Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Also let`s not for get about 6-2 Victaria Saxton she is a baller and is very hard to keep her off the glass. I don`t see any of our wing players keeping her of the glass. Note player to watch is 6-1 fr Sg Eniya Russell she can flat out play.

I love the way Saxton plays. She doesn't score a lot, but she is a pure hustle player who is fun to watch.

Don't know anything about Eniya. They probably won't need her much this year with Henderson, Cooke, Littleton getting most of the minutes at PG/SG, but it's nice to have options.

No hater. Just a realist. Several reasons why your comment was ridiculous.

1. There were games against AAC caliber teams and even worse where she scored in single digits. Appalachian State, USC Upstate, Clemson, Washington State, Temple.

2. She would either have to shoot more, play more minutes or shoot better in those fantasy AAC games. Maybe a little better shooting percentage but even that is questionable.

No, not a hater, just a logical.

On the other hand, you are a huge homer. That’s ok, I am the same with Rutgers.

Every single one of those games from your first point were played in November as December. Without a reasonable doubt she could’ve averaged near that total being that her scoring picked up in conference play. Had she played on any AAC team other that possibly UConn she likely would’ve been the #1 option, where she would have the free reign to take more shots. You also forgot neglected the fact that she scored more points against tougher teams as the season went on.

No doubt she will average more points this year with more opportunities to score so we’ll see if that statement is ridiculous then.

Well anyone could inflate a play as much as they want, but the game is played on the court. Certainly, even a great play will be taken out or throttled back if the score is too out of hand. The most embarrassing claim was Dawn "claiming" a national title last year when many thought it was Oregon's year. Regardless, everyone knows on paper does not translate to on the court which is why they play the game. Years ago, in football, they would award the National Title by a committee and it was a joke. Unless you win it on the field, it will not be recognized by people.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Every single one of those games from your first point were played in November as December. Without a reasonable doubt she could’ve averaged near that total being that her scoring picked up in conference play. Had she played on any AAC team other that possibly UConn she likely would’ve been the #1 option, where she would have the free reign to take more shots. You also forgot neglected the fact that she scored more points against tougher teams as the season went on.

No doubt she will average more points this year with more opportunities to score so we’ll see if that statement is ridiculous then.

9 against Georgia
8 against that powerhouse Ole Miss
10 against Vanderbilt
11 against Florida
5 against Texas A&M
2 against Georgia

Those were end of January, February and March.

There plenty of doubt she could have averaged 20 PPG. Well, except in your mind.

My comments were based on if South Carolina was in the AAC, not just Cooke on some random team. I thought that is what you were saying. If she was on an AAC team where she was the main scoring threat, she could have averaged more points For sure. But there were only 12 players in the entire country that averaged 20+ points per game. It’s just not that easy. Rutgers’ Arella Guirantes is one of them.

We have been talking about her play last year so how she does as a sophomore (year older and probably more mature in her game) is irrelevant. South Carolina loses 25.2 PPG from last year. Cooke will have to help pick up that slack. She is capable to Just that.

lastly, in no way am I trying to denigrate Cooke. She is a terrific player.

9 against Georgia
8 against that powerhouse Ole Miss
10 against Vanderbilt
11 against Florida
5 against Texas A&M
2 against Georgia

Those were end of January, February and March.

There plenty of doubt she could have averaged 20 PPG. Well, except in your mind.

My comments were based on if South Carolina was in the AAC, not just Cooke on some random team. I thought that is what you were saying. If she was on an AAC team where she was the main scoring threat, she could have averaged more points For sure. But there were only 12 players in the entire country that averaged 20+ points per game. It’s just not that easy. Rutgers’ Arella Guirantes is one of them.

We have been talking about her play last year so how she does as a sophomore (year older and probably more mature in her game) is irrelevant. South Carolina loses 25.2 PPG from last year. Cooke will have to help pick up that slack. She is capable to Just that.

lastly, in no way am I trying to denigrate Cooke. She is a terrific player.

This was my point. Also point out the minutes she played in those games where she scored less than 10 points. Goes back to my OP of SC’s bench where she didn’t have to play as many minutes or score as much and she probably will this year. Anyway besides that I was point out the fact that the elite P5 players would have a much easier time in conferences such as the AAC, Big East, or MAC.

