Kyra Elzy named Interim HC at Kentucky

I didnā€™t see this coming. I hate to hear such a young man is retiring from the career I know he loves, but heā€™s obviously got a strong support system and thatā€™s gotta give him much comfort.

Iā€™m thrilled for Kyra to get this opportunity, and I canā€™t wait to see how she uses the outstanding roster sheā€™s been handed. Itā€™s rare that a new head coach gets to take over a program thatā€™s doing extremely well like UK has under Mitchell, so she knows she isnā€™t going to get the normal level of patience that coaches normally receive in their first year as head coach. The pressure will be on to improve on last yearā€™s performance, not stay the same or ā€” God forbid ā€” go backward.

Good luck, Kyra! But more importantly, all the best vibes to Matthew Mitchell and his family.

Holly was a good recruiter too then her role changed and she couldnā€™t make the transition. The head coach has to give some tough love once in a while. Hope Elzy can make the adjustment... I think šŸ¤”

Obviously itā€™s interim. You canā€™t hire a high level coach this time of year. Maybe she can do it.

Reactions: Remy
Holly was a good recruiter too then her role changed and she couldnā€™t make the transition. The head coach has to give some tough love once in a while. Hope Elzy can make the adjustment... I think šŸ¤”
when Kyra left Holly's staff, it was reportedly over coaching philosophy differences --- I have always wondered what might have happened if Holly had listened to Kyra more and kept her at UT

P.S. Kyra was always one of my favorite players --- she and Tamika were similar in the way they approached the game

when Kyra left Holly's staff, it was reportedly over coaching philosophy differences --- I have always wondered what might have happened if Holly had listened to Kyra more and kept her at UT

P.S. Kyra was always one of my favorite players --- she and Tamika were similar in the way they approached the game
Krya didnt leave Holly fired her.

Yes. Kyra was more of a Pat in many ways; low tolerance for some areas. She was a great player and I hope makes a great coach. I hated to see her go. It will be interesting. šŸ§”šŸ§”šŸ§”, Kyra.

VN Store

Back