Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Victoria Vivians ESPN #24; Morgan William ESPN #25; Teaira McCowan ESPN #45; Dominique Dillingham ESPN #59; Blair Schaefer ESPN # 62; Chinwe Okorie ESPN Not ranked (Lagos Nigeria). They stuck a knife through UConn hearts that may never heal.
Your last sentence is not true. ND stuck a knife in their hearts the following season and both times they it made to the FF and also in 2019. The team UConn has now is not letting those defeats hinder their outlook. ;) The coaching staff won't allow it.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Your last sentence is not true. ND stuck a knife in their hearts the following season and both times they it made to the FF and also in 2019. The team UConn has now is not letting those defeats hinder their outlook. ;) The coaching staff won't allow it.
Hopefully the wouldnt the staff allow it when there are no players on the team that suffered those loses (i am pretty sure) ? All those players have moved on so no need to discuss it the losses to MSU or ND on last second shots.

Victoria Vivians ESPN #24; Morgan William ESPN #25; Teaira McCowan ESPN #45; Dominique Dillingham ESPN #59; Blair Schaefer ESPN # 62; Chinwe Okorie ESPN Not ranked (Lagos Nigeria). They stuck a knife through UConn hearts that may never heal.

u said it well.. Ppl don think that kind of ranking can distroy #1 ranks

There are always occasional exceptions to the general rule, and that was one of them. But MSST still had two AP AAs on that team who both ended up as top 8 WNBA draft picks. McCowan and Vivians weren't elite players when they were recruited, but they were by the time Vic was done coaching them. Kellie is not on Vic's level as a coach, so it's not a foregone conclusion she can replicate what he did with less heralded recruits.
Morgan Williams was ranked #25 at her POSITION she was a 3 star PG who wasnt ranked OVERALL
morgan-william

Blair Schaefer was not ranked overall:
blair-schaefer

neither was Dominique:
dominique-dillingham

Do you know what a "foregone conclusion" is? All I'm saying is that there's no guarantee that Kellie will be able to replicate what Vic did in a similar situation. Vic is considered one of the elite coaches in the game; Kellie is not. Maybe she will prove to be one day, but right now...there is no comparison between the two. It's like comparing forecasting a 2nd round NBA draft pick to being the next Michael Jordan without any relevant accolades under his belt yet.

And while I'm at it...please stop using yourself as a barometer for success for Kellie. Experiences as a part-time little league AAU coach is not even close to leading a D1 P5 powerhouse program. So just...just stop already.

My vote for post of the year!

So, recruiting means nothing? I’m glad Pat didn’t feel that way. And it seems to be working fine for the two at the top.

Recruiting means a lot but we have to fight with what ever we're getting first instead of loosing hope for not getting top 10 ranks.

Reactions: NeedOrange
Richardson and Roshunda Johnson played a massive part in their success as well. Neither one of them were highly ranked that I recall.
Roshunda was a top 50 recruit...which makes her one of the better players on their roster those 2 years. I don't remember her being a big part of their first FF team, but she was the one who hit a big 3 vs. LV in the FF to send the game to OT which MSST won. Richardson also played way above her HS ranking her senior year.

To think, it was essentially the same roster that lost to UConn by 50+ points the previous tournament that beat them the following year.

Hopefully the wouldnt the staff allow it when there are no players on the team that suffered those loses (i am pretty sure) ? All those players have moved on so no need to discuss it the losses to MSU or ND on last second shots.
I was responding to a post that brought it up. You need to address your post to that person.

I'd double check your rankings for William, Dillingham and Schaefer. Maybe that was their rankings at their positions, but no way that's a national ranking.

58929277.jpg

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
Do you know what a "foregone conclusion" is? All I'm saying is that there's no guarantee that Kellie will be able to replicate what Vic did in a similar situation. Vic is considered one of the elite coaches in the game; Kellie is not. Maybe she will prove to be one day, but right now...there is no comparison between the two. It's like comparing forecasting a 2nd round NBA draft pick to being the next Michael Jordan without any relevant accolades under his belt yet.

