Tommy Tuberville details how Ronnie Brown, Carnell Williams flipped Tennessee commitments to Auburn

Former Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville discusses how he flipped Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams from Tennessee to Auburn.

Tommy Tuberville details how Ronnie Brown, Carnell Williams flipped Tennessee commitments to Auburn
I think this unaltered quote from the article is how programs show a recruit they are all in:

“We ju$t begged him to come — finally I $aid ‘Carnell, at lea$t let me come $ee you and vi$it with you’. He $aid ‘OK, Coach, I’ll $ee you Monday afternoon, after $chool.’ I took every coach with me — boy$ we are loading up.

I think this unaltered quote from the article is how programs show a recruit they are all in:

“We ju$t begged him to come — finally I $aid ‘Carnell, at lea$t let me come $ee you and vi$it with you’. He $aid ‘OK, Coach, I’ll $ee you Monday afternoon, after $chool.’ I took every coach with me — boy$ we are loading up.
Yup. I see he’s already developed the politicians penchant for lying. lol

tenor.gif

Now we know how he got the name Cadillac.

Tubberville will do all right in the U.S. Senate, junior senator for Alabama will come out three times richer than he was when he got there, doesn't say much for qualifications and work experience to be a Senator, but it might just be a thing unique to lower Alabama

Reactions: Orange defense
Not getting those two was the beginning of the end for PF. Our bagmen got outbid.
We had a stable full of stud running backs every year in the 90s.

These days you have to have stud WRs every class that can get the ball. And someone to throw it to them. The Hornblower and Mr Orange pants recruited WR better that we have with Pruitt.

Can someone explain why we hired a defensive coordinator as HC.
We are stuck in the 90s.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
Tubberville will do all right in the U.S. Senate, junior senator for Alabama will come out three times richer than he was when he got there, doesn't say much for qualifications and work experience to be a Senator, but it might just be a thing unique to lower Alabama
The same guy that doesn't even know the 3 branches of government?

I suppose this is a new route to Congress. Used to be law and bidness; now it’s the coaching route. smh

Finest government money can buy.

We ended up w a "loaded" stable of RBs that year. Keldrick Williams(bust), Derrick Tinsley(decent), Jabari Davis(overrated), and Cedrick Houston(Good but had unknown med issue discovered later). AU ended up with the 2 of this high rated group of 6, who were both AA level for multiple years. :-\ This was one of the major recruiting losses that started Phil's slide. Later there was the Patrick Willis debacle.

We ended up w a "loaded" stable of RBs that year. Keldrick Williams(bust), Derrick Tinsley(decent), Jabari Davis(overrated), and Cedrick Houston(Good but had unknown med issue discovered later). AU ended up with the 2 of this high rated group of 6, who were both AA level for multiple years. :-\ This was one of the major recruiting losses that started Phil's slide. Later there was the Patrick Willis debacle.
Patrick Willis...still cringe when I think he would have come to Knoxville. Beginning of the end for CPF.:(

45e4c3960db3ab3f3d70020f5b7b2670.gif

VN Store

Back