "Chaney sucks! Bailey is not ready yet. Maurer sucks, only 2 of our guys would start for Bama etc..." has absolutely NOTHING to do with Jarrett Gaurantano continuing to start despite losing game after after game by throwing to the othet team. So...it's not even really his fault. It's Pruitt...
It will take more than 12 million...Fulmer has to go and it looks like Donde Plowman does too. Not sure what their contracts are worth.

Reactions: Myrtleturtle
I believe Jeremy Pruitt would rather get his $12 mil as a winner. He can recruit. He can coach. Somehow his QBs are all busts, except HB, and he is convinced he has to save him for later. Even Butch wasn't throwing games. He just didn't have it. Jeremy can coach. Can he head coach, shrug?
I have doubts. The 12m buyout means Pruitt can coast if he doesn’t have the character to go all out to advance the program. Pays the same. JG still starting is all the proof I need to know Pruitt is not bought in for the future of Vol Football. Pruitt likely knows he will not get another HC offer but he will get offers as DC so long term job/financial security is guaranteed for his family. He is in a win/win situation regardless if he is fired or not. I wish I had a future like that.

He can coach? Clearly you haven’t been watching the same games I have.
Semantics get boring.
How many great workers are management material?
Of course he can coach. His career prior to head coaching has been exemplary.
He can't head coach, apparently.
His staff is half brilliant, and half worthless.

Put Beldar in the library cleaning baseboards and pay him his full salary, as we are legally bound. If he miraculously gets a case of shame, he will quit and go get a football job elsewhere. If he stays and takes the money, we are still ahead by him not digging the hole deeper.

There's always a chance he might do something stupid to get fired (time fraud, stealing paper towels, etc).

No more paying people to work against us. That's crap strategy, even if it IS butch.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
If we can get 500,000 vols fans to put in $24 each, we can buy him out as a fanbase. Would make the twitter schitno campaign look like childs play.
Let’s get 500, 000 vol fans to chip in $50 and pay the next coach for 3 years. That way the University is not paying 2 coaches.
Let them pay the sorry one THEY hired.
I’m in if the next one is named Freeze

We will paying two of our ex coaches on the Bama staff in 2023 while they beat us 45-10 for the 17 straight year unless we make the right hire like a Hugh Freeze or somebody of that caliber or even Matt Campbell. But I have no faith that we will make that kinda hire it will be another no name gotta google his name bargain bin coach cause that’s the Tennessee way.

Let’s get 500, 000 vol fans to chip in $50 and pay the next coach for 3 years. That way the University is not paying 2 coaches.
Let them pay the sorry one THEY hired.
I’m in if the next one is named Freeze
That’s my point, they can’t afford it

Ive been down a lot of rabbit holes, but this one stinks. This is a business, coaches are prideful, competitive, and have a reputation to build and or uphold. I seriously doubt he's trying to lose because he grew up in the state of Alabama.

I believe he really has Harrison's best interest in mind. And this offense will magically transform post JG. The small things on defense are killing me though.
On one hand I agree, on the other....... I hate Georgia enough, that I'd love a job in athens if I could somehow make them lose😂

Reactions: VolForLife83
Semantics get boring.
How many great workers are management material?
Of course he can coach. His career prior to head coaching has been exemplary.
He can't head coach, apparently.
His staff is half brilliant, and half worthless.
Where's the brilliant part? I missed that.

Put Beldar in the library cleaning baseboards and pay him his full salary, as we are legally bound. If he miraculously gets a case of shame, he will quit and go get a football job elsewhere. If he stays and takes the money, we are still ahead by him not digging the hole deeper.

There's always a chance he might do something stupid to get fired (time fraud, stealing paper towels, etc).

No more paying people to work against us. That's crap strategy, even if it IS butch.
Apparently, we still have to pay Pruitt his buyout even if he gets another job. There is no off-set language in his contract. So Pruitt theoretically could be fired this year, go back to Bama and be their DC for 2.5 mil per year and we would still owe him 100% of his buyout. I've always been a Fulmer guy but if that is true, he should be fired as AD for that alone, whether Pruitt stays or not. How the Tennessee Vols made a complete mess of their coaching situation | A to Z Sports Nashville

VN Store

Back