Why are so many Vol fans against Coach Pruitt all of the sudden?

Your question is a perfect example. The original question was about fans, not the team.
Question: Why are so many Vol fans against Coach Pruitt all of the sudden?

macrovol: Because fans (fanatics) operate on emotion rather than logic, just like most voters.

I guess I missed the point. You make perfect sense🤔🙄

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
I am convinced our QB situation isn't ALL of our problems, but let's say that it is for arguments sake. By most accounts, we didn't push very hard to get JT Daniel and he ended up sitting on the bench at Georgia. Since CJP knew, or should have known, that we needed an upgrade at QB, why didn't we try a lot harder for his services? I am not asking why we lost the recruiting battle to Georgia, but rather, why didn't we try harder? It is almost like the coaches don't recognize QB talent or lack thereof.

Remember, Michael Phenix Jr. Had already committed to the Vols when Pruitt was hired, but we let him go because he either wasn't good enough or didn't fit our system. He is doing just fine at Indiana this year.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Because he got beat by Kentucky and Arkansas... Teams we had an advantage over when he was hired. Teams we remained better than during Pruitt's first two seasons. Losing to them is bad. It's a sign of taking a step back. Not good when you're trying to rebuild.

Also, his unwillingness to build for the future with Harrison Bailey is extremely frustrating.

Pruitt gets it.

Gets what? Many of us "against him" are merely pushing back against those that keep insisting he is "the guy" despite the evidence so far. He'll get his 5 years barring something like a winless season next year; but a good chunk of us expected more at this point and that's hardly unfair.

Also, it's hardly "all of a sudden".

But Pruitt won 8 games last year including a bowl game.
So what. Name one good team he beat.
You can beat teams 100 through 108 an have a 9 win streak but all that really means for sure is you might be the 99th best team.
His overall record, the eye test , the stats, decisions he makes all indicate he doesn’t get it.

Easy! We keep losing and no significant changes have been made. JG has been as inconsistent as the weather and this pattern has remained throughout his college career. Its easy to see "for most of us" that JG's stats and play will never be at a top level b/c he cannot handle pressure and convert third downs. Pruitt's coaching as of late and JG's play do not pass the eye test. Do not continue to travel down the same road and expect to reach a different destination. We need to see improvement to be on board! Period!

Reactions: Chippo
1. impatience
2. Take a pill..all is fixed.
3. Money is no object...unless it is theirs.

I am still on the fence on JP but the wind is blowing strong and I am leaning mucho!!

Better show some improvement these next four games or I am about to be blown off the fence! I still have hope, but maybe it's just desperation. I still want to believe.

I still feel it is more on Chaney, Weinke, and Friend not doing their jobs. I will back Pruitt another year if he sheds a couple of these guys and starts HB next season.

Reactions: maryvillenative
Pruitt gets it.

giphy.gif

Question: Why are so many Vol fans against Coach Pruitt all of the sudden?
[VIDEO=]
macrovol: Because fans (fanatics) operate on emotion rather than logic[/VIDEO], just like most voters.

I guess I missed the point. You make perfect sense🤔🙄
It is logical for the fans to be against Pruitt.
UT pays millions to coaches to WIN games and be COMPETITIVE against all teams in the SEC and all of college football.
The last coach was fired because he wasn’t, and Pruitt was hired. 3 years later we are no more competitive than when he was hired.
Logic says he is not going to be what they expected or are paying for.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
So what. Name one good team he beat.
You can beat teams 100 through 108 an have a 9 win streak but all that really means for sure is you might be the 99th best team.
His overall record, the eye test , the stats, decisions he makes all indicate he doesn’t get it.
I said all this at the end of last season. I got roasted on this forum.
It was true, then and now.
Cornbread should have been sent back to Wee Little Nicky after the GA ST game last year.
Fulmer should have been sent home after giving the raise and extension as a reward for losing to GA ST.
Winning streak my butt.

VN Store

Back