Smoke Monday JG Quote

CA_Vol

Auburn DB Weighs-In On 100-Yard Pick Six Against Tennessee

Monday said, "One of those quarterbacks who loved to stare his receivers down ... He wasn’t doing a good job of looking us off tonight, so I tilted away and came back late.”

Our 5th year Senior “Gives Us The Best Option To Win” QB, everyone.

I hope we never see him run another play at this university.

Monday said, "One of those quarterbacks who loved to stare his receivers down ... He wasn’t doing a good job of looking us off tonight, so I tilted away and came back late.”

Watch the replay. He looked right and never looked anywhere else. He decided before he threw where he was going. It is what he does routinely.

Watch the replay. He looked right and never looked anywhere else. He decided before he threw where he was going. It is what he does routinely.
iirc it's because it was RPO and like McElroy said is if you see your receiver slip or go into tight coverage, you have to sail that ball way over the end zone.

Bailey should play all snaps besides the opening handoff for FL (if it's at home, idr) at senior night.

I hope we never see him run another play at this university.
I will put money on jg starting next week. You KNOW Pruitt will start him. How any member of the admin or booster can even try to defend keeping Pruitt is.... Beyond me.

Bailey doesn’t bark his cadence loud enough. Looks defensive backs off...too quiet. VQ seriously stated this as Pruitt’s stance.

He did look a little timid. He should grow into his command naturally but I would like to see him come in with full confidence and take the initiative.

we fans have been saying this for years. If we can see JG plainly stare down receivers from our TV sets, I'm going to assume the coaches on the field and in the box see the same thing.

his stationary helmet + his inconsistent accuracy and poor decision making in the pocket reflect his inability to get any better. Same thing for 3 years on this board. I don't understand commentators like McElroy who praise him for his work ethic and shy away from calling out what we all see. At least in the SEC post game Roman Harper said exactly this - he said you can't stare down your receivers that long and not expect the safeties to make a play.

it's maddening.

He did look a little timid. He should grow into his command naturally but I would like to see him come in with full confidence and take the initiative.
JG has initiative in spades. Really animated...until halfway through pursuing a pick six. Bailey took a sack and had everybody lined up faster than I’ve ever seen our incumbent perform the task. That’s where I judge them. He has Iceman Clausen level poise and calmness. Give him a start and a full game and he’ll find the octaves before the middle of the opening quarter.

JG has initiative in spades. Really animated...until halfway through pursuing a pick six. Bailey took a sack and had everybody lined up faster than I’ve ever seen our incumbent perform the task. That’s where I judge them. He has Iceman Clausen level poise and calmness. Give him a start and a full game and he’ll find the octaves before the middle of the opening quarter.
This ☝🏻

He was composed and showed good pocket presence. The offense actually looked like they gave a damn blocking for him. I swear the OL couldn't handle more than 4 rushers with JG under center but with Bailey taking snaps they were handling heavy blitzes. Might be a sign that the team is ready to move on.

He was composed and showed good pocket presence. The offense actually looked like they gave a damn blocking for him. I swear the OL couldn't handle more than 4 rushers with JG under center but with Bailey taking snaps they were handling heavy blitzes. Might be a sign that the team is ready to move on.
I agree. I think they just kinda give up with jg.

JG is busy working on his footwork this year, it is year 5 right? Plan is to have him back next year and he can work on staring down receivers in year 6. He likes to work on one thing each year, LOL.

Really not his fault, he just is not a very good qb and should not be playing in the SEC. The problem is Pruitt, he appears to be just terrible at evaluating and developing players. How can be detail oriented and micro manage things and not see JG terrible statistics, no matter what you look at, interceptions, pic 6's, fumbles, miss reads, whatever the guy finishes at the bottom of the SEC in his 5th year.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back