Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see any scenario where Pruitt remains on this staff as anything but a head coach. Why would he want to be the DC at Tennessee when he could be the DC at Bama and compete for a National Championship every year?

I don't think he would and I don't think we'd want him. I was just trying to create some plausible scenario that got him replaced and still fit LA's criteria of not "cleaning house." I should have put the whole thing in blue font.

I do think based on watching him that he may have reached the conclusion he does not want to be a head coach any longer. But realizing that and admitting that publicly and doing something about it are two different things.

Reactions: Batman1948
2018 was the numbers they had. They won’t have 2020 until next year.

UT had a deficit in 2018.
That they paid from a reserve. We have money. We could find the money to hire Hugh Freeze and probably make it back all next year when we go to Atlanta.

Last edited:
I’ve been seeing a lot of infatuation with Osovet. Since he has been on staff we haven’t really seen any influence of the RPO. Given we can’t really do too much with given our QB situation, but I think we would have at least seen a little sprinkle of spread influence or some small sets to install to create mismatches, but we haven’t really seen that. Can some share their thoughts on him?

Simple, imo. The Hogs had a lot better QB than UT does and they made halftime adjustments, apparently we didn't. Doesn't matter what year the head coaches are in, those 2 things will win u a lot of games against teams like UT

Yep. We can’t recruit/develop QBs. We can’t make adjustments or make the wrong ones. We can’t win even with superior talent. Tells us all we need to know.

Reactions: The Dog and Vols4us
I’ve been seeing a lot of infatuation with Osovet. Since he has been on staff we haven’t really seen any influence of the RPO. Given we can’t really do too much with given our QB situation, but I think we would have at least seen a little sprinkle of spread influence or some small sets to install to create mismatches, but we haven’t really seen that. Can some share their thoughts on him?
Just google some of his videos when he was the head coach in JUCO. You will be amazed at his thought process of running an offense. He's not gonna influence our offense, in his current position, on our staff. This is his first year as an on field coach for us.

Hugh would kill it at UT or AU imo. Proven he can slay the giant (Bama) and pulled 4-5 star recruits in one class at OM, would recruit great at either school imo.
Those 4 and 5 star recruits were bought and paid for and that came back to bite Ole Miss. His arrogance was on full display when he beat Bama two years in a row and the NCAA came calling. I would hope he's gotten wiser and toned down the arrogance after his Ole Miss troubles. I guess time will tell. I'd still like to see him here though.

Reactions: OrangenSC
My alma mater South Doyle is playing at David Crockett tonight in 2nd round of playoffs. Up 7-0 already caused Prince Kollie to fumble once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back