Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I would add, he did that as a 14 year old FR that started every game in 7a in GA too. He never looked rattled or out of place. He looked like a SR with lots of experience right out of the gate in high school.
Its good teaching from a young age, but also instincts for the position that you just can't teach.

He showed enough to me - by stepping up in the pocket, moving well, knowing when to escape, and keeping his eyes down field after escaping - to know that he should've been QB1 in practice from the moment he stepped on campus, getting all the reps. He was also very quick and deliberate in his decision to hit the check down (even though we needed to be forcing it down the field).

It's also sad as hell that those are the attributes we are looking for in a QB right now. Those are basic fundamentals and we are missing them in our 5th year SR, seeing them in our FR, and yet the FR isn't playing.

Yeah, we all better get ready for this thing to explode.
I think if we were to lose to Vandy and go 2-8 that all cards are on the table and AT THE VERY LEAST have to be seriously discussed. I think they’re in a firm “hold” position right now but definitely the lug nuts are starting to come of the wheels one-by-one.

I hope its not a defensive guy either. Get someone to fix the offense and score some points.
Just a better manager overall. Hire someone who knows how to help others do their jobs...no matter which side of the ball.

We probably won't ever reach the level of Georgia, Alabama, and Florida again at least not consistently partially due to the geographic advantages and competent ADs they have.

But there is NO doubt in my mind that we should damn near always be ahead of Kentucky, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, and Missouri in the east as well as turn out better teams than what Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State have. We always have more talent, resources, and have better facilities.

The problem remains at the very top with idiots running the ship for 15 years and counting.

Agreed, we should be able to in our worse seasons lose 3 or 4 max (since we do have to face Bama/Georgia/Florida) but if you'll recall that during our most recent glory days the only team of those 3 that was "up" was Florida with Spurrier. Bama between Stallings & Saban wasn't an automatic L, Georgia prior to Richt was also pretty down.

I think if we were to lose to Vandy and go 2-8 that all cards are on the table and AT THE VERY LEAST have to be seriously discussed. I think they’re in a firm “hold” position right now but definitely the lug nuts are starting to come of the wheels one-by-one.
I could be wrong, but the final record isn’t going to be Fulmer’s decision making point. He knows how to look past that and see if Pruitt has lost control of the program.

NOBODY does a coaching search like the Vols! The product on the field may not have been what we'd want for the better part of a decade, but dang it, we are best in the country at coaching searches!!!!

I'm trying to find something to be positive about with the football program at the moment.
So much more fun than watching our games 😂

Whoa, Hubbs is just openly talking about a potential coaching search. That’s interesting
Yeah, we all better get ready for this thing to explode.
Fulmer knows Freeze well. Really well.

So what we need to find out is if Fulmer was on board with possibly hiring him as OC, or if he was timid about it knowing the SEC’s stance and steered Pruitt in a different direction. Someone should ask Hubbs for that information.
I’m here for it! Bring on another coaching search!! Maybe 5th time will be the charm! Just Hugh it!

67F00937-DB74-4216-87EA-C392C4DAE1CC.gif

All things equal with Fulmer on board, Freeze chooses UT over SC. Would think the same about Auburn BUT that admin would be able to sell him on having his back on doing what needs to be done to compete against Bama. Price tag would be hefty if they became players in this imaginary sweepstakes.

Maybe it was just his time with the Texans but I’d be a hard pass on O’Brien. To each his own though.

52-48 in the NFL isn't anything to sneeze at. He had one losing season before the 0-4 start this year that got him fired. Every other season they won at least 9 games. Won the AFC South 4 of his 7 years there as well.

But I don't know how well he'd do in the SEC or if he'd want back in college. What he was able to do in his 2 seasons at Penn State though, with the limitations on that program is impressive.

Also this brings up an interesting name... thoughts on James Franklin (not sure he'd want to come to UT or if he's ever leaving Penn State). Would people consider him a "proven" head coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back