If Pruitt gets fired?

N.ohio vol

If Pruitt gets fired who transfers and who do we lose in this recruiting class coming up?

”Like” for not keeping Pruitt. Hiring Freeze is up for debate. He is not the only good candidate out there.

Serious question, who you thinking? I'm good with a freeze hire.....id be good with Meyer, maybe Stoops (depending on his staff), Kiffin.......just curious who you're feeling.

Fickel would be my first pick.

Certainly wouldn't argue his HC record and he's young enough he'd be here for a while......just worried that he has no SEC experience and I think it is a different animal than the Big X. Specifically navigating the personnel needed to get through a brutal SEC season........however, I bet he'd start Bailey.

It doesn't matter. Coaching hiring and firing decisions can't be based on recruits. It's not like this class is contending to be the best in the nation or anything either. It's 5th in the SEC right now. A&M is 6th with 9 fewer commits, Auburn is 7th with 14 fewer commits, Arkansas is 8th with 8 fewer commits. We will probably land around 8th to 10th in the SEC even if we keep Pruitt and lose no one.

Certainly wouldn't argue his HC record and he's young enough he'd be here for a while......just worried that he has no SEC experience and I think it is a different animal than the Big X. Specifically navigating the personnel needed to get through a brutal SEC season........however, I bet he'd start Bailey.
Doesn’t have the baggage that I’m aware of. I believe he could adapt to SEC competition easily.

Reactions: 08Vol
We dropped the ball not hiring Kiffin. He was the best available coach. It wasn’t because of how he left us before it was because of who they allowed to do the hiring. If we all know what we know now we’d just too Schiano.

We dropped the ball not hiring Kiffin. He was the best available coach. It wasn’t because of how he left us before it was because of who they allowed to do the hiring. If we all know what we know now we’d just too Schiano.
Kiffen is overrated as a HC. Only success was at Florida Athletic. He is style over substance.

Now that I think about it, Urban Meyer is also a devoted Catholic. While he could likely tolerate Florida, Urban's future is probably in South Bend or Southern California.

Kiffen is overrated as a HC. Only success was at Florida Athletic. He is style over substance.

How? In one year he took us to a 7-5 record. He made a qb that was almost as terrible as JG into an NFL draft pick. We at least tried to beat every team instead of laying on the ball and not letting a guy you continue to play lose the game single handedly.......WHICH HE STILL FINDS WAYS TO DO!

Fickel just got a 5 year extension and has young kids and deep Ohio roots.

He's likely waiting to see what happens with Ryan Day at OSU.
If anything he'd just join back up with the ohio state staff. Just like Pruitt would do with bama if he gets fired from Tennessee in the near future. Ohio is Fckels home. Thiers been some talk of him taking Harboughs spot at Michigan believe it or not...

Last edited:
Fickel would be my first pick.
It was a while back but Fickel went 6-7 as Ohio State's interim head coach in 2011 it was pretty disastrous. Especially as weak as big 10 was and the talent osu had. Definitely gives you doubts what hed do in the sec conference with schedule and recruiting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 08Vol and igotworms
At this point I'd happily take Tom Allen from Indiana. He came up with Freeze, has been in Tennessee at Lambuth, the SEC at Ole Miss and Florida at South Florida. So he should have some Southern recruiting connections. Though simply being the head coach at Tennessee opens those doors as long as you don't act like Dooley.

Allen is working miracles at Indiana. They are Big Ten Vandy level normally. He's having success there that they've not had in 25 years and signing what is for them, the best recruiting classes they've ever had. His biggest strike is somehow losing to Pruitt last year. But it's a game where we had better talent across the board and had to recover an onside kick to win.

He's not my first choice but we all know our goat rodeo coaching searches never land first choices.

At this point I'd happily take Tom Allen from Indiana. He came up with Freeze, has been in Tennessee at Lambuth, the SEC at Ole Miss and Florida at South Florida. So he should have some Southern recruiting connections. Though simply being the head coach at Tennessee opens those doors as long as you don't act like Dooley.

Allen is working miracles at Indiana. They are Big Ten Vandy level normally. He's having success there that they've not had in 25 years and signing what is for them, the best recruiting classes they've ever had. His biggest strike is somehow losing to Pruitt last year. But it's a game where we had better talent across the board and had to recover an onside kick to win.

He's not my first choice but we all know our goat rodeo coaching searches never land first choices.
I think Allen deserves serious consideration.

He's not a "star" but he's made Indiana out of spit and bailing wire compared to the rest of the B1G when it comes to recruiting.

He COULD make a career at TN.

Agree. Big 10 is tougher than the conference Cincy is in, and Allen from what I have heard has a unique way of fostering teamwork and team spirit.

As for the loss to Pruitt, let's be honest, we got lucky. (-:

Reactions: 08Vol
It doesn't really matter who we hire. If we do not win a national championship after a new coach hired for two or three years then we will want another coach. So be it. It only takes about 19 million to buy Pruitt out. Let the good times roll. We forget so quickly , nobody wanted this job when Pruitt got it. Why, pray tell, is anything different now.............do yall really think coaches are going to jump through hoops to get the Tennessee Head Coaching Job ???? Honestly, I don't !

Agree. Big 10 is tougher than the conference Cincy is in, and Allen from what I have heard has a unique way of fostering teamwork and team spirit.

As for the loss to Pruitt, let's be honest, we got lucky. (-:
Lucky? We were so much better than that team. Only thing that kept them in it was our inability to score TDs and their crazy legged qb

I'm not claiming we are now but we definitely were that game

Reactions: orangebloodforlife

VN Store

Back