Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true and I’m not saying it isn’t but if it is I don’t know why people would think it far fetched an 8 game losing streak to end the year and losing to Vandy and Ky wouldn’t get him fired this year.
The biggest concern from that story, again not saying it isn’t true, is that fulmer would actually think him stepping in was a good idea. This is exactly the reason I hope Peyton never has an official coaching gig here. You can absolutely ruin your legacy by terrible decisions or poor performance. I bet penny regrets taking that Memphis job.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Hubbs added some fuel to the fire. In Monday night chat someone asked if the HC job were open this year would Freeze be pursued and Hubbs said “I wouldn’t rule it out.” 👀
Ron, I know you know this, so I’ll just put it out there for everyone else.

Put the Freeze stuff to the side for a second.

If Pruitt were safe, Brent Hubbs would throw cold water on any sort of coaching search talk. We know that about him.

The fact he’s entertaining these rumors at all is a big tell.

See my previous post.

Besides, didn't the VQ guys very recently say there was nothing going on with Freeze/Tennessee?

Just saying, if a common sense answer to a hypothetical is the juciest thing to come out of the Monday Night Chat, I'd want some of my 9.95 back.
Lately it seems if VQ says something isn't happening, it probably is.

If Pruitt were safe, Brent Hubbs would throw cold water on any sort of coaching search talk. We know that about him.

Coaching search rumors are good for business, if you’re VQ.

If you’re hoping for a coaching change, prepare to be disappointed.

It’s a big tell because Hubbs draws a paycheck from the UTAD and the Vol Network. He isn’t going to risk that to be critical of the coaching staff/university until he gets the green light to do so.

Coaching search rumors are good for business, if you’re VQ.

If you’re hoping for a coaching change, prepare to be disappointed.
While certainly being good for the brand, they went through great lengths to protect Butch from these rumors for weeks and weeks before giving up.

Nothing is a guarantee, but this thing is tilting one way.

But none of that is happening at this point. The games the rest of the season are sold out to the extent that they can be and there are about 35,000 season tickets that are already paid for in 2021. The biggest players in Tennessee's 2021 class have reaffirmed their commitments. No indication they've lost the locker room.

Certainly, based on results, anything could happen after the 2021 season. But there's zero chance you see a change before then. Most people saw this as a 4-year project when Pruitt was hired coming off the worst season in UT history. Year four will be very important, but he's getting the fourth year no matter how much we piss and moan on here or on Twitter.

DeerPark saying he's here through next year even if we lose out. Claims there is already 35,000 season tickets sold for next year, and the '21 recruits reaffirming their commits is also a driving factor. I'm about to check out for a few years.

You won’t. This is a sickness. We’re all infected.

Bleeding orange isn’t always a good thing but you’ll be here week in, week out like the rest of us.

DeerPark saying he's here through next year even if we lose out. Claims there is already 35,000 season tickets sold for next year, and the '21 recruits reaffirming their commits is also a driving factor. I'm about to check out for a few years.

No offense to DeerPark, but he’s out of his mind if he thinks Pruitt survives 2-8 with 8 straight losses, including Vanderbilt.

DeerPark has legitimate sources. But wait til you see what happens when Florida drags us across the field to end the season.

And my god, if we make a decision based on one class of recruits AGAIN, we've learned nothing.

You won’t. This is a sickness. We’re all infected.

Bleeding orange isn’t always a good thing but you’ll be here week in, week out like the rest of us.
Idk man. This is the first time in my life where I don't mind to go to a wedding, birthday party, vacation, etc. during the UT games. I can't even tell you what time the auburn game is off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back