Jeremy Pruit setting records at Tennessee!

JPL

1. Worst loss in program history-check (pick your poison)
2. Worst loss at home to UK in program history-check
3. First 5 game losing streak in 32 years-check.
4. Post edit to include Peter Burns quote:

Peter Burns
@PeterBurnsESPN
If this score holds, it will be 5 straight losses for Tennessee football by double digits.

That's never happened in the history of their program dating back to 1891.
8:56 PM · Nov 21, 2020

Why on earth he started JG tonight is baffling...what else does he need to see? How many losses will it take for this idiot to make a change at the QB1 position?

While were at on records. First man to run Tennessee football into the ground twice-Fulmer

Sad state of affaris on rocky top, pitiful really.

Last edited:
He sucks at strategy. You don't play the QB who gives you the best chance of winning the next game. You play the QB that gives you the chance of winning the MOST games. That isn't JG.

If I were Fulmer I would make his job contingent on starting someone other than JG for the rest of the season. This is well beyond ridiculous.

1. Worst loss in program history-check (pick your poison)
2. Worst loss at home to UK in program history-check
3. First 5 game losing streak in 32 years-check

Why on earth he started JG tonight is baffling...what else does he need to see? How many losses will it take for this idiot to make a change at the QB1 position?

While were at on records. First man to run Tennessee football into the ground twice-Fulmer

Sad state of affaris on rocky top, pitiful really.

I'm gonna quibble with your first one. Assuming you mean GSU, it was top five but not THE worst. I think Wyoming in 2008 was worse. GSU at least had a winning record and went to a bowl. I think North Texas back in the 70s might also be worse, but I wasn't around for that one. Admittedly this is all opinion anyway, but Wyoming is to me the worst loss I have seen the Vols take in terms of upset.

GSU is top five for sure, but not THE worst.

Even on 2, we lost to UK in Knoxville 55-0 in 1893. So that's just wrong. And yeah, I do know that was a long time ago, lol, but still it was worse!

Disclaimer: this is not in any way a defense of the current coaching staff or state of our program, just nitpicking

I get blaming Fulmer for hiring the guy....but to say he ran the program into the ground is just dumb. That dude cares as much about Tennesse football, if not more, than any of us. Our AD before him was a damn joke, and he came into a sh!tshow. I’d absolutely take Fulmer as a head coach right now no problem. You can blame the past 4 head coaches for running the program into the ground.

I suggested that when we hired him. He's a mercenary. If he does well it's all for him. He has no love for this place, and University that he grew up a rival of. How could he?
He’s born and bred bammer. Looks like he is doing exactly what all bammers want. Destroy our program and get paid big money to do it.

I get blaming Fulmer for hiring the guy....but to say he ran the program into the ground is just dumb. That dude cares as much about Tennesse football, if not more, than any of us. Our AD before him was a damn joke, and he came into a sh!tshow. I’d absolutely take Fulmer as a head coach right now no problem. You can blame the past 4 head coaches for running the program into the ground.
The game had passed Phil by in 2001. His success came against the Woody Woodenhoffers, Brad Scotts, and Mike Duboses of the world. He could not compete when the coaching talent in the SEC got better. He'd get his doors blown off today.

I'm gonna quibble with your first one. Assuming you mean GSU, it was top five but not THE worst. I think Wyoming in 2008 was worse. GSU at least had a winning record and went to a bowl. I think North Texas back in the 70s might also be worse, but I wasn't around for that one. Admittedly this is all opinion anyway, but Wyoming is to me the worst loss I have seen the Vols take in terms of upset.

GSU is top five for sure, but not THE worst.

Even on 2, we lost to UK in Knoxville 55-0 in 1893. So that's just wrong. And yeah, I do know that was a long time ago, lol, but still it was worse!

Disclaimer: this is not in any way a defense of the current coaching staff or state of our program, just nitpicking

Thanks for the input. I agree Wyoming was bad, one of my top 3 but for me, yet it was GA ST with UK this year a very close second. The GA ST loss was inexcusable. I've read some arguments from some respective folks arguing GA ST was actually pretty good. The size, strength and speed advantage TN had on paper, at least, makes it the worst for me. Wyoming loss was in the midst of turmoil, it was fairly well understood Fulmer was out, alot of chaos. GA ST was the start of the season, never ever should have happened but like you said just my opinion.

Let’s just flush the whole toilet beginning with the Haslem turds though Fulmer, Pruitt, Cheney and this poor student that they all told he was a quarterback.

Reactions: JPL

Thanks for your input LAVol. For me, Fulmer did a lot of good for the program up until 2001. Those close to the situation encouraged him to retire while he was on top or near the top. I hated for him to go out the way he did. That being said, he steadily took the program downward getting blown out in big games and bowl games time and again. Yes, we played in the 2001, 2004 and 2007 SEC Championship games but we lost. Nobody remembers the superbowl loser. Even 2007, everyone knew FL was the better team, they blew us out in Gainsville that year. That being said, I actually think the program would be better off today if Fulmer HAD NOT BEEN FIRED but it is what it is.

Why is it my opinion that Fulmer ran the program into the ground twice-because the Dave Clawson hire was catstrophic to the program. That hire is on Fulmer, he owns it. It set in motion a series of irreversbile events-repeated losing-resulting in his firing and the hiring of Kifin, Dooley, Jones and now Pruitt. The Pruitt hire is clearly awful. How long can we wait for Pruitt to learn, to get aggressive, to go out there and coach to win...? We are seeing an inexperienced coach, coaching scared, coaching not to lose. He does not appear to be learning. He is stubborn and he is setting BAD records. Pruit, so far is actually worse than Butch Jones (never thought I'd say that). In full disclaimer part of this is emotion and reaction but my goodness Pruitt looks like one of the worst hires we could have made and Fulmer made it!

Reactions: hexnut and tbh
I’ve said it over and over, Beldar is a gump through and through. His whole family, friends and loved ones have been gump fans their entire life. This is ingrained into them. They hate Tennessee and Beldar is right there with them. He can’t possibly put his heart into this job when he’s been raised to hate Tennessee like no other. Fulmar was an idiot to hire him.

Reactions: hexnut and sona
and if he loses out, he'll set another record. The only team in Tennessee's history with a 2 win season

Gotta want it, JP.

Reactions: joevol33
Be for real dude.
How do you explain repeatedly starting the worst qb we've had, in my lifetime anyway. Bailey in his 4-5 drives looks better than JG. He literally waits till we're done the past 2 games before even trying something else. I'm just done, he's not HC material, our whole team has gotten worse.

and if he loses out, he'll set another record. The only team in Tennessee's history with a 2 win season

Gotta want it, JP.
It's just a question of whether we can beat Vanderbilt or not, because A&M and Florida are going to beat Pruitt's prize defense into the ground until they lose all control of their bowels and go scrambling for the exit like fat spider crabs.

Reactions: hexnut

VN Store

Back