Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The simple, most sad yet hilarious thing is that Pruitt could lead this team to a 2-8 finish but as long as he played Bailey everyone would say, "hey, its cool, we are getting him reps for the future, we get it, we'll take our lumps now." Its so easy. The fans would give him a hall pass ,no problem and yet he won't take it. In a year that I don't care what anyone says, does not count. Everyone sees the caveat whether they care to admit it or not. The Dodgers won the world series but we all see the asterisk.

Why play a guy that is universally hated and lose the fanbase, the team, your job security when you could just get the freshman reps he desperately needs?

We are in a simulation, that is the only explanation.

I know it's all been discussed to death. Blah Blah. Fire Chaney, play Bailey or this puppy will die.
Need an indicator of progress. Status quo ain’t working. Argued with a few posters before the season who said this was a free asterisk season. That’s a clueless take as long as fanbases exist. Bailey might not be the solution...let’s start moving towards finding out. As for Chaney? I don’t believe the yenta fan narrative that he simply doesn’t want to coach Bailey, but if even an inkling is true? I don’t want a coach who’s content sitting on his $1.6 million salary waiting for someone he’s greenlit. Hope you stayed awake.

Damn almighty this Masters App and hunting the rut doesn’t work together. For the second time this week a shooter has bolted thru on me and I’ve been on this gosh damn phone

Need an indicator of progress. Status quo ain’t working. Argued with a few posters before the season who said this was a free asterisk season. That’s a clueless take as long as fanbases exist. Bailey might not be the solution...let’s start moving towards finding out. As for Chaney? I don’t believe the yenta fan narrative that he simply doesn’t want to coach Bailey, but if even an inkling is true? I don’t want a coach who’s content sitting on his $1.6 million salary waiting for someone he’s greenlit. Hope you stayed awake.
Had to Google that. Nice.

Reactions: jakez4ut

Personally I think the Chaney not liking Bailey thing is BS but other than a jumbo package against Missouri I have seen the lamest, least imaginative offense this side of 6 man ball in Montana. He simply has to go, he is obviously coasting, eating his way into oblivion.

I think it will be Bailey and Salter competing next year. One way or another, I believe JG will move on. We may look to take a transfer QB.
they should make JG be a GA. i actually think he could wind up being a pretty good coach one day...you know, the old addage...those can, do; those who can't, teach...............................

lol...

I’m talking about a failed SEASON and a coach not waiting to start fixing what was broke. Fired a legendary DC, replaced him with the RB’s coach, switched a RB to CB, made Shazzon Bradley a DT after switching the scheme from 3-4 to a 4-3 AND winning the last 5 games. The next season? 11-1 and the beginning of a winning era. Yeah Majors had won a NC at another school...THAT didn’t repair what was broke.

This - 100% correct. Sat in Neyland and watched it all happen. That was CJM at his finest point as a Vol HC IMO.

Personally I think the Chaney not liking Bailey thing is BS but other than a jumbo package against Missouri I have seen the lamest, least imaginative offense this side of 6 man ball in Montana. He simply has to go, he is obviously coasting, eating his way into oblivion.
i think that's an easy take too....i don't know how much he doesn't like HB or not. i do know that he didn't pursue him when he was at UGA. if there's an inference there to do anything with, is anyone's guess.

i think we saw what they wanted to do in the USCe and MO games to start the year....wasn't so great in the USCe game...made progress in the MO game...then the wheels came off against UGA and UK, and they went in to a turtle shell.

they simply do not trust the QB, no matter which one is in there, at all....and it's made chaney pucker up big time....everybody seems scared to death to make a mistake.....understandably so since it seems like every mistake we make is a game altering detriment to the outcome.....

i would imagine the offensive staff is beyond frustrated....even moreso knowing that they're still a year, or two, away on getting QB's they want, for one, then getitng them up to speed...................which is why they simply have to paly HB. the learning curve has to be expedited....just has to. don't have a choice.

i think that's an easy take too....i don't know how much he doesn't like HB or not. i do know that he didn't pursue him when he was at UGA. if there's an inference there to do anything with, is anyone's guess.

i think we saw what they wanted to do in the USCe and MO games to start the year....wasn't so great in the USCe game...made progress in the MO game...then the wheels came off against UGA and UK, and they went in to a turtle shell.

they simply do not trust the QB, no matter which one is in there, at all....and it's made chaney pucker up big time....everybody seems scared to death to make a mistake.....understandably so since it seems like every mistake we make is a game altering detriment to the outcome.....

i would imagine the offensive staff is beyond frustrated....even moreso knowing that they're still a year, or two, away on getting QB's they want, for one, then getitng them up to speed...................which is why they simply have to paly HB. the learning curve has to be expedited....just has to. don't have a choice.
Chaney’s never been a recruiter tho. UGA offered Bailey and I’m confident he was on board. Others, namely James Coley did the yeoman’s work in landing the Fromms and Fields who loaded up the QB roster.

Welll loookie loookie @Bassmaster_Vol if it isn’t underachiever Chris F**kin Weankie being a selfish douche bag....OOOP!...and look who else joined him underachiever number 2 Mr.Will no friend of mine lack luster of a Oline coach!...send em Packing!..S&C and chaney can go too...combined they ain’t worth S**t and they ain’t earned a penny that they are being paid!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back