And while I'm at it...please stop using yourself as a barometer for success for Kellie. Experiences as a part-time little league AAU coach is not even close to leading a D1 P5 powerhouse program. So just...just stop already.

shows what you know about me and I will use whatever measuring device I want to,,,,so just stop, already

shows what you know about me and I will use whatever measuring device I want to,,,,so just stop, already
Look, it's a public forum and you can say whatever you want...no matter how crazy it might be. But since you see relevance in your comparison of a P5 Head Coach and a part-time pee wee AAU league coach, I might as well play along.

I'm sure you understand the challenges Kellie is facing trying to compete with all the top schools for the best recruits. After all, I understand you consider yourself something of a recruiting whiz...as demonstrated by the tight relationships you build with recruits when they follow you back on Twitter and respond politely to your bizarre "yOu shOuLd coMe pLAy FoR tEnNesSeE, KiDdO!" DMs. I'm sure Kellie is working just as hard as you are.

Kellie is under a lot of pressure to earn her $750k salary. I'm sure you can relate...after all there's the seventy five dollars you get paid for your occasional weekend gigs coaching 13-year olds from the local middle schools...plus I'm sure there's an all-expenses paid Little Caesar's "Pizza Pizza" team lunch as added incentive if your team does well. Those things matter for sure! So...I guess you can say that it's practically the same thing as what Kellie is facing, right? Glad Kellie is working up to the same standard as you. If she worked a little harder, maybe she would even score an upgrade to Olive Garden or TGIF's or something?

Anyway, I'm glad that Kellie is being held to such high standards and that you are personally (whatever that even means) holding her accountable. I'm glad that she is under such strict supervision. You practically have the same job as Phil Fulmer, now that I think of it.

Look, it's a public forum and you can say whatever you want...no matter how crazy it might be. But since you see relevance in your comparison of a P5 Head Coach and a part-time pee wee AAU league coach, I might as well play along.

I'm sure you understand the challenges Kellie is facing trying to compete with all the top schools for the best recruits. After all, I understand you consider yourself something of a recruiting whiz...as demonstrated by the tight relationships you build with recruits when they follow you back on Twitter and respond politely to your bizarre "yOu shOuLd coMe pLAy FoR tEnNesSeE, KiDdO!" DMs. I'm sure Kellie is working just as hard as you are.

Kellie is under a lot of pressure to earn her $750k salary. I'm sure you can relate...after all there's the seventy five dollars you get paid for your occasional weekend gigs coaching 13-year olds from the local middle schools...plus I'm sure there's an all-expenses paid Little Caesar's "Pizza Pizza" team lunch as added incentive if your team does well. Those things matter for sure! So...I guess you can say that it's practically the same thing as what Kellie is facing, right? Glad Kellie is working up to the same standard as you. If she worked a little harder, maybe she would even score an upgrade to Olive Garden or TGIF's or something?

Anyway, I'm glad that Kellie is being held to such high standards and that you are personally (whatever that even means) holding her accountable. I'm glad that she is under such strict supervision. You practically have the same job as Phil Fulmer, now that I think of it.
Ok, I just quoted you so your post would be here twice.

I may have to do this once a day.

Reactions: caravaggio

harsh:oops:

How about this then, "They stuck a knife in my heart that may not heal." For me it's a double whammy as a UConn fan living in South Carolina. I have to hear their win is more recent than our last.

Reactions: Mr. Doo Wop
I'd double check your rankings for William, Dillingham and Schaefer. Maybe that was their rankings at their positions, but no way that's a national ranking.

Vivians is higher than I thought she was.
You're right. I need to slow down when I research this stuff. That is their position ranking as you have pointed out. Thanks for the backup

Reactions: 1reVOLver

VN Store

Back