Why no change will occur.

1. 2020 is abnormal. Can’t judge by normal standards
2. $$ Tenn is almost thru paying Butch
CJPs buyout would be even bigger for 5 more years!
3. $$ Tenn is in an almost 40 million $ shortfall due to Chinese Virus, there are no funds.
4. There is no magic Booster or Boosters to come up with the $$
5. $$ to hire big time big name proven would take Big Time $$. See reasons 2-3-4
6. Last attempt at hiring made Tenn the laughing stock of America before Fulmer got there, It’s only been 3 years.. Media and Coaches / Agents not gonna be warm to another search..
7. Swallow your Pride. Tenn is not a top 20 job right now. Truth
8. It’s going to take 2 more solid too 10 recruiting classes to fix this team, change Coaches and you will start from scratch as 40% or better if roster will transfer if.. this is the one and done winter coming up.
I could easily counter every point. And I have recently. But Im at work and just dont care that much anymore.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
3. $$ Tenn is in an almost 40 million $ shortfall due to Chinese Virus, there are no funds.
5. $$ to hire big time big name proven would take Big Time $$. See reasons 2-3-4
6. Last attempt at hiring made Tenn the laughing stock of America before Fulmer got there, It’s only been 3 years.. Media and Coaches / Agents not gonna be warm to another search..
8. It’s going to take 2 more solid too 10 recruiting classes to fix this team, change Coaches and you will start from scratch as 40% or better if roster will transfer if.. this is the one and done winter coming up.
why do we need top 10 recruiting classes to compete against teams with top 30 recruiting classes?

The AD's intransigence has a lot to do with it.
For whatever reason, he's been silent as a clam on the current controversy.
Even Punxsutawney Phil shows his face every February.

Last edited:
No person on Earth can convince me that we need two more top 10 classes to compete with UK and Arkansas. That's utter nonsense. Any marginal coach could take our current talent and beat those two teams.

A solid coach wouldn't have won, but would have has us very competitive with UGA. Their offense is hot garbage.

You left out that the program is already dead and beyond resuscitation thanks to incompetence in leadership.

Maybe you are right but Muschamps firing means it could happen here especially if we finished with 2 or 3 wins.

Muschamp. It’s possible.

South Carolina firing Muschamp means zilch about our coaching situation and Pruitt’s hot seat. Just because they fired Muschamp with big buyout, that doesn’t mean we will. We have done nothing better than pay big buyouts the last decade. USC has not. It’s easy for them to get donors as a whole to fire Muschamp. That is not the case at Tennessee and will never be the case. To compare the situations because “well look how similar Muschamp’s buyout is to Pruitt’s” is not a smart argument to make.

Pruitt won’t be fired in Covid year

South Carolina firing Muschamp means zilch about our coaching situation and Pruitt’s hot seat. Just because they fired Muschamp with big buyout, that doesn’t mean we will. We have done nothing better than pay big buyouts the last decade. USC has not. It’s easy for them to get donors as a whole to fire Muschamp. That is not the case at Tennessee and will never be the case. To compare the situations because “well look how similar Muschamp’s buyout is to Pruitt’s” is not a smart argument to make.

Pruitt won’t be fired in Covid year
We have way more big donors, and billionaire boosters than SC, and alot of them aren't real happy.

We have way more big donors, and billionaire boosters than SC, and alot of them aren't real happy.

We have more boosters but uSC had more unity in their boosters to make a decision. We will never have that unity.

USC hasn’t made big buyouts for coaching terminations ever I don’t believe and Atleast not in recent history. Tennessee is nowhere close to having an appetite for paying another big buyout for the 3rd time in 8 years.

To sit here and say that USC firing Muschamp has anything to do with our state of affairs and comparable is simply dumb. Tennessee doesn’t have a magic money tree.

