Bailey looks composed but not ready for the moment just yet!

We may as well go with Bailey all the way now and let him get the experience. I hate it for JG but they need to monitor him for a while before putting him right back in. It's time to move on now. GBO!

BM vs MSU and HB

Just think people expect to much from these 2 given what we have learned about CJP and how practices go
Don't mean this as any type of defense of the coaching staff, but I think BM's lack of progression (or even regression) is not all on the coaches. I think the personal battles he's had to face has had an effect on him too. It does seem like the coaches haven't helped at all though for sure.

Agreed. You're gonna have to throw the ball and throw it deep to win now. It's ok to run to open up the pass but running can't be your main go to against these better teams
And vise versa, you have to be balanced. You have to be able to run and pass, that is never going to change. GBO!

Don't mean this as any type of defense of the coaching staff, but I think BM's lack of progression (or even regression) is not all on the coaches. I think the personal battles he's had to face has had an effect on him too. It does seem like the coaches haven't helped at all though for sure.
That could be true as well......no one know be cause no gets reps or a chance to develop...he could be as mental as JG...so could HB...

Reactions: BJSforVols
We may as well go with Bailey all the way now and let him get the experience. I hate it for JG but they need to monitor him for a while before putting him right back in. It's time to move on now. GBO!
I hate to see a player lose his spot due to injury, but JG probably should have lost his spot before this injury anyway. The injury will just force the coaches into a decision which they should have made weeks ago anyway.

BM vs MSU and HB

Just think people expect to much from these 2 given what we have learned about CJP and how practices go

Sure, when you practice for a conservative, run oriented game plan, asking any qb, starter or backup, to suddenly start playing like Mahomes is not realistic.

Season is over. If I were the head coach now, I’d say F...it. We’re going to start prepping for next year. More wide open, down the field offense. We’ll find out which of the players can adjust to that and who can’t.

That last drive, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run Run and on 4th down, throw the interception, which was BS, because a missed call. Should have been first and ten. But I'm not upset about the missed call. I told my son - Chaney's conservative and always, they make the new QB hand off on the first play. If I know that, you know dang well Arkansas knew it. The run was working somewhat , but chewing up clock.

Let the boy air it out a couple of times. I've heard he's got a good arm, however our receivers aren't getting open or so it seems.

2 minute drill just sucked. No sideline passes. Burning clock was abysmal. Of course he's a freshman and missed practice due to Covid, but.. at this stage in the season, he should be better than that.

Love Tee to death as a VFL and former player, but why can't our receivers get open and why don't the guys that can make the splash plays, no. 11 and no. 5, not get the ball? Chaney? Say what you want, but our coaching is awful on offense, and the 2 minute drill was very poorly executed.

Vandy game going to be close? Yep, at this moment, I'm a negavol. I'll admit it. It's obvious we have talent, but suck at fundamentals. Defense I think is above average, but George got burned on the slant over and over. I'll shut up.. just rambling. (#why can't we have nice things like the other teams)

Bailey looked good considering the situation except for not being aware of the clock and needing two scores. Was too worried about not throwing the interception and killed the clock for AR.

He looked to have potential though. Need to play him and let him grow with real life game time experience.
Play bailey so freeze can get a look. Hire pruitt for our dc so bama doesn't.

Gonna a throw him in at the most crucial time of a game when your down when you hqvent given him time to get just reps under center is a disservice to him and a terrible way to prepare him.... Pruitt is not the answer and it's some issue internally

Reactions: whodeycin85
Bailey looked good considering the situation except for not being aware of the clock and needing two scores. Was too worried about not throwing the interception and killed the clock for AR.

He looked to have potential though. Need to play him and let him grow with real life game time experience.

Yes it is past time to start him,, and start letting him get snaps in practice with the ones, and make a game plan around his strengths. This season is shot anyways let him learn and be ready for game one next year. Play the rest of the year and he will be ready to kick off next years season. Wait till next year and you loose at least half of a season getting him prepared for the game.

In HS, HB did not play like Joe Montana. But over the course of a game, he made enough good plays to win. He was methodical, kind of like Peyton. I think coach ought to play him an entire game and then another entire game.

Reactions: 508mikey
HB had more confidence, poise, and accuracy than any QB we have. That deep throw down the middle was a great showing of his arm talent. He needs to be the guy moving forward.

What? Looked like he was driving it down field pretty quickly to me. Ball snapped, connected over the middle, then repeat 2 more times. Too bad they weren't doing it all frikin game. Arkansas couldn't stop it, but it was too little too late.

I will say, even though those were short intermediate passes, they were a thing of beauty. Perfect touch on the ball, perfectly executed, and "over the middle" something we never see. Sadly the most entertaining part of the game lol.

What? Looked like he was driving it down field pretty quickly to me. Ball snapped, connected over the middle, then repeat 2 more times. Too bad they weren't doing it all frikin game. Arkansas couldn't stop it, but it was too little too late.

I will say, even though those were short intermediate passes, they were a thing of beauty. Perfect touch on the ball, perfectly executed, and "over the middle" something we never see. Sadly the most entertaining part of the game lol.
Yeah here’s and idea, play your most talented QB from the start, when you can call any play in the book, not just when you’re down with time running out and the D and clock dictate what you have to call.
Maybe you’ll actually be ahead late in the game! Is this rocket science?

This is best scenario for Pruitt’s long term chances. It would be ideal for entire offensive line to return all 5 starters with Bailey for continuity’s sake
Trey Smith definitely declares and Cade lets the draft advisory board help him decide. Kennedy moves on.

VN Store

Back