Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could happen. That’s why posters keep talking about him. Our administration just likes losing. For a fan who’s so unbothered by all things UT football anymore you sure are whining and griping a lot about the topic.
Honestly, it's probably less about liking losing and more about not caring about winning.

But I will also say none of us, or at least the overwhelming majority, have to bear the responsibility of these multi million dollar decisions. These decisions aren't made in a vacuum. There's a lot of variables involved that most of us know nothing about. Like him or hate him, you can't tell me Phil doesn't care about winning.

I just find it funny everyone is on the fire someone train. Which would inevitably wreck this recruiting class.

Look, at this point what you want is HB to be what he is supposed to be in these next 3 games. If he shows he can make all the throws, avoid the pressure, etc and make us competitive and even sneak out 2 wins, then there is something to build on for next year.

2 almost 3 weeks of “FyRe PrUiTt” is getting ridiculous. He isn’t going anywhere and I’d definitely like to watch some competitive football for these last 3 games so let’s hope for that.

Agree 100%. If you told me Freeze was the coach I’d be on board because I like the idea of an offensive coach and the fact that he considers this his dream job.

But Fulmer never makes that hire.

And when cooler heads prevail - I’m still not out on Pruitt. I can not accurately judge him until he has a QB not as debilitating as JG. I’m excited to see this team the remaining 3 games. I want to see what they do next year with a new QB.

I get there’s a lot of pisses off fans spewing nothing but doom and gloom. I’m not there yet. This has been a **** season from start to end and I’m basically considering it a wash and looking towards next year.

Honestly, it's probably less about liking losing and more about not caring about winning.

But I will also say none of us, or at least the overwhelming majority, have to bear the responsibility of these multi million dollar decisions. These decisions aren't made in a vacuum. There's a lot of variables involved that most of us know nothing about. Like him or hate him, you can't tell me Phil doesn't care about winning.
Other schools aren’t afraid to do it. Phil is stubborn. I’m sure he loves the Vols and wants us to win but he just doesn’t want to admit he’s wrong. Pruitt is done. Phil is part of the problem.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
I’m sorry you are worried about losing a 3* recruit..... and a DB at that.... lol like we don’t have positions of more need like say..... ILB, DL, etc

You lose credibility for looking at Rivals. He's a 4* on 24/7. He would have been the highest ranked DB that Pruitt has pulled in since he's been here. More decommitments are coming, but keep telling yourself it's all good and dandy.

@matts42012 doesn’t know anything. I’ve been on this recruiting board for a long time. He comes out of no where and apparently everything is falling apart? Lol, give me a break.

Now if Matt Rays screen name popped up and said this I would be worried.
Uh @matts42012 Is well known to have info. Just because it doesn’t line up with your thinking doesn’t mean he “knows nothing”.

You lose credibility for looking at Rivals. He's a 4* on 24/7. He would have been the highest ranked DB that Pruitt has pulled in since he's been here. More decommitments are coming, but keep telling yourself it's all good and dandy.
Oh no my credibility.... it’s gone.... what will I do.... also, with him we had 27 commits.

We are going to have to dwindle that number down boys. We are currently at 26 last time I checked we need to be at 25 with possibility of going over that with some other room freeing up else where.

Reactions: hooter vol
So much negativity up in here this morning.

What's done is done. HB starts the rest of the year and JG only plays mop up. That will spark my interest again.

Ready to see a re-energized football team rally behind HB and see HB grow and learn and get some W's.

Hopefully this will help with our recruiting class and have a decent close.

Thankful for being a Tennessee alumni, fan, and part of the Volnation family. Stay safe everyone.

I think if HB starts and the OL plays decent there will be room for big plays.

Grantham will blitz UF into some big plays, but he will also blitz them into missed assignments like he did against Vandy.

All that said, there is no way we score enough to beat them, especially with Pitts back. It’s gonna be like 52-21
Speaking of Grantham, Virginia Tech fans are obsessed with him and want him to replace Fuente.

Reactions: pierce60
Agree 100%. If you told me Freeze was the coach I’d be on board because I like the idea of an offensive coach and the fact that he considers this his dream job.

And when cooler heads prevail - I’m still not out on Pruitt. I can not accurately judge him until he has a QB not as debilitating as JG. I’m excited to see this team the remaining 3 games. I want to see what they do next year with a new QB.

I get there’s a lot of pisses off fans spewing nothing but doom and gloom. I’m not there yet. This has been a **** season from start to end and I’m basically considering it a wash and looking towards next year.
There’s literally one on the roster Pruitt just has been too dumb/stubborn to play him.

HB will be starting unless something changes in the next week...he will get a ton of work in Sat...
Whats funny is all year they wouldn't give HB game time reps because it wasn't fair to him to throw him to the wolves... then his first start will be against a top 2-3 team in the league. Lol. I'm glad for HB but my goodness the contradiction is just.....

I’ll go with you on this for the sake of the discussion. Let’s say Pruitt is back next season.

What changes need to be made over the offseason? Where is the floor regarding wins next year?

If Pruitt wouldn’t have been too stubborn to play HB I wouldn’t be out on him like I am (although there are other red flags than that) I’d have chalked it up to freshman learning the college game. It’s been said he’s hard to get along with and apparent he’s stubborn. If recruits continue to bail it’s beyond repair for him.

I’ll go with you on this for the sake of the discussion. Let’s say Pruitt is back next season.

What changes need to be made over the offseason? Where is the floor regarding wins next year?

We need an actual LB coach..... Neids gotta go (keep him somewhere else for recruiting... special teams coach maybe?) obviously we need a DL coach..... we have to fix the QB position.....

Ansley has to fix his play calling or GTFO.... the defensive play calls have been killing us and his DBs have been sucking.

If that's the case I hope there are significant changes on the coaching staff made, and the names that are being thrown around as JP's replacement are still available if necessary after next year.
who would want to come work for a guy who has fired a bunch of assistants every year he’s been coach?
Add to that he seemingly has one foot out the door...
if he fires a bunch of staffers, expect the new hires to be on the “Weinke” level

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back