Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won’t watch the games anymore. Last time he was on the sideline he said he wanted to snatch him up. Said he sat quietly by himself pouting after a bad play and then started trying to blame others for his bad play. He already knows JG is Terrible and said he won’t watch another game until he is gone. Like I said, VFLs are checking out. Love name calling too, shows you know that you have no idea what you are talking about and lashing out.
lmao You started the name calling. "JG's dad". And I agree, you don't know what you're talking about. I never claimed JG was a great QB and I've criticized him all year, but he was playing a good game against Arkansas, as in he was following the game plan and we had a lead at half. Coaching led to things falling apart. JG was leading the team as asked. He didn't lose that game for us. Anyone who understands football knows that.

Reactions: barrylee
Bailey looked pretty good in the pocket yesterday albeit limited snaps and manly 3 man rushes but definitely didn’t look like a statue back there which is what we were lead to believe. Also find it interesting our defense started playing better when we put the young guys in.

Might see Vandy actually get Franklin back. If that happens, SC gets Freeze, and we get stuck with Pruitt or Coach McGoogle, then I will definitely be out until Tennessee shows we are serious about winning again.
If they don't get serious by the end of season they never will. For the record I don't believe it will happen in my lifetime.

It’s a sad state when I am agreeing with Rucker. To run the offense TN is trying to run you need far superior talent. That’s why you don’t run this offense when you’re still have bottom half of the league in talent. Need an OC like Briles, Leby, or Freeze who can do more with less. Trying to beat the Georgia’s and Alabama’s with a poor mans version of their offense.
Yep. I've said this since day 1 with Pruitt.

So does your friend know that JG doesn’t play defense? Or does he expect JG to defend a slant or cover WRs?
Lol! We have problems everywhere. Main one is QB. He was a linebacker here, he knows there are issues on defense. But any defense will give up points when they are on the field the whole game.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
lmao You started the name calling. "JG's dad". And I agree, you don't know what you're talking about. I never claimed JG was a great QB and I've criticized him all year, but he was playing a good game against Arkansas, as in he was following the game plan and we had a lead at half. Coaching led to things falling apart. JG was leading the team as asked. He didn't lose that game for us. Anyone who understands football knows that.
I hope one day to understand football as much as you. I’ll be sure to have the VFLs call you for advice on how games are going. They would love some help too.

Lol! We have problems everywhere. Main one is QB. He was a linebacker here, he knows there are issues on defense. But any defense will give up points when they are on the field the whole game.
Main one wasn't QB yesterday. Tell him to watch yesterday's game and then ask him if QB was the biggest issue. It wasn't. I'm all for blaming JG when it's his fault, but it's stupid to point to him when it's not.

I hope one day to understand football as much as you. I’ll be sure to have the VFLs call you for advice on how games are going. They would love some help too.
You've already said he didn't watch the game. No one has said JG isn't a problem, but he wasn't the problem in yesterday's game. Maybe your problem is reading comprehension?

Has Pruitt and this staff already thrown in the towel? I know we joke about it, but I wonder if there is any validity to it.

I swear, we fire Pruitt and then end up paying him to coordinate Bama’s defense with our buyout money that may be the break point for me. I very well may just say F it, I’m out, for real.

Reactions: Aesius
Has Pruitt and this staff already thrown in the towel? I know we joke about it, but I wonder if there is any validity to it.

I swear, we fire Pruitt and then end up paying him to coordinate Bama’s defense with our buyout money that may be the break point for me. I very well may just say F it, I’m out, for real.
If Pruitt were to somehow be terminated after this season I would love for him to take over for Kevin Steele as DC at Auburn.😁

Bailey looked pretty good in the pocket yesterday albeit limited snaps and manly 3 man rushes but definitely didn’t look like a statue back there which is what we were lead to believe. Also find it interesting our defense started playing better when we put the young guys in.
Yeah I agree. Hes gonna be good under the right staff . He's clearly better than JG. JP didn't help the kid out by making his 1st pass of the night on a 4th and 4, instead of kicking the FG.

More I think about it the more I think JP has to go. He shouldn't be allowed a year to "fix his staff", its been a revolving door since he's been the HC. But thats not the ut way tho, we will more likely keep Pruitt for 2 more years.

Yeah I agree. Hes gonna be good under the right staff . He's clearly better than JG. JP didn't help the kid out by making his 1st pass of the night on a 4th and 4, instead of kicking the FG.

More I think about it the more I think JP has to go. He shouldn't be allowed a year to "fix his staff", its been a revolving door since he's been the HC. But thats not the ut way tho, we will more likely keep Pruitt for 2 more years.
I’m fine with giving Pruitt more time UNLESS it’s a guarantee we could get Freeze.

Yeah, I never understood where that came from. I've said on here many times that he moves really well in the pocket. He was under pressure a lot in high school and was really good about moving around and making the throws without panicking and trying to run away or throw it away. He would stand in there knowing he was going to get drilled and waited for the receiver to break open before delivering the ball. I dont know if @fearsvols still posts on here, but he can tell you how tough he is. I believe he was at the N Gwinett game in Baileys SO year where he threw for 338 and 5 tds in the playoffs vs eventual state champ. He got lit up every play, but stood back there and delivered the ball.

If Hugh Freeze goes to USCjr then that is a major indictment on our university. It shows that even the lowest of low care more about winning than we do. He would tear it up there and I’m willing to bet he’d beat Clemson at least once while he’s there. He will out recruit us and we will sign some lame duck coach from the MAC. It’s freaking ridiculous!!!! This university cares nothing about its athletic program or its fans!

Last edited:
If Hugh Freeze goes to South Carolina we should go ahead and accept our place as a cellar dweller in the SEC. that just shows you he’s interested in getting back to the SEC. South Carolina would beat us every year he’s there.

Dude we hired DD, Butch, and then Pruitt. It's way beyond time to accept our place. Everywhere except for Vandy cares about winning more, and at least they hired James Franklin and got lucky. We're not hiring Freeze, we don't hire big names, it's the Haslam way.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back