Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what’s the record been since he left?

The truth is it’s the same kind of record stats that were discussed with Mullen and Freeze.

when you take your program to beyond its ceiling you are a damn good coach
Mullen and freeze did that in the SEC. it’s not impressive in a bad conference unless you win championships or multiple 10/11 seasons

Mullen and freeze did that in the SEC. it’s not impressive in a bad conference unless you win championships or multiple 10/11 seasons

As I mentioned every program has a ceiling irregardless of the conference. Rutgers ceiling is even lower now than before when GS took them into the top 10.

Imo the best measuring stick to judge a head coaches resume is how close they took their program to the ceiling. Those that reach the ceiling like Mullen at MSU, freeze at Ole miss and liberty and GS at Rutgers get the highest grades from me

As I mentioned every program has a ceiling irregardless of the conference. Rutgers ceiling is even lower now than before when GS took them into the top 10.

Imo the near measuring stick to judge a head coaches resume is how close they took their program to the ceiling. Those that reach the ceiling like Mullen at MSU, freeze at Ole miss and liberty and GS at Rutgers get the highest grades from me
Rutgers ceiling is much higher than people like to admit. Or at least it was while schiano was there. The state of NJ produces tons of talent. Much more so than all the teams he was competing against other than USF. He was meh in a bad big east. He’s an ok big east coach but would’ve been bad here

Rutgers ceiling is much higher than people like to admit. Or at least it was while schiano was there. The state of NJ produces tons of talent. Much more so than all the teams he was competing against other than USF. He was meh in a bad big east. He’s an ok big east coach but would’ve been bad here

What he did at Rutgers is only part of why I wanted him here 3 years ago. I think the experience of being an nfl head coach is huge on a resume

Tom Herman has been a major disappointment at Texas. Wonder if Texas makes a move if they lose today? They have K-state and KU left on the schedule. If TX loses to either one of those teams, I believe they fire Herman.

Tom Herman has been a major disappointment at Texas. Wonder if Texas makes a move if they lose today? They have K-state and KU left on the schedule. If TX loses to either one of those teams, I believe they fire Herman.

They have lost by 1 point and in OT.

You're acting like Rutgers was a decent program before he got there.
Program history doesn’t matter that much
Recruiting base and competition matter more. He had a great recruiting base (relative to the big east especially) and played against bad competition. He did an ok job there. A good job would’ve included at least one conference championship

Reactions: VolByLaw
The people saying they are done with football. Not even close. I get the frustration and the passion to want to be the best. I also agree we have the worst administration in sports, but it just gets tiresome to listen to the bitching constantly.
If you’re done? You don’t give out updates on your doneness.

Program history doesn’t matter that much
Recruiting base and competition matter more. He had a great recruiting base (relative to the big east especially) and played against bad competition. He did an ok job there. A good job would’ve included at least one conference championship
If New Jersey is such a great recruiting base then why haven't more coaches been successful at Rutgers?

If New Jersey is such a great recruiting base then why haven't more coaches been successful at Rutgers?
1) bad coaching hires
2) other schools come in and poach talent. Now that they’re in the big ten it’s even worse.

If schiano has the same record in the big ten as in the big east I’ll be impressed. So far he’s not off to a good start and he coaches like butch. They lost the UM game because they played not to lose in overtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back