Smoke Monday JG Quote

What I would give to have the Iceman back.
He had won the starting by Fall camp after enrolling early...back when that was a rarity. Whatever injury he suffered that shelved him until the 3rd game (they called it “tired shoulder”), he never fully recovered his arm strength. Everything he achieved at UT was from being savvier than those opposing him. A gunslinger with a .22. Pre-injury his release and velocity were praised. Still believe he would have been an NFL player if the football gods had been kinder. Maybe not a starter but given a fair shake.

Everyone that watches JG should know he does this but we have a few on here that will post some meaningless stats to show how good he is.. JG doesn't have "it" and "it" can't be taught but I think HB may have it.. At least I hope he does

RE: 'having it'...In the words of one of Navin Johnson's family members, "It's out there alright. And if you catch it, see a doctor and get rid of it."

I’ll accept that as a substitute. At least it means we are really trying to improve.
I was just trying to encourage you. But for really reelz, it's not gonna happen.

Perhaps Iceman has a son we can recruit. An icicle off the old glacier.

He had won the starting by Fall camp after enrolling early...back when that was a rarity. Whatever injury he suffered that shelved him until the 3rd game (they called it “tired shoulder”), he never fully recovered his arm strength. Everything he achieved at UT was from being savvier than those opposing him. A gunslinger with a .22. Pre-injury his release and velocity were praised. Still believe he would have been an NFL player if the football gods had been kinder. Maybe not a starter but given a fair shake.
Casey was such a competitor. He rarely made a catastrophic mistake and put the ball where the playmakers could make a play. God I miss those days.

I was just trying to encourage you. But for really reelz, it's not gonna happen.

Perhaps Iceman has a son we can recruit. An icicle off the old glacier.
I know it won’t. 😢

Sadly, I don’t think anyone there wants to win unless they can get lucky with a cheap hire. 0-3 (possibly 0-4) so far. How’s that working for us?

Reactions: McDad
Reactions: CA_Vol
JG is busy working on his footwork this year, it is year 5 right? Plan is to have him back next year and he can work on staring down receivers in year 6. He likes to work on one thing each year, LOL.

Really not his fault, he just is not a very good qb and should not be playing in the SEC. The problem is Pruitt, he appears to be just terrible at evaluating and developing players. How can be detail oriented and micro manage things and not see JG terrible statistics, no matter what you look at, interceptions, pic 6's, fumbles, miss reads, whatever the guy finishes at the bottom of the SEC in his 5th year.

JG really wants to come back to see if he can break the record of the most pick 6's by a QB in the history of the SEC.

Casey was such a competitor. He rarely made a catastrophic mistake and put the ball where the playmakers could make a play. God I miss those days.
And that fade to the corner of the end zone! Ive rarely seen it done better!

Reactions: CA_Vol
Auburn DB Weighs-In On 100-Yard Pick Six Against Tennessee

Monday said, "One of those quarterbacks who loved to stare his receivers down ... He wasn’t doing a good job of looking us off tonight, so I tilted away and came back late.”

Our 5th year Senior “Gives Us The Best Option To Win” QB, everyone.

I hope we never see him run another play at this university.
You have hoped for that for two years. I have hoped for that. Sadly, no one cares for hope in our administration. JG is the Qb and I wouldn’t be Surprised, Eddie?... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised."

You have hoped for that for two years. I have hoped for that. Sadly, no one cares for hope in our administration. JG is the Qb and I wouldn’t be Surprised, Eddie?... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised."
Favorite Christmas movie. At least we have that to look forward to.

Reactions: HollowaytoSeivers
Can't help but wonder why we didn't make a big push to get JT Daniel's to come here. Seemed like at the time there was no real serious effort at recruiting him. I suppose any real QB looking to transfer can clearly see what career wrecking move coming here would be so they avoid it like the plague.

I was flipping last night between regular game and the sky cast and had it on skycast when that play happened.

You could see what was going to happen a mile away. Monday suckered him and JG never even tried to look him off.

You're right. It happens routinely and how the guy getting paid 4 million a season can't see that is sickening.
He didn’t sucker him, Guarantano literally stared down the receiver for 3 seconds.

So far, UGA's defense demonstrated JG has a "tell" on the snap count. Now comes along not like we non professionals hadn't mentioned this since JG as been playing, he tends to stare his primary receivers down when it's a pass play. Now he does it on RPOs as well. Thanks JG, after 5 years ... sheesh.

VN Store

Back