Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Curious myself... If she does that’s a lot of back court bodies and i say let the cream rise to the top but i can’t say i don’t forswe some type of transfers especially if people like Keke Mckinney stay with that extra year next year. It’s a good dilemma to have but Elzy will have to find some minutes. I can’t see Howard really resting if it’s not a blow out... I see her and patterson averaging at least 25-30 min a game. Playing time is gonna be tight but that’s going to breed competition. just like i hope it does for our ladies.

Keke staying wouldn't be a problem. That's actually good because she would provide more post depth. If Patterson stayed another year, and she very well could because she really has only 1 solid semester of college ball under her belt, I could see some of the less heralded guards (Blair Green and the freshmen not named Treasure Hunt) looking elsewhere...and I think that Elzy wouldn't mind having Patterson for another year. The perfect setup for UK would be Patterson/Massengill at PG, Howard/Hunt/Benton combining for SG/SF, McKinney (also playing some SF)/Edwards (also playing some C) at PF, and Owens/6'3 freshman at C. The rest of them would be secondary to this main rotation.

If Rennia stays for Tennessee next year, that would make roster management interesting.

Keke staying wouldn't be a problem. That's actually good because she would provide more post depth. If Patterson stayed another year, and she very well could because she really has only 1 solid semester of college ball under her belt, I could see some of the less heralded guards (Blair Green and the freshmen not named Treasure Hunt) looking elsewhere...and I think that Elzy wouldn't mind having Patterson for another year. The perfect setup for UK would be Patterson/Massengill at PG, Howard/Hunt/Benton combining for SG/SF, McKinney (also playing some SF)/Edwards (also playing some C) at PF, and Owens/6'3 freshman at C. The rest of them would be secondary to this main rotation.

If Rennia stays for Tennessee next year, that would make roster management interesting.

it would be interesting. i’m excited to see how this year shakes out. I think there is going to be things no one saw coming and some surprises.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Won’t be shocked if either Benton or Massengill end up transferring again. From the looks of the UK website they aren’t expecting a waiver. So I don’t think they applied for one. Both of their profiles say they will be sitting 2020-2021 due to transfer rules. They are going to be very guard heavy the next few seasons. With the coaching change and all the added guards, plus the possibility of Patterson staying another year I think one of them goes elsewhere.

Won’t be shocked if either Benton or Massengill end up transferring again. From the looks of the UK website they aren’t expecting a waiver. So I don’t think they applied for one. Both of their profiles say they will be sitting 2020-2021 due to transfer rules. They are going to be very guard heavy the next few seasons. With the coaching change and all the added guards, plus the possibility of Patterson staying another year I think one of them goes elsewhere.
There's an article a few posts up that says that Benton got a waiver approved for this season. Unless there was something weird going on at Auburn, I would think Massengill would get one as well. They could probably use her even more.

I don't think being "guard heavy" matters to the ones who are the elite guards on the team. Massengill and Benton aren't the ones who should be worried, unless they expect to play 30 min/game.

She did have a great haul. If winning provides a boost her Non conference schedule should def help this season with her team she should be 5-0. The tell tale sign will be if she can have a better conference record than 7-11. If she continues to improve on that she will be going in the right direction. I can def see improvement with this years class and next.

The Fla St. coach is also sitting out this year so that may shake up the ACC some as well.

I would have loved to see TN and UNC play this year! I bet there is a UT/Duke game in the near future maybe with the Key sisters we will get a UT/UNC game.
we were supposed to play a series with UNC this season but UNC cancelled it!!!

She seems to be a good tactician so if Kellie and TN played her and her team this year who would you have winning that game ? let’s say a neutral court... I ask you about this because you seem to follow/enjoy NC.

I am interesting also to see how ND and UNC match up with fresh blood in the coaching pipelines.

Good question UNC do have a good 2020 fr class and most of them will play but look for Malu Tshitenge, Watts, and Bailey to lead the way. Now come 2021 that UNC will be a force. I also by watching her play Teonni at 6-4 6-5 will start. I could be wrong but to me to beat a like UConn, SC, Baylor. You will need to not only match them in height, But in athletic ability to. Correct if i`m wrong SC don`t shoot lights out. They just beat you with there athletic ability and cleaning of the glass. I don`t follow UNC i just watched the KEY sisters in HS. As for ND they are another team that`s upcoming with a lot of talent, Now can they beat UConn or SC i don`t think so because they don`t matchup well against them.

I’m always so impressed with your knowledge of other teams. Appreciate your sharing it here.

Thanks, I watch a lot of games. The one-and-done nature of men's college basketball has me watching more women's games because I can at least get to know who the players are.

A to the men on that
one and done has turned me away from the men's game and I hope it isn't the future of women's game with the W

O1hLX2.gif

VN Store

Back