Do you honestly think JG will be on the roster next year?

Do you honestly think JG will be on the roster next year?

• Yes

Votes: 256 45.9%
  • No

Votes: 302 54.1%

• Total voters

SaintLouisVol

This question seems to get drug through many different threads. I am just curious of your thoughts, and why you believe as you do.

Personally, I don't think he will return. And, despite what many believe to be Pruitt's motives, I am not certain that he will even be given the opportunity.

This question seems to get drug through many different threads. I am just curious of your thoughts, and why you believe as you do.

Personally, I don't think he will return. And, despite what many believe to be Pruitt's motives, I am not certain that he will even be given the opportunity.

I assume he could be a grad transfer. He should probably transfer down to FCS, but if he insists on staying power 5, he should go Pac 12 or Big 12, where they don’t play defense. Or maybe he goes home to Rutgers and plays for Schiano.

I hope he moves on and gets started with life after college & football. He seems to love UT in spite of everything so I wouldn't be surprised if he sticks around just to be part of it in some way.

Reactions: Creekcat
I really don't think so. For his and the mental health of the fans he should hang it up or at least transfer to a smaller school. He won't ever play in the NFL and he should know that. I feel bad for him. Pruitt has put him in an impossible spot. He is never going to be what we need to be and it's time to cut bait for his sake as much as ours.

Yep. And I wouldn't blame him. If I were him and they kept renewing my scholarship I'd walk out of there with a couple of advanced degrees.
probably needs one anyway, since he wants to be a psychiatrist

I don't think he'll return. I honestly think after this season even if he had the opportunity to return he wouldn't. Unless we win out miraculously, that may give him hope. I think Pruitt needs to tell him it's time to move on.

I believe JG loves UT and likes Pruitt. I also believe JG DOES have a great arm and knows it...he isn’t an idiot. He is probably very frustrated he hasn’t progressed much in the mental aspect of the game and will likely transfer somewhere in hopes that a QB coach can improve where he struggles mentally. I believe he likes Weinke, Pruitt, and Chaney but he will want to make one last ditch effort at having things click in a different environment. He does have an above average arm

He absolutely will as long as Pruitt is the coach!!

Reactions: daj2576 and jarhead
He needs to go somewhere else. And that’s not because I want him to. He might actually be able to go somewhere and get some decent coaching and assistance and get on track. Maybe he could use his UT connection to go to Duke and see if Coach Cut could help him. Long shot but it’s possible he’s not really garbage. We just made him into that the way we have done with quite a few players in the Dooley/Jones/Pruitt era.

Pruitt is dead man walking already.

I don't think so. While you and I might agree that it likely won't happen, if the team improves significantly next year, and especially if it is sparked by good play from underclassmen, I think CJP sticks around for another year.

I don't see why he wouldn't. He can finish his masters degree for free, and keep being a starting QB in the SEC. That comes with plenty of perks. I actually expect him to be a graduate assistant the year after, probably working with quarterbacks, if Pruitt doesn't get fired.

I think this year is definitely it. If he's here next year it won't be as a player. Grad assistant? Ehhh, maybe possibly, but not player.

Reactions: norrislakevol

VN Store

Back