I just dont see it. From off field things like preparation, scheme, and player developing, to on field adjustments and play calling. (Like not kicking a field goal.
It sucks when the QB isn't good. A good QB can white wash many other problems.
I think pruitt and staff that cant come up with an offense to compete with Kentucky and arkansas is pretty pathetic.
From here its usually fire coaches to save his job for pruitt which will water down the staff even more.
The honeymoon of "im building a great team" after year 3 runs out on recruits when you lose big and often.
I just dont see pruitt turning it around.

We have more boosters but uSC had more unity in their boosters to make a decision. We will never have that unity.

USC hasn’t made big buyouts for coaching terminations ever I don’t believe and Atleast not in recent history. Tennessee is nowhere close to having an appetite for paying another big buyout for the 3rd time in 8 years.

To sit here and say that USC firing Muschamp has anything to do with our state of affairs and comparable is simply dumb. Tennessee doesn’t have a magic money tree.

Tennessee has generated $300MM more in revenue than USC over the past 15 years. The fact that USCe can make this move and we cant says something about the way we are run. The buyouts aren't even 20% of this revenue difference.

Of course, if I had the $$$$, I wouldn't want to buy Pruitt out to hire another bargain bin coach and be back at this same spot in 3-4 years...

Tennessee has been done paying butch, that money was put into an escrow account when he was fired and the payments are made out of that.

Covid isn't an excuse, see Arkansas

Fulmer is a terrible AD

Pruitt is even worse of a coach

Pruitts recruiting is mediocre by conference standards not to mention he hasn't developed any NFL talent and never mind the fact that players seem to regress under him the more they're around him.

These points are all true ^

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
But they have $12 million to continue drilling a dry hole? Continued losing isn’t going to result in “2 more solid recruiting classes”. Then what do you have? A bad losing head coach who can’t recruit. Hmmmmmm

Literally everything you said would require a magic booster to pony up 25-30 million dollars. It ain’t happening. South Carolina had easier way to do it since it’s hasn’t been playing musical chairs with insane buyouts for 6 years.

When you answered “there is but politics at play”, the rest of your answers literally are baseless
Literally?
You sure?

This question is not only directed at this post, but the many others read lately. WHY ARE WE SUDDENLY COMPARING OURSELVES TO S CAR.?? HAVE WE GIVEN UP USING SUCCESSVUL PROGRAMS AS MEASURING STICKS???

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I really have no idea if Pruitt will be fired and I don't know that it would help all that much if he was. It will take a booster willing to spend about 30 million bucks to get rid of him and hire another guy. I don't know any of the boosters with that kind of money so I have no idea what they are thinking. I have to assume these boosters are the same guys that have been involved in hiring the last 3 coaches so why would they suddenly change their philosophy about hiring coaches and get a good one? When people say "we can't afford to keep him" or "we can't afford to fire him" they seem to be missing a key point. We have very little say in that right now. There are a handful of boosters who actually have a say and I am certainly not one of those people. We can't even make a point by not going to the games because no one is there any way. Whether he will be fired is in the hands of a hand full of people with an abysmal record of hiring good football coaches.

Yeah but if this team goes 2-8 and the fan apathy continue to rise you put next year's ticket sales and revenue at risk. We could possibly put ourselves in a worst situation USC knows their fans will sit home if the product on the field suck

Tennessee has a much better income stream than South Carolina and any buyout can be offset by the increased revenue that will come thru optimism and results. He would pay for himself in just a few years.

If you hire Freeze I think that you would get both, but if your going to go the dollar store route again I would say hold on to Pruitt and hope that he rights the ship before going thru another circus trip of a coaching search.

Pruitt was obviously doing some things right at the end of last year.. we saw glimpses of good growth and coaching, I think Pruitt get another year at least to right the ship... there is a built in legit excuse with covid as well, players have looked out of shape.

Pruitt was obviously doing some things right at the end of last year.. we saw glimpses of good growth and coaching, I think Pruitt get another year at least to right the ship... there is a built in legit excuse with covid as well, players have looked out of shape.

Lol

COVID is not an excuse since every team was dealing with the relatively same circumstances

VN Store

Back