Vol's latest basketball practice - get your blood pumping

Several players missing. Didn’t notice Pons? Hope there’s not a COVID issue

After watching this I'm getting even more stoked for basketball season.

Odd observation for what it's worth but this is the most normal our team's hair has looked at the beginning of the season in the past few years.

This year is going to be a year where we will be glad we have the depth. There are going to be positives and quarantines, and it will work to our advantage.

Reactions: ClockworkOrange
I didn't see that anywhere. Is that per the NCAA, and how is that different than football?
It’s why you’ve seen so many programs shut down nationwide in hoops, contact tracing is a nightmare in this sport. The guys are in much closer proximity, less players, contact during practice, benches etc...if one person gets it then contact tracing knocks out the whole roster.

It’s why you’ve seen so many programs shut down nationwide in hoops, contact tracing is a nightmare in this sport. The guys are in much closer proximity, less players, contact during practice, benches etc...if one person gets it then contact tracing knocks out the whole roster.
Okay, I see what you're saying. If that's the case then they should cancel the season because there will be be plenty of single cases, and if games are cancelled based on single cases, then the nightmare will happen. Personally, I think it's easier to control Covid in basketball than football.

Reactions: vols 30
Okay, I see what you're saying. If that's the case then they should cancel the season because there will be be plenty of single cases, and if games are cancelled based on single cases, then the nightmare will happen. Personally, I think it's easier to control Covid in basketball than football.
There are many people saying with the current rules in place a basketball season is nearly impossible.

There are many people saying with the current rules in place a basketball season is nearly impossible.
That might be the case. I really don't know, and yes, the surge is happening. I'm just hoping we start the season, have a season, and finish the season.

If he would play to his potential, he would be a nightmare matchup

I just want him to get more coordinated and stronger. I would imagine the staff is looking at steady progress and development with him. Fortunately he has more time so we will have the 7ft center for more years.

VN Store

Back