TN native Akira Levy enters tranfer portal

Lots of red flags there. Did she even play a game for Vandy?

I remember her being a pretty good player, but I can see a lot of coaches thinking she's not worth the hassle.

Nope. She never played a game for Vandy. She came for a visit and passed on us so I think that ship has sailed. Especially since we've gotten JoJo and Miles coming in next year. We will see. Thought she chose Vandy to be back in Tennessee but who knows with her.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Nope. She never played a game for Vandy. She came for a visit and passed on us so I think that ship has sailed. Especially since we've gotten JoJo and Miles coming in next year. We will see. Thought she chose Vandy to be back in Tennessee but who knows with her.

Did she pass on us or was it the other way around? or was it mutual? if you remember she was a bit mouthy when TN played Mizzu and the Porter young lady had to grab her and tell her to stop it.

I thought someone on here said there was some interest but it fizzled between both parties because the team wasn’t really feeling her... I know she visited i just thought neither party were feeling each other lol

Did she pass on us or was it the other way around? or was it mutual? if you remember she was a bit mouthy when TN played Mizzu and the Porter young lady had to grab her and tell her to stop it.

I thought someone on here said there was some interest but it fizzled between both parties because the team wasn’t really feeling her... I know she visited i just thought neither party were feeling each other lol
Not a huge loss IMO. Last thing you want is a locker room cancer.

She went there for a year, didn't play, and is already shopping for another school. I wouldn't say no to a PG...but wouldn't say yes to this particular one.
I forgot she started out there so she may be more suited for Middle as they don't mind taking players that have had some adjustment problems

Lots of red flags there. Did she even play a game for Vandy?

I remember her being a pretty good player, but I can see a lot of coaches thinking she's not worth the hassle.

this unfortunately seems to be a theme for too many TN girls,,,one that should be addressed

I remember her having an especially bad attitude and showing poor sportsmanship during a Mizzou game I caught a couple years ago. Which doesn't surprise me given the school. Hopefully she turns it around at her new destination.

Reactions: sccshortstop
this unfortunately seems to be a theme for too many TN girls,,,one that should be addressed
I was reading somewhere that she has some off-the-court issues she is dealing with, so it might not be character related. I take back my harsh criticism.

Not sure what you mean by "theme for Tennessee girls". Anastasia seemed to have a bit of an attitude, but there have been a whole slew in recent years that seem to be upstanding people. Whole lot more good apples than rotten ones.

Vandy is a mess. White has to be out after this season. I do think Levy has some discipline issues, I’m guessing she ends up at MTSU as well. What did the tweet actually say? It’s been deleted now.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
I believe she saw the writing on the wall, Missouri 2 five stars who will be freshmen next year. It is a good chance, she would be moving further down the bench. I think she will be a very good pick up for the LV's. She is a little out of control driving to the hoop, however, a good coach can straighten this out.

Akira left Missouri long ago and transferred to Vanderbilt. She sat out last year and would be eligible to play for the Commodores this year but has decided to enter the portal instead.

She left Mizzou because their style of play didn't suit her game. She is a bit undisciplined, but excels at slashing to the basket and is a nightmare for anyone she defends man to man. She is quick, agile, feisty, a real spark plug and liked by her teammates. Mizzou might have made a little more noise in the Tourney two years ago if she hadn't been lost to injury.

I don't know why she's leaving Vandy, but I know this kid wants to play a lot of minutes on a team that features quick play.

Vanderbilt basketball: Missouri transfer Akira Levy enters transfer portal

Reactions: Mr. Doo Wop
Vandy is a mess. White has to be out after this season. I do think Levy has some discipline issues, I’m guessing she ends up at MTSU as well. What did the tweet actually say? It’s been deleted now.

Yes, but they beat Kentucky last year and played us close at home.

She was a piss poor choice at the get go and that whole athletic department is a sh show after sending the last mens coach up the road without having time to turn it around and the baseball coach is the jewell of the department!

She was a piss poor choice at the get go and that whole athletic department is a sh show after sending the last mens coach up the road without having time to turn it around and the baseball coach is the jewell of the department!
Do you know the reasons behind the coach being let go? Also, I watched her play as a freshman and she played well. Her loss hurt Mizzou last season. However, I was not aware she had an attitude problem. That's too bad.

Do you know the reasons behind the coach being let go? Also, I watched her play as a freshman and she played well. Her loss hurt Mizzou last season. However, I was not aware she had an attitude problem. That's too bad.
To clarify i was referring to the head women basketball coach not the young lady!!

Levi’s game is a slasher and penetrating. She is hard to keep in front of ! But anything past ten feet she cannot hit constantly. I don’t know her stats but watched her for 3 years in state tournaments.
I think her attitude came from the coaches teaching at Missouri. Falling down in front of players trying to draw fouls and being aggressive on fouling and complaining if you got whistled for a foul ! Darth would be all over this kid as one dimensional 😁.

Similar to Jasmine but opposit on offensive game . Both handle the ball well but one is an outside player and one going to the goal ! JMO

She is listed at 5’8” but ..... NOT.

I don’t see Kelly after this type of player when you look at the skill sets of the last 4 or 5 recruits! As usual. JMO

To clarify i was referring to the head women basketball coach not the young lady!!
I was not aware the head women's basketball coach was let go. We did not hear about it here in St. Louis and news like that is usually covered by the St. Louis press.

first time on this board that three St Louis fans responded in a row. (called Trivia) moved here 14 years ago from Knoxville

also trivia she sang the National Althem several times at Missouri Athletic Events including women BB

VN Store

Back