Intel on Pruitt situation

Water_Rat

1. Group of Boosters forced Pruitt to fire D Line coach. This was not Pruitts decision, several boosters are extremely weary of Pruitts performance and demanded change.

2. Big boosters are as factional as they were 3 years ago. Only way buyout of Pruitt will happen within the next 2 years is if UT can get a big time potential hire that incentives boosters to invest in the expensive $12m+ buyout. There is desire to get Pruitt out but there has to be exit strategy to a much better coach. The $12m will not be paid to go get another unproven Coach.

1. Group of Boosters forced Pruitt to fire D Line coach. This was not Pruitts decision, several boosters are extremely weary of Pruitts performance and demanded change.

2. Big boosters are as factional as they were 3 years ago. Only way buyout of Pruitt will happen within the next 2 years is if UT can get a big time potential hire that incentives boosters to invest in the expensive $12m+ buyout. There is desire to get Pruitt out but there has to be exit strategy to a much better coach. The $12m will not be paid to go get another unproven Coach.

So you're an insider huh

Regarding #1, if it were anywhere but Knoxville, I would have my doubts but it makes perfect sense here.

You say the offense sucks and the 5th year QB isn't any good? The obviously answer is to fire the DL guy who has been around for all of 4 games.

I don’t know why it was D Line coach, I just know it was Boosters who met with Pruitt and forced the change. I don’t know if the boosters wanted D Line coach to take the bullet or if that piece was Pruitts decision.

I also agree that boosters are part of the problem, lots of big money guys with egos but not great football acumen.

I trust deer park and Larry.

I see very little of both on here anymore though.

Either say it, book it.

Anyone else.....hard pass.

This.

As for AquaRat...I already flushed the toilet. Have fun reading the Daily / Hourly Intel Summaries...;)

Go Vols.

Reactions: NEO
I don’t know why it was D Line coach, I just know it was Boosters who met with Pruitt and forced the change. I don’t know if the boosters wanted D Line coach to take the bullet or if that piece was Pruitts decision.

I also agree that boosters are part of the problem, lots of big money guys with egos but not great football acumen.
Care to at least somewhat tell us how you got this information?

Trying to start some more internal conflict here? There’s not even a way to verify if any of this is true

Reactions: GBOx2

Question: do you have a newsletter that I can sign up for?

Regarding #1, if it were anywhere but Knoxville, I would have my doubts but it makes perfect sense here.

You say the offense sucks and the 5th year QB isn't any good? The obviously answer is to fire the DL guy who has been around for all of 4 games.
And the new DL coach (Pruitt) hasn't improved the DL one bit. Wish Pruitt would now fire his own ass.

Barring Brumbaugh doing something horrible, nothing about that situation made sense.

Which if he did something really bad, he would have been fired for cause.

As it stands, just another 800K $ + mistake by this program.

VN Store

Back