'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

For all saying that you can't let Pruitt and company go because of recruits, here you've got a declaration that you likely won't even get certain prospects if you keep Pruitt and company because of the on the field product.

Sadness, madness, and apathy are ever present for the current UT football fan.
Yup. Not that recruits should take precedence over a great HC hire...but this is a great point too and is also based in history.

We saw Butch's recruiting nosedive too as he lost his inflection point games...2016 class was down...then 2017 was a total disaster of a class. Same will happen with Pruitt. Can't sell hope/future when you're bombing by 30 against your rivals and even losing against bottom tier teams.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Out of all this, my biggest disappointment is the last 2 coaches could possibly cost us two game changing recruits at arguably the most important position on the field. We already lost out on Trevor Lawrence, which we now see how good he is, and now we could quite possibly lose out on Ty. I know we have no idea how good he will be in college, but the potential is there. I know we will never know what our team would have looked like with Trevor, but I feel very confident it would not be what we have today. Great QB's bring great players with them and that will change a team quickly. Having two Qb's of this quality in our backyard, grow up TN fans, and yet have them choose another college is beyond disappointing. Maybe something will change for the better but after 15 years, I am very skeptical. That light we see at the end of the tunnel isn't the end, it's the train about to hit us in the face and set us back again.

Rant over...

Out of all this, my biggest disappointment is the last 2 coaches could possibly cost us two game changing recruits at arguably the most important position on the field. We already lost out on Trevor Lawrence, which we now see how good he is, and now we could quite possibly lose out on Ty. I know we have no idea how good he will be in college, but the potential is there. I know we will never know what our team would have looked like with Trevor, but I feel very confident it would not be what we have today. Great QB's bring great players with them and that will change a team quickly. Having two Qb's of this quality in our backyard, grow up TN fans, and yet have them choose another college is beyond disappointing. Maybe something will change for the better but after 15 years, I am very skeptical. That light we see at the end of the tunnel isn't the end, it's the train about to hit us in the face and set us back again.

Rant over...
we arent going to lose on Ty man. come on.

get some rest.

we arent going to lose on Ty man. come on.

get some rest.
Like your optimism and hope your right but with our product on the field, not sure why he would want to come here. Trevor didn't buy what Butch was selling and not sure Pruitt has anything different to sell.
In the end, you probably know a lot more about recruiting than me so I'll see my way out and keep the faith. We are on the same team when it's all said and done.

Like your optimism and hope your right but with our product on the field, not sure why he would want to come here. Trevor didn't buy what Butch was selling and not sure Pruitt has anything different to sell.
In the end, you probably know a lot more about recruiting than me so I'll see my way out and keep the faith. We are on the same team when it's all said and done.
its all good man. tons of cruits have paid to visit. right now, we're good. beyond that I have no clue.

plenty of time with this kid i think. so i'm not sure i'd say we're fading. even if we are, better to do it now with time on our side.

that said.......it'd be nice to show a pulse......soon.

Reactions: volfaninpa
200.gif

How often do kids choose baseball? Seems like they'd rather give football a shot knowing the clout that comes with it before they fully commit to baseball.
Chris Weinke, Joe Maurer, and didn't Chad Kelly commit to or was going to commit to Fulmer, but picked baseball.

To your point, I know Kyler Murray picked football.

If we're talking UT, I expect Simpson to go to Bama beat UT all 3 years he plays, be the #1 pick in the NFL draft while Sam Horn commits to UT, but selects baseball over coming here and somehow, someway JG is still UT's quarterback through the end of the decade. My BVS is strong right now.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
Chris Weinke, Joe Maurer, and didn't Chad Kelly commit to or was going to commit to Fulmer, but picked baseball.

To your point, I know Kyler Murray picked football.

If we're talking UT, I expect Simpson to go to Bama beat UT all 3 years he plays, be the #1 pick in the NFL draft while Sam Horn commits to UT, but selects baseball over coming here and somehow, someway JG is still UT's quarterback through the end of the decade. My BVS is strong right now.

Back in the day it was the norm, but kids don't grow up today wanting to be the next Verlander, etc as bad as they want to be the next Pat Mahomes.

Reactions: GojiraVol17

VN Store

Back