Pruitt CAN be fired, buyout not a problem

FLORIDA will fire Mullen?? God Almighty; did you sleep at all last night?? Hangover? Go post that on Gator Nation. They need ANOTHER Good Laugh! Geeze----

He's saying UF will fire him in the next 4-5 years or so if he fails to win a Natty. Which is absolutely true. Lol cause UF has elite standards still.

USC, Mich, Texas all possibly jumping in the coach search. South Carolina and Auburn dying to get in. Any other program could jump in the mix.

I don't think we want to see us struggle in the search again and get humbled by programs we think we are on par with or better than.

Freeze isn't hollering for his wife because Tennessee is on the line. Fleck isn't dropping what he's doing. Urban Meyer? Lol

Reactions: VolinMC and Volanta
Let's say we do make a hire we think we can be excited about. Are they going to beat 2/3 of UF, UGA, Bama? Are they good enough to beat Saban 2x a year? Because that's what it takes.

At some point you just have to save your money and wait for Saban to retire then throw 8-10M/yr at the best coach

I think this is the bigger issue. He needs to make staff changes. Letting some of the coaches go and replacing them with higher priced assistants will cost a lot of money. They will be afraid to invest that money in a new staff while they are gathering money to put towards Pruitt's buyout. This is the death knell. It's Larry Scott all over again.

Pruitt has a reputation for being abrasive and hard to work for. That severely limits the pool of assistant coaching candidates. How many conpetent guys are going to leave a job for a guy that's abrasive, micromanages and is a dead guy walking?

Pruitt has a reputation for being abrasive and hard to work for. That severely limits the pool of assistant coaching candidates. How many conpetent guys are going to leave a job for a guy that's abrasive, micromanages and is a dead guy walking?
He has a pool of buddies still available to him, it seems. That pool is shrinking as they realize his time is nearly over. That means they would cost even more money because of the risk.

Wanted to post this and see what everyone thinks. If he's fired, there will be an offset for his income from another job. No way he sits around without someone (likely Bama) picking him up as DC at 1 million per year or more. That would knock it down quite a bit.

He's had massive turnover on his staff already and lost S&C guy. It seems that he is hard to work with and everything you hear is that he is stubborn. Playing JG is clear evidence of that.

It's obvious to rational people that it's not going to work. I hope we go ahead and rip the band aid and get it over with.
It’s a amazing we continue to care when the admin doesn’t , if we fired him we’d be googling the new hire and they’d be telling us how he is the next Saban

Wanted to post this and see what everyone thinks. If he's fired, there will be an offset for his income from another job. No way he sits around without someone (likely Bama) picking him up as DC at 1 million per year or more. That would knock it down quite a bit.

He's had massive turnover on his staff already and lost S&C guy. It seems that he is hard to work with and everything you hear is that he is stubborn. Playing JG is clear evidence of that.

It's obvious to rational people that it's not going to work. I hope we go ahead and rip the band aid and get it over with.

Pruitts contract supposedly does NOT include an offset from other income if he’s fired. So he can make $1mil at Bama as DC and still get his $12mil from UT. Fulmer supposedly agreed to this with Sexton.

Big donors never came thru with money for Dooley or Jones buyout so I doubt they bail Fulmer out either.

The place is a complete shitshow.

Pruitts contract supposedly does NOT include an offset from other income if he’s fired. So he can make $1mil at Bama as DC and still get his $12mil from UT. Fulmer supposedly agreed to this with Sexton.

Big donors never came thru with money for Dooley or Jones buyout so I doubt they bail Fulmer out either.

The place is a complete shitshow.

Do you know that for sure about his contract? That's standard language in most coaching contracts these days. I don't know for sure, but I'd be shocked if that were the case.

Nick Satan would pick him up for $25,000 a year until the RECENTLY EXTENDED (thanks a lot Fulmer) contract runs out just like Butch is doing.

Do you know that for sure about his contract? That's standard language in most coaching contracts these days. I don't know for sure, but I'd be shocked if that were the case.

Here's the buy out section. It makes it clear there is no mitigation/offset. The extension moved the end of the contract date to Jan 31 2026.

http://tennessee.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Jeremy-Pruitt-football.pdf

Section 3.1.2

If the University terminates this Agreement without Cause pursuant to Section 3.1.1, then the University shall pay Coach a separation payment in the amount of sixty percent (60%) of the Base Pay and Supplemental Pay which would have been payable from the University Termination Date through January 31, 2024 (the "University Separation Payment''), without any mitigation obligations incurred by Coach or offset rights atbibuted to the University following any such termination. Payment of the University Separation Payment shall be made in equal monthly installments over a period equal to the number of months remaining until January 31, 2024, with the first monthly installment of the University Separation Payment due on or before the thirtieth (30111)day following the University Termination Date. The University's obligations under this Section 3.1.2 shall not accrue interest (so long as not in arrears).

Last edited:
Reactions: Raebo and Volanta
Nick Satan would pick him up for $25,000 a year until the RECENTLY EXTENDED (thanks a lot Fulmer) contract runs out just like Butch is doing.
Tennessee needs to grow a pair and do what Arkansas did to Beliema. If Pruitt (or any ex coach) purposely maximizes the UT buyout through these schemes, stop paying him and sue them to get money back instead.

Look this guy was not going to be here long term, for various reasons. He's a bammer. His whole family is, everything about him is gump, except winning. He's going back to bamaland at some point, be it highly successful or a failure. Well we see what he is. Cut bait and give him his golden parachute and drop him back over Hoover. It's time to give someone else a shot.

Any offset, it that clause is even there, is negligible, so that's 12 mil there. In addition, most of our assistants and both coordinators have contracts and a new coach isn't likely to retain them, so there's that. Add to that the projected 40 mil loss from this year (I'm pretty sure I read that), and I think we can see we have CJP for one to two years at least. Better hope he can right the ship next year. I do expect some staff shakeup though.

Reactions: savannahfan
If you want to be Florida, Georgia, Bama ect you have to demand a level of success.
I’ve said that Mullin at Florida will find a way to lose a game or two a year he shouldn’t and it will keep him from winning championships. If I’m right Florida will fire him and get someone else. They have a championship standard there. We do not.

Well if they do, we should be blocking the door against anyone else being first in line....

VN Store

Back