Rick Barnes Positive for COVID-19: Games this week are in doubt

That's kinda what I was thinking. I'm guessing its people who have really depressed immune system when they get the 2nd round. I don't expect that it will be an issue for the vast majority of the population. Maybe those that have already had it, get a vaccine after everyone else, just to be on the safe side, but otherwise I would expect that immunity lasts on the order of years, not weeks or months.
Yeah there is still a lot of doubt about people getting it twice but it seems like in most cases that will not happen. It can reemerge within somebody without them getting reinfected. Maybe somebody can get it again if they had a very low viral load the first time

Reactions: i2amavol
If it was just Barnes I’m sure that someone could take his place.

I’m saying if none of four coaches can be there, then there won’t be a game
They should keep a coach strictly away for this reason. I don't know the rules and guidelines, but could there be a teleconferencing Proxy? Someone holding an ipad with barnes on zoom. I say that in jest....but with a dash of seriousness

They should keep a coach strictly away for this reason. I don't know the rules and guidelines, but could there be a teleconferencing Proxy? Someone holding an ipad with barnes on zoom. I say that in jest....but with a dash of seriousness
You'd think there would have been someone develop and market an isolation chamber (bubble) for situations such as these.

would be so 2020 to lose the one shining diamond in the program. Get well soon, Coach Barnes!

Reactions: bowkane
Started a new thread and not surprising but the Volunteer Classic is cancelled

I believe they won't test for 90 days. But if someone had it in the spring or summer, I would guess they are getting tested. Having it is kind of like the vaccine in that the antibodies only last for so long.
There is a recent study out of Harvard that suggests Covid immunity might be long-lasting. So much information out there with conflicting results, including those who have supposedly had it twice.

Reactions: VolGee4 and Vol49er

VN Store

Back