Game Worn Jersey Cards.....BEWARE!!!

DOCTORLOOMIS

Smith’s Grove - Warren County Sanitarium
I have long suspected that many so called "game worn" jersey or game worn patch cards were NOT authentic. Now I can prove at least one is no good! If you are a card collector, please watch!!!

Reactions: 508mikey and MAD
I have long suspected that many so called "game worn" jersey or game worn patch cards were NOT authentic. Now I can prove at least one is no good! If you are a card collector, please watch!!!

Very interesting, I enjoyed watching and learning about this.
I have a question. If I remember correctly it rained that day, is it possible that he wore more than one jersey during the game?

Reactions: 508mikey
Very interesting, I enjoyed watching and learning about this.
I have a question. If I remember correctly it rained that day, is it possible that he wore more than one jersey during the game?

Great question....the answer is no. I have a photo of him in the first quarter AND a photo of him after the game ended. Same jersey in both photos.

Reactions: MAD
What does the back of the card that you are analyzing state re: game worn, event worn, player worn, etc? It might add something to the video to represent what the company posits as authenticity.

What does the back of the card that you are analyzing state re: game worn, event worn, player worn, etc? It might add something to the video to represent what the company posits as authenticity.
Peyton-Manning.jpg
wording is on the front next to the swatch -- back of the card is PM as a Colt with a Colts jersey swatch

Last edited:
Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
When it says game worn jersey, does it mean it was worn by the player on the card?

When it says game worn jersey, does it mean it was worn by the player on the card?

There have been instances in the past where a jersey was worn by another player in a game and the way the wording is they can get away with it if it doesn't specifically say it was worn by the player pictured on the card.

Reactions: MAD
There are also many cases where people replace the plain jersey swatch in the card with a fake patch card. I don't think that is the case here because I remember when Elite came out and there were a few of the Citrus Bowl patches in the card.

Is it possible they have the Citrus Bowl jersey from the Northwestern game and used the patch from that game but another orange jersey from a different game for the plain swatch cards?

I wonder about this video -- would they really destroy a Bear Bryant hat, let alone pay a huge price for it ? I did end up with one of thess cards

I wonder about this video -- would they really destroy a Bear Bryant hat, let alone pay a huge price for it ? I did end up with one of thess cards

I saw where there was a Donruss issued Babe Ruth jersey card. GTFO that they cut up a Babe Ruth jersey.

I saw where there was a Donruss issued Babe Ruth jersey card. GTFO that they cut up a Babe Ruth jersey.

A lot of Ruth memorabilia is from pants they cut up but it is shocking how much they will spend on a jersey just to cut it up but they make that money back probably a hundred fold.

IF this were the case, where are the lawsuits?

There are also many cases where people replace the plain jersey swatch in the card with a fake patch card. I don't think that is the case here because I remember when Elite came out and there were a few of the Citrus Bowl patches in the card.

Is it possible they have the Citrus Bowl jersey from the Northwestern game and used the patch from that game but another orange jersey from a different game for the plain swatch cards?

Zero % chance....

VN Store

Back