This was my point. Also point out the minutes she played in those games where she scored less than 10 points. Goes back to my OP of SC’s bench where she didn’t have to play as many minutes or score as much and she probably will this year. Anyway besides that I was point out the fact that the elite P5 players would have a much easier time in conferences such as the AAC, Big East, or MAC.
In games where she scored under 10 points she averaged 23 MPG in those games. Around 3 minutes less per game than her average.

Big Deal.

The Big East was just behind the ACC and the SEC in the RPI standings. Don't lump them with the lower ranked conference. And add in UConn and the Big East might jump over both conferences this year.

The Big East was just behind the ACC and the SEC in the RPI standings. Don't lump them with the lower ranked conference. And add in UConn and the Big East might jump over both conferences this year.

Unlikely. The other teams in the BE are more likely to suffer because of the UConn juggernaut. They'll still place 2...maybe 3 max teams in the NCAAT compared to the ACC and SEC which will have around 5-6 teams each.

Speaking of BEast vs. SEC...I'm really looking forward to the UConn/MSST early game. Great opportunity for a top 5 matchup right off the bat!

Unlikely. The other teams in the BE are more likely to suffer because of the UConn juggernaut. They'll still place 2...maybe 3 max teams in the NCAAT compared to the ACC and SEC which will have around 5-6 teams each.

Speaking of BEast vs. SEC...I'm really looking forward to the UConn/MSST early game. Great opportunity for a top 5 matchup right off the bat!

I’m just talking about RPI. Even in losing two their two games the other teams will have a higher RPI than they would have without playing UConn. And the conference will have a higher RPI just by having UConn in the conference.

It’s just math.

I wasn’t talking about how many get into the tournament. You are correct in that assessment.

I’m looking forward to that game too. But I’m looking forward to any damn game.

In games where she scored under 10 points she averaged 23 MPG in those games. Around 3 minutes less per game than her average.

Big Deal.

I don’t think so. Both the SEC and ACC will both beg better conferences this year.

Tar Heels ink nation's second-best 2021 recruiting class

Bangert is out recruiting Kelly.
TN should be able to match NC
Hope we over perform this year. Winning is the biggest boost to recruiting. I'm not sure how Bangert is doing so well? Good for her.

She did have a great haul. If winning provides a boost her Non conference schedule should def help this season with her team she should be 5-0. The tell tale sign will be if she can have a better conference record than 7-11. If she continues to improve on that she will be going in the right direction. I can def see improvement with this years class and next.

The Fla St. coach is also sitting out this year so that may shake up the ACC some as well.

I would have loved to see TN and UNC play this year! I bet there is a UT/Duke game in the near future maybe with the Key sisters we will get a UT/UNC game.

Reactions: mcannon1
Tar Heels ink nation's second-best 2021 recruiting class

Bangert is out recruiting Kelly.
TN should be able to match NC
Hope we over perform this year. Winning is the biggest boost to recruiting. I'm not sure how Bangert is doing so well? Good for her.

I will agree she is out recruiting Kelly. And ending up with the #2 class is big. And to add the four players let by Teonni can all can flat out play.

I will agree she is out recruiting Kelly. And ending up with the #2 class is big. And to add the four players let by Teonni can all can flat out play.

She seems to be a good tactician so if Kellie and TN played her and her team this year who would you have winning that game ? let’s say a neutral court... I ask you about this because you seem to follow/enjoy NC.

I am interesting also to see how ND and UNC match up with fresh blood in the coaching pipelines.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Kentucky will be damn good this season!

I wonder if Massengill will get a waiver too?

Curious myself... If she does that’s a lot of back court bodies and i say let the cream rise to the top but i can’t say i don’t forswe some type of transfers especially if people like Keke Mckinney stay with that extra year next year. It’s a good dilemma to have but Elzy will have to find some minutes. I can’t see Howard really resting if it’s not a blow out... I see her and patterson averaging at least 25-30 min a game. Playing time is gonna be tight but that’s going to breed competition. just like i hope it does for our ladies.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back