Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't all on Fulmer. UT was in a tough spot the last time around. Fulmer has taken a lot of the fundraising, PR and donor stuff off Pruitt's plate-- he does a lot more than most ADs would do, and he's very good at it. And UT has spared no expense hiring experienced assistants and a large admin staff. In three years, Pruitt should have learned to be a decent CEO who can delegate effectively to a staff he hand-picked to work with him. Personality, temperament, personnel management and leadership are all part of the HC job. If a guy isn't a natural, he'd better learn fast, especially at a high-profile program with the passion and expectations of UT.
Good to see you back. Appreciate the information

Reactions: VOLSONLY
i remember the #emptyneyland campaign...didn't work then. won't work now....it is what it is. htey showed up in 2011 and 2012 until the writing was on the wall for those seasons. they showed up in 2017, until the writing was on the wall.

they'll show up next year too. until the writing is on the wall....plus you have no idea what changes are in store for the staff!!!
That's what the administration is counting on. That's why things never change. Until it significantly hurts them financially.

Dude, that's a helluva take. Ever had a torn pectoral muscle and tried to tackle guys who outweigh you?
Nope, but I have had a torn hamstring on my load leg for hitting, wore a leg brace that prevented full rom and zero rotation and was able to hit above .320 at MTSU while hardly able to run. Pardon me if I expect the job to be done if they’re going to go out there.

. . .and ansley doesn't seem as aggressive as Pruitt in calling the defense.....the 4th qtr against Arkansas....everyone's talking about what a difference in performance between the 3rd qtr and 4th qtr....who was calling the defense in both qtrs?

I would like to know the answer to this question.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I think a lot could be forgiven of Pruitt if he even made an ATTEMPT to try something new on offense. Listen. If you TRY a true freshman and he sucks, YOU HAVE A VALID EXCUSE! He's still maturing!

But trotting a 5th year JG out there makes you look incompetent and stubborn as a coach!
reface-2020-11-10-01-51-15.gif

That's what the administration is counting on. That's why things never change. Until it significantly hurts them financially.
i think they know it hurts. there's an opportunity cost associated with sucking at football no matter what the stadium looks like.

just look at enrollment numbers at places that have experienced success at a high level over the past decade+.....Auburn has seen enrollments increase, 24k in 2008 to over 30k in 2020.
Alabama...27k in 2008 to 38k in 2019
Florida's enrollment is on the up, but guess what, it took a bit of dip between Meyer and mullen...it's uncanny....52k in 2008 to a low of 49k in 2011, now back up to 58k in 2020.
LSU was steady since 2010 at around 30k/year....then, the past two years, over 35k....
Even UGA's, which aren't near as significant as some of these mentioned, was steady at 34k/year from 2010 til 2015....then it's bumped up every year since to now 38k/year.

Tennesse...27k 2008...30k 2020...

so the losses over time are significant....our competition is seeing exteme growth over the last 12 years, some averaging +10k per year increases now vs. then.

whereas we're at +3k/year, which is organic growth at best.

and you're not gonna convince me that those programs having good/solid/elite programs dont' have anyhthing to do with that.

We arent favored in 3 of our last 4 games. How dense do you have to be to NOT try something new on offense? Literally stupid

DUMB DOWN THE PLAYBOOK AND START HB
I don’t even think you have to dumb down the playbook. We’ve already done that to the extreme to play JG. I think that had hurt us more than anything. We are very easy to defend and we’re predictable.

I say open it up as much as possible and let Bailey do his thing. People will be excited to play with him. Everyone would be better from it... should have made a change awhile ago...

@LA Vol so Freeze is a pipe dream? I mean he has to have crossed someone’s mind up in that AD.
Freeze just signed a long term contract extension with Liberty. Based on comments he will be making 3 Million a year and is locked in through 2026. I don't think he's going anywhere until the job of his dreams becomes available. Everyone can back off the ledge a little bit now.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I don’t even think you have to dumb down the playbook. We’ve already done that to the extreme to play JG. I say open it up as much as possible and let Bailey do his thing. People will be excited to play with him. Everyone would be better from it... should have made a change awhile ago...
Our playbook is dumbed down as far as it can get. Every DC pretty much knows what we're gonna do. All you have to do is look at the 3rd quarter in the past 4 games.

and ansley doesn't seem as aggressive as Pruitt in calling the defense.....the 4th qtr against Arkansas....everyone's talking about what a difference in performance between the 3rd qtr and 4th qtr....who was calling the defense in both qtrs?

I’ve seen a lot of talk about Pruitt taking over the 4th qt being the change we saw at Arkansas and perhaps he did but let’s be honest that game dictated the change. The defense played great the first half and the game plan was working to perfection. Once JG went out it Became clear the game was going to be lost without forcing a TO on defense and thus we saw the change. I doubt who was calling the defense mattered as the original game plan had to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back